Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spain is back
(03-26-2021, 12:29 PM)3wt Wrote: I'm all about Meinerz.   I hope they don't try to wait till 3.    I really want this guy.

Going to be an interesting draft.  There are a lot of interesting people to look at from the 3rd round on both sides of the ball.   Just hope they get a stud at 5.

I'm actually worried he won't make it out of the first round; we've seen what over-hype (even if it's warranted) does to prospects each year and he's firmly in that territory, right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 01:04 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It seems we have now reached the annual point in the offseason where we have silently moved on from our crushed hopes of big improvement and have now shifted our hopes towards talking up how great young 6th/7th/UDFA guys could be.

Fred Johnson and Auden Tate last offseason. Apparently Adeniji (and likely a 7th round WR in the draft) this offseason. 

To a point, I just have liked almost everything I have seen from Adeniji and think he was a steal as late as we got him.

To act like a mid to late round OL cannot become a good starter is laughable though. We have seen first round picks bust 
over and over. Nothing is a sure thing and I have seen good play in the NFL out of Adeniji unlike the top O-lineman in the 
Draft. We will see how good Sewell is in the NFL, we have no idea, we will see how Adeniji improves and if he becomes a
starter, I am not betting against him. He is smart, has great feet, has long arms and plays with technique.

All the qualities you want in a good Offensive Lineman. It isn't settling if he becomes great.

What if we do all the things you want and overhaul the O-line with the last of the proven OL in FA and go all OL through 
the first 5 rounds and we still suck?
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 01:50 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm actually worried he won't make it out of the first round; we've seen what over-hype (even if it's warranted) does to prospects each year and he's firmly in that territory, right now.

The Steelers are really interested in Meinerz I heard. 

If they take him in the first that would be a shocker and honestly I would be mad about it. Really like Meinerz myself.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 11:51 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The plan should be for XSF and Spain to compete for one OG spot, and have a new guy (FA or early draft pick) take the other.

All for it. Just happy to have Spain back. Good depth at the very least.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 01:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What if we do all the things you want and overhaul the O-line with the last of the proven OL in FA and go all OL through 
the first 5 rounds and we still suck?

Oh, I am all but certain they will. I have zero faith in Zac Taylor and Lou Anarumo to not suck. I just want a 100% healthy Burrow and a good OL already there to draw the next HC and next OC in who will hopefully not be awful.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Oh, I am all but certain they will. I have zero faith in Zac Taylor and Lou Anarumo to not suck. I just want a 100% healthy Burrow and a good OL already there to draw the next HC and next OC in who will hopefully not be awful.

I get that.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 01:50 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm actually worried he won't make it out of the first round; we've seen what over-hype (even if it's warranted) does to prospects each year and he's firmly in that territory, right now.

I don't think Meinerz makes it into the first round. He played D-3 ball. He wouldn't even be on anyone's radar had it not been for the miracle that got him invited to the Senior Bowl. All the hype will get him moved from undrafted to a round 2 selection, IMO. I'd love for the Bengals to get him in the 2nd. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 03:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't think Meinerz makes it into the first round. He played D-3 ball. He wouldn't even be on anyone's radar had it not been for the miracle that got him invited to the Senior Bowl. All the hype will get him moved from undrafted to a round 2 selection, IMO. I'd love for the Bengals to get him in the 2nd. 

I don't think he will make it in the 1st, in my heart of hearts, buy I'm just worried of the outside chance of it happening.

Tytus Howard was a 3rd, MAYBE lower 2nd-round pick projection and he went 22nd (or 24th or whatever). I can see that happening here as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote