Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Starting to think the NFL is rigged
(11-02-2021, 12:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: Damn you!!!!!!

It's frustrating that Sled didn't eat the right food, but I'm just glad we're finally focusing on the real reason we lost.

I bet him eating Goldstar instead of Skyline is why we get those damn ties.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 12:20 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: It's frustrating that Sled didn't eat the right food, but I'm just glad we're finally focusing on the real reason we lost.

He better get his shit together! 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 12:20 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: It's frustrating that Sled didn't eat the right food, but I'm just glad we're finally focusing on the real reason we lost.

I never thought of it! But it holds as much water as someone's lucky jersey or spot on the couch. So far this season, the record is perfect though. There will be no more games without Skyline, regardless of who is here.
Reply/Quote
There are some very interesting Youtube videos by Michael Franzese in which he talks about how the mob controls sporting events. He says basketball is the easiest because one good player can affect the game by not playing to potential. The way the mob gets into it is because many athletes are degenerate gamblers who get into debts they can't pay off. He says they pretty much can't get into Professional Athletes anymore because they make so much money they can afford to pay their debts, so the current deal is college games. Makes me wonder though how many referees get into the same trouble gambling, then have to make sure the point spread is or is not covered. Franzese said it's never about winning or losing, it is always the spread. So maybe it's not the league rigging games, maybe it's the mob. He's a real interesting guy, who made hundreds of millions of dollars when he came up with the gas tax scheme, and is the only Capo to ever walk away from the mob without being killed.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 11:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This was definitely Lou, right?

Someone was really going out on a limb putting a grand on that, but if there's any reason to suspect rigging that would be a nail in the coffin for the true believers in NFL integrity.. Tongue
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 02:52 PM)grampahol Wrote: Someone was really going out on a limb putting a grand on that, but if there's any reason to suspect rigging that would be a nail in the coffin for the true believers in NFL integrity.. Tongue

I'd really like for someone to dig into "Mr. Pull the flag out of your pocket before the foul" and see if he's a gambler.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 03:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: ..."Mr. Pull the flag out of your pocket before the foul" ...

Is there video evidence of this?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 03:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd really like for someone to dig into "Mr. Pull the flag out of your pocket before the foul" and see if he's a gambler.

(11-02-2021, 04:02 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Is there video evidence of this?

NFL of course blocks it, but if you click to youtube and watch it you'll see the flag comes way after the actual hit.

At 00:25 secs you'll see Hilton and the RB make contact, the flag flies in 3 seconds later which is normal looking in real time and even in slow motion.

I'm yet to see a camera angle that has the official in it prior to tossing the flag where you can see him, but watching it in real time even if he had his hand on the flag (which might be normal for officials during a play to have their hand near it, I don't watch the officials) it comes in as one would expect at a normal time.

I get people being upset with the call and it is unfair since Hilton goes down first and the runner lowers into him, but that is just a failure of the language of the rules but in no way is this some grand conspiracy from the NFL.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 04:02 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Is there video evidence of this?

I don't know, I was just echoing what was said here prior. Regardless, that was an offensive foul called on the defense.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 07:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: In regulation?

Yes. Vikings didn't score in OT. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 04:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote:  I don't know, I was just echoing what was said here prior. Regardless, that was an offensive foul called on the defense.

It was probably me echoing off what I read somewhere on a twitter post somewhere. I think the accusation was that there was a reach for the flag prior to contact being made but the flag was thrown during/after the hit.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 06:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yes. Vikings didn't score in OT. 

My bad.  I thought they did.  
Reply/Quote
If the league is rigged, then the mob or NFL has been sticking it to the Bengals for a long, long, long time.
Reply/Quote
Jets were getting 11 points. They did not need this call to cover.
Reply/Quote