BURROW
PERINE
HIGGINS
PRATT
HENDRICKSON
TAYLOR-BRITT
OTHER
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers Game Game Ball
I went with Perine he stepped up big in the passing game, IMO over and beyond which was key for this offense. The others did have a nice game, but for me the secondary is still a concern for me.

Offense- looked decent all night to me. the line stepped up big, Volson is obviously a concern against elite talent. I would personally find a way for Irwin to stay on the 53 over mike thomas.

Defense- again front 7 looks good with Reader back, secondary needs to start making more plays generating turnovers. CTB played the run solid, but seems lost in pass coverage.

ST's- A solid effort for a change!! on a windy day they performed admirably. Mac is back!!! and I would continue to roll with Drue!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2022, 10:35 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Is Joe supposed to block defensive linemen and get their hands down before he throws?

When you have THAT many passes blocked down by a D Line (this game, last Steelers game, Steelers games last year) it seems to be more of a Burrow problem and possibly something they're reading from him. He doesn't seem to have the issue with passes repeatedly being knocked down vs any other team with the consistency the Steelers do. Which leads me to think it's something he's doing, so I give some fault to him. 

None of the batted balls were due to poor Oline play. 
Reply/Quote
CTB needs to improve in coverage for sure, but I was far more annoyed with the miscommunication by the vets like Bates and Eli resulting in a big TD. I didn’t think anyone in the secondary played particularly well today.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2022, 11:54 PM)TheFan Wrote: When you have THAT many passes blocked down by a D Line (this game, last Steelers game, Steelers games last year) it seems to be more of a Burrow problem and possibly something they're reading from him. He doesn't seem to have the issue with passes repeatedly being knocked down vs any other team with the consistency the Steelers do. Which leads me to think it's something he's doing, so I give some fault to him. 

None of the batted balls were due to poor Oline play. 

If it’s only happening against the team with the reigning defensive player of the year maybe he’s the common denominator? Just a thought.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2022, 11:49 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: I went with Perine he stepped up big in the passing game, IMO over and beyond which was key for this offense. The others did have a nice game, but for me the secondary is still a concern for me.

Offense- looked decent all night to me. the line stepped up big, Volson is obviously a concern against elite talent. I would personally find a way for Irwin to stay on the 53 over mike thomas.

Defense- again front 7 looks good with Reader back, secondary needs to start making more plays generating turnovers. CTB played the run solid, but seems lost in pass coverage.

ST's- A solid effort for a change!! on a windy day they performed admirably. Mac is back!!! and I would continue to roll with Drue!!!

Chrisman and McPherson both played well but our coverage teams were pretty awful the first half. Both seemed to do better the 2nd half. 
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2022, 11:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If it’s only happening against the team with the reigning defensive player of the year maybe he’s the common denominator? Just a thought.

I don't disagree. Confused how that makes it not a negative of Burrows game though. The only person who could have done anything differently on those plays was Burrow and he thew 2 INTs. Burrow has 7 TDs in his last 4 games against Pitt. What, at least 4 of them of the DLine tip/pick variety? Not going to give him a pass for it with that big of a sample size. 
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2022, 10:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You may be combining your Trents

LOL.  Least I didn't call him Trent Richardson.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 12:02 AM)TheFan Wrote: I don't disagree. Confused how that makes it not a negative of Burrows game though. The only person who could have done anything differently on those plays was Burrow and he thew 2 INTs. Burrow has 7 TDs in his last 4 games against Pitt. What, at least 4 of them of the DLine tip/pick variety? Not going to give him a pass for it with that big of a sample size. 

JB's 2 INTs today are on JB. I hope he sees them that way and not the way some here see them. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2022, 10:32 PM)TheFan Wrote: I disagree but neither of them were terrible INTs. But had two of them none the less and I thought Perine made all 3 of his TDs vs it being random flukes where he got left wide open. 

Would that be considered great play-calling by ZT?
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 12:12 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Would that be considered great play-calling by ZT?

And good execution and blocking. Volson deserves a lot of the credit for the 1st TD.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 12:12 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Would that be considered great play-calling by ZT?

Yea, I thought the play calling was pretty solid overall, minus a spell where we had 15 out of 16 plays being passes. Other than that period I thought it was a well called game. 
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2022, 11:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, hard for me to fault Burrow on either one of those picks. Neither was a case of a bad read or an inaccurate throw. The Watt one in particular was just a ridiculous play by an All World player.

It is pretty annoying that an Edge rusher has better hands than any of our CB’s though. Eli had another one today go right through his hands.

Even JPP seems to have better hands than our guys Tongue
Reply/Quote
It was a great day overall....browns lose, steelers lose(although I missed the entire second half to go see the cavaliers beat up on the miami heat) and george pickens got ejected for playing the steeler way
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 12:31 AM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: It was a great day overall....browns lose, steelers lose(although I missed the entire second half to go see the cavaliers beat up on the miami heat) and george pickens got ejected for playing the steeler way

Could have used a Ravens loss, but that was never happening against the Panthers.

Reply/Quote
Perine with a second place vote for Higgins.

Hard for me to vote for Burrow with 2 Turnovers, or anyone on the defense when they let the Steelers score 30 (they haven't scored more than 20 against anyone not named The Bengals this year).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2022, 10:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, there's a reason he had 9 solo tackles and 0 PDs

I could be wrong as I wasn’t able to watch the game too intently as we had an early family thanksgiving….but it didn’t look like he gave up much. Or at least not anything deep. It looked like they went after Apple much more. A lot of his tackles were him coming off his man to help.
He did have a missed tackle trying to strip Friemuth. Can’t do that when you’re the first man there.
They must really trust him though cause he plays almost every snap it seems. That’s a good sign
Reply/Quote
Zac gave out a lot of game balls. They went to:

Sam
Trey
Burrow
Tee
Perine
Irwin
Morgan

Perine seemed to get the biggest cheer from the team FWIW.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 01:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Zac gave out a lot of game balls. They went to:

Sam
Trey
Burrow
Tee
Perine
Irwin
Morgan

Perine seemed to get the biggest cheer from the team FWIW.

Great to see guys like Samaje, Stanley and Trenton getting game balls.

Also, Zac now now 4-1 in his last 5 vs the Squealers. 
Reply/Quote
Mike Hilton was Mic’d up for this game btw. Should be a good one.

Reply/Quote
Toughest week for me to make a decision so far. Went with Perine after seriously considering Pratt, Higgins and Burrow.

And both INTs on Burrow. There are throwing lanes along the line and there are non-throwing lanes. Multiple times today, Joe made the wrong decision and he'd probably be the first to say it. He made several great escapes and didn't have any bad throws but he'd definitely take a few back.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote