BURROW
PERINE
HIGGINS
PRATT
HENDRICKSON
TAYLOR-BRITT
OTHER
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers Game Game Ball
(11-22-2022, 01:11 PM)Roland Wrote: Effort.  Perine showed tremendous desire and effort to deliver touchdowns on those plays.  In too many games those plays have come up short and left us kicking field goals.  

I don't put too much stock in the run game numbers in that game.  The Steelers were stacking the line of scrimmage and it was going to be rough sledding in there.  Perine produced enough positive run plays to keep the down and distances manageable.  Making those catches in the flat was exactly what we needed to do to counter that.

Yeah, it would be easy to give Burrow the game ball nearly every week.  He's the one dealing it and he's playing at an elite level. But I think you have to recognize the breakout performances by role players when they happen.

I do think the Perine touchdowns were well blocked specifically the 1st one. But I agree he did bring the effort and finished those plays. On one of them he had a nice stiff arm to break a tackle and on what I think was the last one he even moved the ball to his inside hand with a tackler on his back to leave no doubt of a touchdown. Perine has shown during his time here to have big play potential and a game where Mixon leaves we had to have it and he delivered.
Reply/Quote