BURROW
PERINE
HIGGINS
PRATT
HENDRICKSON
TAYLOR-BRITT
OTHER
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers Game Game Ball
I gotta go with Joey Franchise....but Perine and Higgins mad crucial plays when needed in the passing game. 

All of these answers besides CTB could be correct though.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2022, 11:49 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: I went with Perine he stepped up big in the passing game, IMO over and beyond which was key for this offense. The others did have a nice game, but for me the secondary is still a concern for me.

Offense- looked decent all night to me. the line stepped up big, Volson is obviously a concern against elite talent. I would personally find a way for Irwin to stay on the 53 over mike thomas.

Defense- again front 7 looks good with Reader back, secondary needs to start making more plays generating turnovers. CTB played the run solid, but seems lost in pass coverage.

ST's- A solid effort for a change!! on a windy day they performed admirably. Mac is back!!! and I would continue to roll with Drue!!!

Me too

Reply/Quote
FWIW

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 11:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Great selections, Bfine, as usual. 

I have to go with Perine, as tough as Burrow was after getting knocked around in the middle of the game.  Higgins was huge and that was the quietest 150 yard performance ever because it was all average distance targets.  He accumulated that kind of yardage by being consistent, reliable receiver.  And did the Bengals ever need it.  The entire defense played really well and seems to be adapting to a zone scheme pretty well. 

One complaint would be that the defensive line coach needs to teach guys to keep their eyes on QB in short down and distances and time a jump to batt or tip more passes.  They often lead to INTs and they rarely lead to completions. 

I wish to formally apologize to Perine for ever suggesting he should lose playing time to Chris Evans.  He had 3 TD receptions on just 4 targets.  So, I motion that the game plan for Tennessee should be to to target Perine 20 times, which will obviously lead to 15 TDs.  Wish we had learned this earlier.

In all seriousness, Burrow is becoming Prime Brady lethal because he has learned how to take what is given and is now using his RBs, TEs, and WRs.  Defenses simply can't take it all away and he will take what is given.  I also LOVED the play where he was scrambling and rather than take a hit, he flings it out wide to Mixon, who turned it in to a 9 yard gain.  

I sure wish we had Chico, but this team is starting to gel and look out when Chase returns.  

When you consider Perine's pass pro, and how well we saw him play in the passing game yesterday (and the AFCCG), I think A LOT of guys owe him an apology, lol.

Reply/Quote
Honorable mention it was nice having Reader back he makes everyone on defense job easier with him on the field.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 02:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I wonder if the NFL fines players for language on the Mic'd up games. Hendrickson seemed to be a little irritated at Hill for not letting him know he was wearing a hot mike.

That would be a little unfair, if you ask me. 

Probably more a personal thing where some players may not want to be on a hot mic cussing like a sailor. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Have to go with Perine, he doesn't get a game ball very often. Burrow overall along with the OL were pretty clutch.

Pretty clutch. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 03:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That would be a little unfair, if you ask me.
Probably more a personal thing where some players may not want to be on a hot mic cussing like a sailor.

Watching the YouTube game highlights, I'm pretty sure I heard a player Say to perine, " that's 3 of them b*tches" I imagine hearing the every snap talk would be pretty language ridden.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 02:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I wonder if the NFL fines players for language on the Mic'd up games. Hendrickson seemed to be a little irritated at Hill for not letting him know he was wearing a hot mike.

probably not...they wouldn't get anyone to wear the wire if they did that.

CBS's sideline boom picked up this JoeyB moment which as you can see was proudly tweeted out by the team

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 06:12 PM)pally Wrote: probably not...they wouldn't get anyone to wear the wire if they did that.

CBS's sideline boom picked up this JoeyB moment which as you can see was proudly tweeted out by the team

I love the way Joe Burrow embraces everything we love about football in Ohio, right down the the weather.  It's November.  Time for big boy football. LETS ****** GO!
Reply/Quote
Cook, Anderson, Esiason and Burrow. the Top 4 Big Dogs. Burrow may surpass them all.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 10:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Cook, Anderson, Esiason and Burrow. the Top 4 Big Dogs. Burrow may surpass them all.

I think Burrow is already well past Cook. I understand how insanely talented he was and all of the praise that was heaped on him but he played a grand total of 12 games and threw 200 passes before retiring permanently.

I do agree that by the end of it, Burrow is going to clearly be the greatest QB this franchise has ever seen.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 10:20 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think Burrow is already well past Cook. I understand how insanely talented he was and all of the praise that was heaped on him but he played a grand total of 12 games and threw 200 passes before retiring permanently.

I do agree that by the end of it, Burrow is going to clearly be the greatest QB this franchise has ever seen.

Burrow is easily well past Cook since his career did not have longevity. I also understand people respecting Cook's talent, but if that is the lens we use to judge Bengals greats then John Ross was also one hell of a WR since he had speed.  Hilarious

Anyhow, Cook ranks 15th in passing yards, 11th in TD passes, and had a 53.5 completion %. The numbers are not impressive.
Reply/Quote
Hard to understand how Perine dominated this poll so strongly. Perine's running game is nothing to write home about: he gained only 30 yards on 11 rushes, just 2.7 yards per carry. He caught only 4 passes for 52 yards. Yes, 3 TD, but on passes from Burrow and only 82 yards total for the day. Burrow had 4 TD passes and 355 yards. I would think the poll would at least be close between the two, if not Burrow ahead.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 10:17 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: For sure the one KO return I think? was bad, really bad! I was like well that's coming back.....crickets......

It's amazing but every Squeelers game we have to beat two squads wearing black.

Anyhoo I went JB but Perine was deserving as well.

Yep have to know going in that we have to beat the refs along with the cheap shot artists. 

Pathetic the league allows this with so much documented history. 

Yet at least Bengals escaped without them injuring anybody long term, except Mixon who should be back.

Really don't recall the play Mixon was concussed on to know whether the steelers or the ground caused it. 

Yet suspect a cheap shot 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 11:39 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep have to know going in that we have to beat the refs along with the cheap shot artists. 

Pathetic the league allows this with so much documented history. 

Yet at least Bengals escaped without them injuring anybody long term, except Mixon who should be back.

Really don't recall the play Mixon was concussed on to know whether the steelers or the ground caused it. 

Yet suspect a cheap shot 

Yep ThumbsUp

I try really hard not to blame refs for losing games. We didn't lose anyways Dancing There's always going to be bad calls/no calls in games. But with the Steelers it just goes to another level. And the Steelers almost always come out smelling like a rose on that subject.

The late spearing head first hit on Burrow early in the game would get called the vast majority of the time with any other teams. The ticky tack PI called on was it Apple ? not long after the JB no call LOL. If that was PI you'd have to call PI on every play.

The blatant block in the back no call on the Steelers big I believe KO return (right out in the open) just blew my mind. And then the cheapest of cheap shots on the failed onside kick at the end. Hope that dude gets a big fine and suspension.

I hate em Pitt Sux
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 10:47 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Burrow is easily well past Cook since his career did not have longevity. I also understand people respecting Cook's talent, but if that is the lens we use to judge Bengals greats then John Ross was also one hell of a WR since he had speed.  Hilarious

Anyhow, Cook ranks 15th in passing yards, 11th in TD passes, and had a 53.5 completion %. The numbers are not impressive.

Yes, we all know Cook did not last long. But if you saw him play when he was here, then you would understand why he ranks as one of the best to play QB for the Bengals. And, he did it with a torn rotator cuff.  And John Ross was definitely not one hell of a receiver, you have to catch the ball to be a great receiver. John Ross couldn't catch a cold. All he was was a track star.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 11:19 AM)Nepa Wrote: Hard to understand how Perine dominated this poll so strongly. Perine's running game is nothing to write home about: he gained only 30 yards on 11 rushes, just 2.7 yards per carry. He caught only 4 passes for 52 yards. Yes, 3 TD, but on passes from Burrow and only 82 yards total for the day.  Burrow had 4 TD passes and 355 yards. I would think the poll would at least be close between the two, if not Burrow ahead.

Effort.  Perine showed tremendous desire and effort to deliver touchdowns on those plays.  In too many games those plays have come up short and left us kicking field goals.  

I don't put too much stock in the run game numbers in that game.  The Steelers were stacking the line of scrimmage and it was going to be rough sledding in there.  Perine produced enough positive run plays to keep the down and distances manageable.  Making those catches in the flat was exactly what we needed to do to counter that.

Yeah, it would be easy to give Burrow the game ball nearly every week.  He's the one dealing it and he's playing at an elite level. But I think you have to recognize the breakout performances by role players when they happen.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 11:19 AM)Nepa Wrote: Hard to understand how Perine dominated this poll so strongly. Perine's running game is nothing to write home about: he gained only 30 yards on 11 rushes, just 2.7 yards per carry. He caught only 4 passes for 52 yards. Yes, 3 TD, but on passes from Burrow and only 82 yards total for the day.  Burrow had 4 TD passes and 355 yards. I would think the poll would at least be close between the two, if not Burrow ahead.

Awareness, effort, ability to come in and make the big plays.  He really made those plays when it was needed, which was huge.  I still think the offensive success was due to Burrow playing Joe Cool, but Perine did an admirable job stepping up where needed.  Frankly, the whole team did.  It was great to watch.  I out for a beer and finally got the guy behind the bar to switch off the awful Vikings/Boys game for the Bengals and had the bar staff cheering with me.  Fun game to watch, and great energy out of the bye! 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 01:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, we all know Cook did not last long. But if you saw him play when he was here, then you would understand why he ranks as one of the best to play QB for the Bengals.

Yes, as I mentioned he was a great talent. It's all about the framework or lens for how we rank the ever-subjective best list. 
Reply/Quote