BURROW
PERINE
HIGGINS
PRATT
HENDRICKSON
TAYLOR-BRITT
OTHER
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers Game Game Ball
(11-21-2022, 01:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mike Hilton was Mic’d up for this game btw. Should be a good one.

Lemme just tell ya. NFL is missing out on a revenue stream. I'd pay to be able to see the unfiltered long versions of Mic'd up for Bengals games. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2022, 11:57 PM)TheFan Wrote: Chrisman and McPherson both played well but our coverage teams were pretty awful the first half. Both seemed to do better the 2nd half. 

The coverage teams were fine.

I saw *3* block in backs (2 on Johnston) on those big returns, where the guy keeping contain or the guy about to make the tackle, was blocked out.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Burrow is just fearless.The more the game is on the line,the more competitive he becomes.Had to vote Burrow,but this was a good team effort.Now,let’s go on a run to the SB!
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2022, 10:03 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Is there any chance he's back or is he done?

He tore his ACL. He is out 6 months or more. Had surgery. Done. 

Hopefully he can be ready to go NEXT year. 
Reply/Quote
After much deliberation, I gave it to Samaje. I said it in the game day thread that he was trying to win one. And for the back up to be the first Bengal RB to have 3 receiving TD in a game, that makes his play game ball deserving.

I would give an honorary one to Trent Irwin for coming off the practice squad yesterday and getting his first career TD today.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 12:47 AM)CottonHill Wrote: I could be wrong as I wasn’t able to watch the game too intently as we had an early family thanksgiving….but it didn’t look like he gave up much. Or at least not anything deep. It looked like they went after Apple much more. A lot of his tackles were him coming off his man to help.
He did have a missed tackle trying to strip Friemuth. Can’t do that when you’re the first man there.
They must really trust him though cause he plays almost every snap it seems. That’s a good sign

As a big CTB supporter, I'd say its more indicative on the fact Chido is out for the year than CTB wholeheartedly earning the trust.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 02:00 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The coverage teams were fine.

I saw *3* block in backs (2 on Johnston) on those big returns, where the guy keeping contain or the guy about to make the tackle, was blocked out.

For sure the one KO return I think? was bad, really bad! I was like well that's coming back.....crickets......

It's amazing but every Squeelers game we have to beat two squads wearing black.

Anyhoo I went JB but Perine was deserving as well.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2022, 10:03 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Is there any chance he's back or is he done?

He's not coming back this year. Just had surgery this past week. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 02:00 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The coverage teams were fine.

Very true
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2022, 09:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ALWAYS a great day when the boys beat the Black and Gold and we had some good performances, but only 1 can get the coveted Steelers Game Game Ball. So who you got:

JOE BURROW: 355 yards, 4 TDs, 104.1 Passer Rating

SAMAJIE PERINE: 82 total yards, 3 TDs

TEE HIGGINS: 9 catches, 148 yards

GERMAINE PRATT: 8 Tackles many of which were at or behind the LOS

TREY HENDRICKSON: 5 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 PD

CAM TAYLOR BRITT: Team high 12 tackles

Great selections, Bfine, as usual. 

I have to go with Perine, as tough as Burrow was after getting knocked around in the middle of the game.  Higgins was huge and that was the quietest 150 yard performance ever because it was all average distance targets.  He accumulated that kind of yardage by being consistent, reliable receiver.  And did the Bengals ever need it.  The entire defense played really well and seems to be adapting to a zone scheme pretty well. 

One complaint would be that the defensive line coach needs to teach guys to keep their eyes on QB in short down and distances and time a jump to batt or tip more passes.  They often lead to INTs and they rarely lead to completions. 

I wish to formally apologize to Perine for ever suggesting he should lose playing time to Chris Evans.  He had 3 TD receptions on just 4 targets.  So, I motion that the game plan for Tennessee should be to to target Perine 20 times, which will obviously lead to 15 TDs.  Wish we had learned this earlier.

In all seriousness, Burrow is becoming Prime Brady lethal because he has learned how to take what is given and is now using his RBs, TEs, and WRs.  Defenses simply can't take it all away and he will take what is given.  I also LOVED the play where he was scrambling and rather than take a hit, he flings it out wide to Mixon, who turned it in to a 9 yard gain.  

I sure wish we had Chico, but this team is starting to gel and look out when Chase returns.  
Reply/Quote
Obviously, I went with Samaje Perine. Any time that a backup can come in and lead the charge with 3 scores, he deserves the credit.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 12:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Could have used a Ravens loss, but that was never happening against the Panthers.

Still, the Ravens only managed to put up 13 against the Panthers. That is pretty pitiful.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 11:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Great selections, Bfine, as usual. 

I have to go with Perine, as tough as Burrow was after getting knocked around in the middle of the game.  Higgins was huge and that was the quietest 150 yard performance ever because it was all average distance targets.  He accumulated that kind of yardage by being consistent, reliable receiver.  And did the Bengals ever need it.  The entire defense played really well and seems to be adapting to a zone scheme pretty well. 

One complaint would be that the defensive line coach needs to teach guys to keep their eyes on QB in short down and distances and time a jump to batt or tip more passes.  They often lead to INTs and they rarely lead to completions. 

I wish to formally apologize to Perine for ever suggesting he should lose playing time to Chris Evans.  He had 3 TD receptions on just 4 targets.  So, I motion that the game plan for Tennessee should be to to target Perine 20 times, which will obviously lead to 15 TDs.  Wish we had learned this earlier.

In all seriousness, Burrow is becoming Prime Brady lethal because he has learned how to take what is given and is now using his RBs, TEs, and WRs.  Defenses simply can't take it all away and he will take what is given.  I also LOVED the play where he was scrambling and rather than take a hit, he flings it out wide to Mixon, who turned it in to a 9 yard gain.  

I sure wish we had Chico, but this team is starting to gel and look out when Chase returns.  

Yeah, and Chido too.... Who Dey Wink
Reply/Quote
A backup RB scoring 3 TDs gets the game ball. Burrow would want him getting the game ball.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 12:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, and Chido too.... Who Dey Wink

Sadly, he won't be returning this season.  He's out for the year.  
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 03:33 AM)pally Wrote: After much deliberation, I gave it to Samaje.  I said it in the game day thread that he was trying to win one.  And for the back up to be the first Bengal RB to have 3 receiving TD in a game, that makes his play game ball deserving.

I would give an honorary one to Trent Irwin for coming off the practice squad yesterday and getting his first career TD today.

Yup. I originally voted Burrow but changed it and went Perine. First to do something (3 rec tds) and the effort he put into getting in the EZ puts him over the top for me. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Tee Higgins should get some kinda mention 9 catches 149 yards! His longest was only 33 yards so it was just Higgins routinely getting open. Tee has stepped up the last couple games.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 01:22 PM)Synric Wrote: Tee Higgins should get some kinda mention 9 catches 149 yards! His longest was only 33 yards so it was just Higgins routinely getting open. Tee has stepped up the last couple games.

Even the ones he wasn’t open on he made look easy yesterday. Kid has some seriously strong hands.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 01:22 PM)Synric Wrote: Tee Higgins should get some kinda mention 9 catches 149 yards! His longest was only 33 yards so it was just Higgins routinely getting open. Tee has stepped up the last couple games.

Most definitely. Toughed it out after taking a spill also. 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 01:40 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Lemme just tell ya. NFL is missing out on a revenue stream. I'd pay to be able to see the unfiltered long versions of Mic'd up for Bengals games. 

I wonder if the NFL fines players for language on the Mic'd up games. Hendrickson seemed to be a little irritated at Hill for not letting him know he was wearing a hot mike.
Reply/Quote