Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Steelers angry with Burfict over Bell injury
From the sounds of this particular comment,  it seems Burfict had better watch out during the week 14 match-up with the Steelers in Cincinnati.

http://cin.247sports.com/Bolt/Steelers-angry-at-Bengals-celebration-of-LeVeon-Bells-injury-40731326

"The Steelers were angry following Sunday's loss to the Bengals.

Specifically, several members of Pittsburgh's team was angry with the way one member of the Cincinnati's defense reacted following Le'Veon Bell's injury in the second quarter.

After being apart of the tackle that injured Bell's knee following his catch from Ben Roethlisberger, Vontaze Burfict apparently celebrated in a way that irked several Steelers, including Pittsburgh linemen Ramon Foster.

"He's that type of guy," Foster said of Burfict, the Bengals' inside linebacker. "You don't run across the field hyped, celebrating, jumping up and down the field when a guy goes down like that.

"He's that type of guy, period. If you're on the field with him, you know what I mean by that. They'll play it off, he'll act dumb about it. That type of guy gets his sooner or later, so wait and see, I guess."

While Burfict's celebrated wasn't captured on TV, it was apparently enough to draw the ire of the Steelers who, along with losing Bell, also lost the game to drop to 4-4 on the season. Pittsburgh also fell further behind Cincinnati in what is turning into a runaway for the AFC North title for the Bengals, who are now 7-0 and 2-0 in the division.

In 2006, Sports Illustrated called the Steelers-Bengals rivalry "the nastiest in the NFL". With one more game to go, a Week 14 showdown in Cincinnati, the rivalry between these cross state opponents could be back in a big way."

Reply/Quote
I didn't see him celebrating, and I'm not so sure that he knew the extent of the injury on that play. If he did know though, and celebrated it, it's a scumbag move.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
OK Steelers, you lost. There are more sore Steelers fans and players than good Steelers fans IMO. Cocky sons of bitches.

Steelers are effing dirty, knocking Huber out like that was a major blow, probowl punter has a major affect in the playoffs. Burfict knows how to put his weight into a tackle, he's the leading tackler in the league. They're 4-4. They're nobody.

Am I mistaken or did I hear deafening cheers when Marvin Jones got leveled down the middle? 

Clean football play results in injury. I don't think Huber or Palmer's play were clean, stupid short memory'd mofos. Come week 14, Bengals will be playing to keep the Steelers out of the playoffs - and they'll do just that. There's always next year when Ben has a chance to get injured again, hobble back to try and get the sympathy of the crowd. 

This is why you want a healthy team to play against another healthy team so they don't have excuses, either way it's a win. I saw the Bengals going 14-2 at least, I think 15-1 now (minimum).

On a side note, if you're going to dress like a bumble bee, you really don't stand a chance against a Bengal Tiger.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I don't think Burfict even knew Bell was hurt. And when they took out Kevin Huber they were laughing and gloating, saying "you're done."
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:18 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: OK Steelers, you lost. There are more sore Steelers fans and players than good Steelers fans IMO. Cocky sons of bitches.

Steelers are effing dirty, knocking Huber out like that was a major blow, probowl punter has a major affect in the playoffs. Burfict knows how to put his weight into a tackle, he's the leading tackler in the league. They're 4-4. They're nobody.
Don't forget Rivers, Palmer among those too.  At least Burfict's tackle was legit.
Reply/Quote
Sore losers plain and simple. Show us where it happened or shut up.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
At the same time, that is Vontaze, it's how he is on the field, and I never saw him celebrating.

I also bet he wouldn't whine if a Steeler knocked him into next week. It's part of the game.
Reply/Quote
It was a clean hit. Quit your crying.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:21 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I don't think Burfict even knew Bell was hurt.  And when they took out Kevin Huber they were laughing and gloating, saying "you're done."

Exactly. With their past history, they have absolutely no right to ***** and moan about anything.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:18 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I didn't see him celebrating, and I'm not so sure that he knew the extent of the injury on that play.  If he did know though, and celebrated it, it's a scumbag move.

He has, in his defense, already been quoted as saying he had no idea Bell was injured, he was celebrating the stop with his teammates and that it was a clean tackle.
 Nobody will ever know for sure if he realized Bell was injured or not. I think one thing everyone can agree on though,  is that it was most definitely not a dirty tackle. 
If all he is saying is true, then the Steelers really need to get rid of the sour grapes and quit whining. 

Reply/Quote
Ramon Foster holds Geno like 15 times everytime we play them. 1 or 2 get called
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:13 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: From the sounds of this particular comment,  it seems Burfict had better watch out during the week 14 match-up with the Steelers in Cincinnati.

http://cin.247sports.com/Bolt/Steelers-angry-at-Bengals-celebration-of-LeVeon-Bells-injury-40731326

"The Steelers were angry following Sunday's loss to the Bengals.

Specifically, several members of Pittsburgh's team was angry with the way one member of the Cincinnati's defense reacted following Le'Veon Bell's injury in the second quarter.

After being apart of the tackle that injured Bell's knee following his catch from Ben Roethlisberger, Vontaze Burfict apparently celebrated in a way that irked several Steelers, including Pittsburgh linemen Ramon Foster.

"He's that type of guy," Foster said of Burfict, the Bengals' inside linebacker. "You don't run across the field hyped, celebrating, jumping up and down the field when a guy goes down like that.

"He's that type of guy, period. If you're on the field with him, you know what I mean by that. They'll play it off, he'll act dumb about it. That type of guy gets his sooner or later, so wait and see, I guess."

While Burfict's celebrated wasn't captured on TV, it was apparently enough to draw the ire of the Steelers who, along with losing Bell, also lost the game to drop to 4-4 on the season. Pittsburgh also fell further behind Cincinnati in what is turning into a runaway for the AFC North title for the Bengals, who are now 7-0 and 2-0 in the division.

In 2006, Sports Illustrated called the Steelers-Bengals rivalry "the nastiest in the NFL". With one more game to go, a Week 14 showdown in Cincinnati, the rivalry between these cross state opponents could be back in a big way."

Who cares?

We are also upset they concussed Green a year ago, then Mitchell hit a defenseless Jones today only to go to Green to say you are next as Jones is down.

Huber
Rivers
Palmer

Sorry, Hines Ward celebrated when he took Rivers out and that is the Steeler's history. Now they know we will give it back.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
eff the crybaby steelers
Reply/Quote
It was truly great to win with Fouts as the announcer. The disappointment in the announcers voices as the game came to an end was the cherry on top.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It just shows how stupid they all are, imho.

Burfict didn't hit him dirty...Bell firmly planted his feet in the ground and didn't move his hips at all when he got hit.

Had he just went with the momentum his body had, he would've been fine.

This 100% IS NOT Burfict's fault and for anyone to think otherwise, they're a moron and a half.

It's physics... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:18 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I didn't see him celebrating, and I'm not so sure that he knew the extent of the injury on that play.  If he did know though, and celebrated it, it's a scumbag move.

He got up and ran like a bat out of Hell, so I kind of doubt he knew about Bell's injury (at that very moment anyway). No doubt about Burfict's intensity and times of gamesmanship, but I'm going to reserve judging him on anything beyond that for today's game.

Steelers do seem to claim everything they do is clean, and all the other teams are the dirty players. We know better.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Apparently, the Steelers are the type of people that can't take what they dish. They are the type, you know what I'm talking about, that will gloat and laugh when they hurt an opposing teams player, like Palmer, Huber, Green and Rivers but when they get punched in the mouth, they like to whine and cry like the little girly men they are.

Screw them and the horse they rode in on the little girls men.

What a bunch of punks they are. It makes you want to slap them upside the head. Disgusting.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Who cares?

We are also upset they concussed Green a year ago, then Mitchell hit a defenseless Jones today only to go to Green to say you are next as Jones is down.

Huber
Rivers
Palmer

Sorry, Hines Ward celebrated when he took Rivers out and that is the Steeler's history. Now they know we will give it back.

Is there a link to this?  I haven't heard and would like the link
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:33 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It was truly great to win with Fouts as the announcer. The disappointment in the announcers voices as the game came to an end was the cherry on top.

I loved it win Dalton throws a perfect back shoulder 3rd down throw to Eifert early in the game, Eifert drops it, but he says Dalton made a bad pass only to correct himself immediately once he saw the replay which was obvious.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:24 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: He has, in his defense, already been quoted as saying he had no idea Bell was injured, he was celebrating the stop with his teammates and that it was a clean tackle.
 Nobody will ever know for sure if he realized Bell was injured or not. I think one thing everyone can agree on though,  is that it was most definitely not a dirty tackle. 
If all he is saying is true, then the Steelers really need to get rid of the sour grapes and quit whining. 
I don't believe for a second he knew he was hurt...Plus, we didn't see the "celebration" and had there been any sort of flair, they would have thrown a penalty his way.

Jesus, that team of meat heads is delusional at best...look at the crap they've pulled and the injuries they've doled out.

If they want to blame anyone, blame Karma. 
Reply/Quote