Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Steelers game is very winnable
(11-10-2020, 02:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He is the type of player that can beat the premier rush of the Steelers.. he is probably the most elusive QB in the game and more accurate thrower than Jackson , that combo is what has a better chance to beat Steelers rush.. Burrow can move around no doubt but not as elusive and not as accurate on the run as Murray ... nothing against Burrow but Murray behind our line has a better chance for sure. 

Murray is also not a rookie.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 09:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I mean, we already know how this broadcast will go....

Ben Walking Up To The Line:
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5358870]

Announcers:
"He's such a warrior, he's just so tough gutting it out there on the field for his team."

Ben Going To Celebrate After Throwing A TD:
[Image: Forrest-Gump-Running.gif]

Ben Limping To The Sideline After The TD:

Announcers:
"Look at how much pain he is in walking to the sideline. Toughest guy in the NFL being able to still play while in that much pain."

- - - - - - - - - - - -

We've seen this song and dance for well over a decade now. It's predictable as hell.

Hilarious 

Epic post and so true....
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 09:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I mean, we already know how this broadcast will go....

Announcers:
"He's such a warrior, he's just so tough gutting it out there on the field for his team."

Announcers:
"Look at how much pain he is in walking to the sideline. Toughest guy in the NFL being able to still play while in that much pain."

- - - - - - - - - - - -

We've seen this song and dance for well over a decade now. It's predictable as hell.

POST OF THE YEAR!   LOL
Reply/Quote

Announcers:

Announcers:

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Exactly. Brian Billick hit on it several years ago, saying something like Ben is a drama queen. 

"So tough." Whatever. Seems hurt every other series and comes back. 
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 04:28 PM)Destro Wrote: Exactly. Brian Billick hit on it several years ago, saying something like Ben is a drama queen. 

"So tough." Whatever. Seems hurt every other series and comes back. 

In his defense just this 1 time , Ben did take one hell of a shot to the knee and head on the same play. I can't believe he came back in. Thought for sure his knee was done.. The same surgically repaired knee..
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 04:35 PM)Tony Wrote: In his defense just this 1 time , Ben did take one hell of a shot to the knee and head on the same play. I can't believe he came back in. Thought for sure his knee was done.. The same surgically repaired knee..

I suspect, in like 15 years, we will find out some was happening in the locker-room. 
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 03:35 PM)Earendil Wrote: Murray is also not a rookie.

Burrow is no Murray in playing style regardless of year.. so what is your point
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 12:17 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I'd love to hear how Kyle Murray, whoever he is, can beat the Steelers all by his self?

Well here, let me tell you, (although you may not understand).

Who's the quarterback

That's a sex machine to all the chicks?
(Kyler Murray)

You're damn right!

Who is the man
That would risk his neck for his brother, man?
(Kyler Murray)

Can ya dig it?

Who's the cat that won't cop out
When there's danger all about
(Kyler Murray)

Right on

You see this cat, Murray is a bad mother
(Shut your mouth)
But I'm talking about Murray
(Then we can dig it)

He's a complicated man
But no one understands him but his coach

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 07:27 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Andy Dalton was 3-13 vs. the Steelers.  He was terrible in most of the games he played against them.  We no longer have to deal with his shortcomings in those big games.

Without the roughing the passer penalty (terrible call IMO) against the Cowboys late, I think the Steelers lose that game.  They're not all that and can be defeated.

Joe Burrow is 0-0 vs the Steelers.  He's doesn't carry that baggage with him and I think he gives us a decent chance.  I expect to see them win this one.  Probably the biggest game of the year for this young team.  

I think they'll be ready.  

Good point, while Dalton (and Palmer) did very well against Baltimore, they always seemed to come up short against pitt.  We don't know what to expect out of Burrow in his first game against them, but if he is protected even remotely well, I think he will put up 24 points against them.  Can our much-maligned defense hold them to under that total?  Probably not.  I think it will come down to one INT on either side that will decide the game.  Hope it is Bell or Bates on Piggy. 
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 09:15 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Teams the Steelers have beaten this year:

Giants
Broncos
Texans
Eagles
Browns
Titans
Ravens
Cowboys

A lot of mediocre teams on their undefeated run. Not saying we will win, but their most impressive wins were Ravens and Titans who we beat.

I’m interested to see how it goes. We need to pressure Ben and not let him sit around in the pocket like we let rivers do. Tough ask!

True, but it was their beat down of the Browns that gives me pause.  They destroyed them.  Sure, the Bengals put up 30 points on them as well, but holding them to 6?  That's insane.  All this lauding of the coaches at the Browns and all their weapons and they got 6 points?  

I still have a feeling they might win this game, even though there are clearly lots of reasons to think otherwise.  
Reply/Quote
The level of domination the Steelers had over the Bengals in the Marvin Lewis era DEFIES LOGIC. The Steelers were a better team than the Bengals most of the time, but not by that much.

(winning teams = teams that finished with winning record)

First of all most people don't realize that during the Marvin Era only 5 teams (Phi, Ind, Den, Pitt, NE) had more wins against winning teams than the Bengals 42, but look at the breakdown of the Bengals and Steelers wins.

Bengals had 38 wins against winning teams other than Steelers.
Steelers had 38 wins against winning teams other than Bengals.

Bengals had 4 wins against Steelers when they finished with a winning record.
Steelers had 19 wins against Bengals when they finished with a winning record.

ONE THIRD of all of the Steelers wins against winning teams (19 of 57) came against just ONE TEAM, the Bengals.  They were not that much better than us, but they absolutely owned us.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 01:00 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: True, but it was their beat down of the Browns that gives me pause.  They destroyed them.  Sure, the Bengals put up 30 points on them as well, but holding them to 6?  That's insane.  All this lauding of the coaches at the Browns and all their weapons and they got 6 points?  

I still have a feeling they might win this game, even though there are clearly lots of reasons to think otherwise.  

The Browns are pretenders, even if they manage to back into the playoffs they're not going anywhere.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 01:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The level of domination the Steelers had over the Bengals in the Marvin Lewis era DEFIES LOGIC. The Steelers were a better team than the Bengals most of the time, but not by that much.

(winning teams = teams that finished with winning record)

First of all most people don't realize that during the Marvin Era only 5 teams (Phi, Ind, Den, Pitt, NE) had more wins against winning teams than the Bengals 42, but look at the breakdown of the Bengals and Steelers wins.

Bengals had 38 wins against winning teams other than Steelers.
Steelers had 38 wins against winning teams other than Bengals.

Bengals had 4 wins against Steelers when they finished with a winning record.
Steelers had 19 wins against Bengals when they finished with a winning record.

ONE THIRD of all of the Steelers wins against winning teams (19 of 57) came against just ONE TEAM, the Bengals.  They were not that much better than us, but they absolutely owned us.

I've never understood the mental block this team has had against them for the last 18ish years.  Like you said, it defies logic.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 01:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The Browns are pretenders, even if they manage to back into the playoffs they're not going anywhere.

Just heightens the need for our defense to get it together quick.  I know they have been decimated by injuries, but I am hoping with the bye and maybe some more self scouting that we see a more aggressive scheme against Piggy.  Make bacon out of him! Don't sit back and let him have all day.  Sure didn't work against Rivers.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 10:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Well here, let me tell you, (although you may not understand).

Who's the quarterback

That's a sex machine to all the chicks?
(Kyler Murray)

You're damn right!

Who is the man
That would risk his neck for his brother, man?
(Kyler Murray)

Can ya dig it?

Who's the cat that won't cop out
When there's danger all about
(Kyler Murray)

Right on

You see this cat, Murray is a bad mother
(Shut your mouth)
But I'm talking about Murray
(Then we can dig it)

He's a complicated man
But no one understands him but his coach

I dig it lol
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 02:03 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: The other thing I learned from watching the game today is the refs will help the Steelers win every chance they get. Miss a field goal? No prob, you false started and get to kick it again. Steelers player is facemasking a Dallas player? Call the Dallas player for unsportman like conduct when he flails around trying to get it to stop. Dallas is driving and gets a completion for a big play? Call Dallas for an illegal formation because a tackle was too far off the line even though every other team would get a warning first.

Don't forget... Roethelisberger sack-fumble, returned by Dallas for a HUGE, MOMENTUM-SHIFTING play, potentially putting the game out of reach?  Call Dallas for a ticky-tack "illegal contact" (get out of jail free!) 
Reply/Quote
Like I said before, we may be able to beat the Stoolers. However, we will not beat beat the referees/replay officials...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote