Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers players show Bengals players how you lose with grace
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2016/1/17/10784026/pittsburgh-steelers-take-to-social-media-to-thank-fans-for-a-tremendous-season

Quote:Pittsburgh Steelers take to social media to thank fans for a tremendous season

The Pittsburgh Steelers were close, really close, to beating the top-seeded Denver Broncos in the divisional round of the AFC Playoffs, but ultimately it wasn't enough as the Broncos and Peyton Manning bested the Steelers 23-16 in Sports Authority field in Mile High. It was a season full of adversity filled with suspensions, injuries and a revolving roster which almost ended in a trip to the AFC Championship game. Nonetheless, despite the loss some former and current players took to social media to thank fans for a special season.

(Editor's Note: This article will be updated through Monday.)

[Image: 101816a.jpg]
[Image: 011816b.jpg]
[Image: 011816c.jpg]

Note to rfaulk: There might be others/more. These are the ones in the article (minus the Bettis one). When you sober up we'll talk about it. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
This is part of the media conspiracy to make the steelers look good and the Bengals look bad. Pacman is not a thug, Burfict's 10 isolated incidents are overblown and throwing trash on the field is how any good fan defends their territory. The media is convincing everybody otherwise.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Also most Steelers fans are rooting for the Broncos to win next week even after they just beat the Steelers. I didn't see any Bengals fans rooting for the Steelers yesterday after they knocked the Bengals out. It's all about class. I wish the Broncos good luck next week. Knock Brady out.
Reply/Quote
Losing a fair fight is easier to swallow apparently.
Reply/Quote
That's a nice little circle jerk you guys have going here.

I'll leave you to it.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 10:39 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: That's a nice little circle jerk you guys have going here.

I'll leave you to it.

Says the guy who finally came down from JN complaining about the refs.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 10:38 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Losing a fair fight is easier to swallow apparently.

You keep saying that.  What is "fair"?  Or are you on the "officials were out to get the Bengals" conspiracy bandwagon?

(01-18-2016, 10:39 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: That's a nice little circle jerk you guys have going here.

I'll leave you to it.

Yes.  Giving credit to people for standing up and being good guys isn't something Bengals fans want to be part of.   Mellow
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 10:31 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Also most Steelers fans are rooting for the Broncos to win next week even after they just beat the Steelers. I didn't see any Bengals fans rooting for the Steelers yesterday after they knocked the Bengals out. It's all about class. I wish the Broncos good luck next week. Knock Brady out.

If the Bengals advanced, would the Steelers fans be rooting for the Bengals to beat the Patriots?
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 10:47 AM)GMDino Wrote: You keep saying that.  What is "fair"?  Or are you on the "officials were out to get the Bengals" conspiracy bandwagon?

Yes.  Giving credit to people for standing up and being good guys isn't something Bengals fans want to be part of.   Mellow

What is "fair"? That game was. It really explains itself. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 10:53 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If the Bengals advanced, would the Steelers fans be rooting for the Bengals to beat the Patriots?

All things being equal I would have.

The Burfict hit aside I'm for teams that never got there winning it all.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 10:53 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If the Bengals advanced, would the Steelers fans be rooting for the Bengals to beat the Patriots?

Well, duh because it's the Patriots. But even if it wasn't the Patriots most Steelers fans wanted the winner of last week's match up as the AFC Super Bowl representative.
Reply/Quote
The way they lost with grace after the first Bengals/steelers game this season?

I will say the steelers did better than I thought they would. But for all the praise the media was putting on wade phillips for being a defensive guru, he sure couldnt figure out that the steeler whole game plan was the short crossing route. And I think manning looked like poop again too. He threw so many bad passes. I would seriously consider Osweiler vs the pats.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 11:02 AM)Beaker Wrote: The way they lost with grace after the first Bengals/steelers game this season?

I will say the steelers did better than I thought they would. But for all the praise the media was putting on wade phillips for being a defensive guru, he sure couldnt figure out that the steeler whole game plan was the short crossing route. And I think manning looked like poop again too. He threw so many bad passes. I would seriously consider Osweiler vs the pats.

And a lot of the passes he did complete were dangerous throws. He's a liability. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 11:02 AM)Beaker Wrote: The way they lost with grace after the first Bengals/steelers game this season?

And?

The Steelers showed how you end the season with class.  The Bengals just showed how they care more about the Steelers than anything else.

Phillips was intent on not giving up the big play...and it worked. Holding the Steelers to FG vs TDs.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 11:06 AM)GMDino Wrote: The Bengals just showed how they care more about the Steelers than anything else.

Please. The steelers players were crying like little bitches all over social media after they lost the first meeting. Players being upset with a contentious loss is not limited to the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
This made me cry. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/18/steelers-struggle-and-loss-leaves-mike-tomlin-in-tears/
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 10:31 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Also most Steelers fans are rooting for the Broncos to win next week even after they just beat the Steelers. I didn't see any Bengals fans rooting for the Steelers yesterday after they knocked the Bengals out. It's all about class. I wish the Broncos good luck next week. Knock Brady out.

So if you don't root for the team that beat you, it's classless?  Do you have to root for them the whole way or just the next game?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 11:09 AM)Beaker Wrote: Please. The steelers players were crying like little bitches all over social media after they lost the first meeting. Players being upset with a contentious loss is not limited to the Bengals.

You mean the two tweets?

One that got taken down and apologized for?

Got it.   Cool
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 11:14 AM)GMDino Wrote: You mean the two tweets?

Got it.   Cool

Yeah....that's all there were. Go with that on your imaginary high horse.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 11:14 AM)GMDino Wrote: You mean the two tweets?

Got it.   Cool

So no Bengals tweeted out end of season thanks and whatever?  Did anyone check?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote