Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stephon Gilmore
Any updates on what's going on with him?

I have this wild feeling he's going to end up here. Nothing to base that on, just a feeling. I think the Bengals gave him a strong offer and he's trying to decide.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:22 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Any updates on what's going on with him?

I have this wild feeling he's going to end up here. Nothing to base that on, just a feeling. I think the Bengals gave him a strong offer and he's trying to decide.

I believe he will be wearing black and orange,  not black and silver.  I think it happens by tomorrow at the latest. Hope it's not just wishful thinking, but I've had the same gut feeling for a day or so.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:25 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I believe he will be wearing black and orange,  not black and silver.  I think it happens by tomorrow at the latest. Hope it's not just wishful thinking, but I've had the same gut feeling for a day or so.

He's 31 and coming off a partial quad tear after reading more about him. He had a good year last year, though. 

I think he would be a good piece but he is older and I wouldn't drop a ton of money on him.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:34 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He's 31 and coming off a partial quad tear after reading more about him. He had a good year last year, though. 

I think he would be a good piece but he is older and I wouldn't drop a ton of money on him.

Agree, I wouldn't drop tons of greenbacks on him, but if comes reasonable I'd like to have him.
Reply/Quote
I would be shocked if we sign Gilmore. Has something developed over the last few hours with him? Because all I've seen so far are super vague rumors from less than reputable sources.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:40 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I would be shocked if we sign Gilmore. Has something developed over the last few hours with him? Because all I've seen so far are super vague rumors from less than reputable sources.

Trae Waynes cut and I've seen rumblings on twitter (some with blue checkmarks) that the Bengals are trying to make a late push for him. 
Reply/Quote
If we don’t sign Gilmore this free agency period will be a let down. The sky is falling. Management doesn’t know what they are doing. So on and so forth.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
All the twitter sources are saying the Bengals aren't in the hunt, it's a tactic from the agent so not so fast on the buildup (and disappointment).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
I saw Mike Hilton's twitter recruitment attempt for him but that is all I have seen that is in the other Gilmore thread.

Sure would be an upgrade over Waynes who done nothing for us and maybe even over Apple as a mentor for a young
pick. Boundary Corner which is what we need as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: All the twitter sources are saying the Bengals aren't in the hunt, it's a tactic from the agent so not so fast on the buildup (and disappointment).

Watson in no way is going to a Brown, then wait, he is a Brown.

The roller coasters of FA. Collins left town and we lost him, or did we?

This FA thing is an emotional roller coaster and the only ones having lots of fun are the agents. How would you like to be Watson's agent? What is 15% of 240 million dollars?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
He’d be a nice pickup, but I’m not going to pout if we don’t get him.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I saw Mike Hilton's twitter recruitment attempt for him but that is all I have seen that is in the other Gilmore thread.

Sure would be an upgrade over Waynes who done nothing for us and maybe even over Apple as a mentor for a young
pick. Boundary Corner which is what we need as well.

If we are bringing in a vet, in my opinion a solid guy to mentor Eli Apple and DB's is Joe Hayden. He is probably also a less expensive option. I am sure other options are available or will be as well. Gilmore was great, I am not sure he will ever be great again.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
All the normal sources are throwing water on this.

Reply/Quote
Assuming Collins cap # is $8-10M this year, the only way I see Gilmore being signed is if they decide to extend Bates and lower his cap # this year.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 06:01 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Assuming Collins cap # is $8-10M this year, the only way I see Gilmore being signed is if they decide to extend Bates and lower his cap # this year.

The Bengals could gain a ton of cap space by restructuring contracts paying base salary with a bonus and spread it over the course of the contract thus savings million on guys like Reader and Trey. 
Go NFL Spotrac and look under transactions tags, teams are doing this to get the cap money they need in 2022. We have not done it yet, but we can.

So it becomes a question of how bad they want to add a player, they can restructure contracts and get the cap money.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:57 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If we are bringing in a vet, in my opinion a solid guy to mentor Eli Apple and DB's is Joe Hayden. He is probably also a less expensive option. I am sure other options are available or will be as well. Gilmore was great, I am not sure he will ever be great again.

Haden would be more than fine with me as well. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote