Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stephon Gilmore
(03-28-2022, 03:08 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Woolen is fast but I do not think worth 2nd round in terms of skill

That's because he's still new to the position and has only been playing it for two years. His game can be polished and developed, but that size and speed cannot be developed. 

He would be a steal in the second and signing Gilmore would allow us to ease him in and let him grow.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 03:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's because he's still new to the position and has only been playing it for two years. His game can be polished and developed, but that size and speed cannot be developed. 

He would be a steal in the second and signing Gilmore would allow us to ease him in and let him grow.

Tariq Woolen is a gamble because there is a high chance he will never develop into a good corner even at his size and speed. 

I wouldn't touch him until at least late day 2 or early day 3. There are alot of good corners in this draft class.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 03:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's because he's still new to the position and has only been playing it for two years. His game can be polished and developed, but that size and speed cannot be developed. 

It is a steal if he develops and a  flop if he doesn't.  He reminds of Taylor Mays in terms of risk.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 03:31 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: It is a steal if he develops and a  flop if he doesn't.  He reminds of Taylor Mays in terms of risk.  

I think he is more fluid than Mays was but yeah, both were/are physical freaks that didn't have much beyond that. The physical profile is tantalizing but he needs time. 
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 03:25 PM)Synric Wrote: Tariq Woolen is a gamble because there is a high chance he will never develop into a good corner even at his size and speed. 

I wouldn't touch him until at least late day 2 or early day 3. There are alot of good corners in this draft class.

At 31 there will be 2 to 3 secondary. Players worthy of the selection, I don’t think they even have a thought on selecting him at any part of the draft imo
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 03:44 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think he is more fluid than Mays was but yeah, both were/are physical freaks that didn't have much beyond that. The physical profile is tantalizing but he needs time. 

Seriously, Mays had among the skinniest hips proportional to his size.  Yeah he had good straight line speed, but it was obvious his agility would be affected.  Whenever a tall DB or S is drafted, you gotta check their agility and lateral movement.
Reply/Quote
Stephon Gilmore has signed with the Colts.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2022, 11:08 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Stephon Gilmore has signed with the Colts.

It was always a pipe dream and unrealistic.
Reply/Quote
Bummer - to me, adding Gilmore to the Bengals defense would have made a really good offseason a great one. I'm assuming there's a reason the Bengals were not pursuing Gilmore (age/injuries). Looking forward to the draft and seeing what the Bengals do next!
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2022, 11:08 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Stephon Gilmore has signed with the Colts.

2 years $23 mil is not bad either. Oh well, we should see one drafted early. Steven Nelson who I liked as depth and competition for Apple signed this week too. Not a big fan of what is left at CB in FA after this. Looking more and more like it’ll be CB at 31.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2022, 01:05 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: 2 years $23 mil is not bad either. Oh well, we should see one drafted early. Steven Nelson who I liked as depth and competition for Apple signed this week too. Not a big fan of what is left at CB in FA after this. Looking more and more like it’ll be CB at 31.

Yep, good thing it is a very good Draft at Corner. I too wanted Gilmore but I think the coaches recognized how good of a draft it is
for this position and wanted to add youth early at CB which is probably the best investment you can make at this position.
Reply/Quote
Didn't think 2yr/$23m was all it would take it get Gilmore.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote