Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stevenson or Toney.?
Undoubtedly 2 of the most explosive WRs in college
Last year. The current Bengals WR room is lacking
That mercurical type of WR that can simply
Out run DBs and LBers on any given play.
If both of these WRs are on.the board which would
You draft and why.? I know Burrow would not mind
Having a WR that can blow the top off a defense.
That would only let Higgins and Boyd feast more
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 07:18 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Undoubtedly 2 of the most explosive WRs in college

Toney will go in the 2nd and Stevenson will be there later on. I really like Jaelon Darden as well. I sent you a PM.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 07:18 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Undoubtedly 2 of the most explosive WRs in college

NO TO STEVENSON.. too much injury history and I watched him enough to see very weak in route running...

Toney possible but won;t be there by round 3 and just depends what happens with #1 if we go WR with 2nd pick
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My day three flyer is Josh Imatorbhebhe, Illinois ... he is athletic as they come...great speed and probably the best vertical catch point in this draft... he is raw with route running and lacks the stats but he played at Illinois not very good and did not throw the ball around like so many other schools..
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 08:51 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: My day three flyer is Josh Imatorbhebhe, Illinois  ... he is athletic as they come...great speed and probably the best vertical catch point in this draft...  he is raw with route running and lacks the stats but he played at Illinois not very good and did not throw the ball around like so many other schools..
I'm gonna stick with Jaelon Darden N Tx in the 4th. Excellent footwork, is very shifty, has good lower body strength and his explosion after the catch is as good as anybody in this draft and he'll run low 4.3's.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 09:31 PM)pulses Wrote: I'm gonna stick with Jaelon Darden N Tx in the 4th. Excellent footwork, is very shifty, has good lower body strength and his explosion after the catch is as good as anybody in this draft and he'll run low 4.3's.

solid pick for us... no  problems with that pick and as you see the explosion of Darden as good as anyone.. i see the same with Imatorbhebhe maybe the best pure athlete at WR in this draft especially is verticalness
Reply/Quote

Don't forget Anthony Schwartz, WR Auburn.
Dude might be faster than both of the guys you listed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 09:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Don't forget Anthony Schwartz, WR Auburn.
Dude might be faster than both of the guys you listed.
 Schwartz better be running 4.2s if he's faster than Darden.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 10:03 PM)pulses Wrote:  Schwartz better be running 4.2s if he's faster than Darden.

He might, but it's going to be hard to gauge when not everyone is running on the same track/field.

With that said, Darden makes me nervous being only 5'9" 170 lbs. Schwartz has better size to him compared to Darden.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Much like last year, this class is so deep there is going to be some really good and productive WR's available on day 2. Rondale Moore and TuTu Atwell have kind of fallen out of the limelight recently but both of these guys are not just fast but they are super elusive.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 11:24 AM)Au165 Wrote: Much like last year, this class is so deep there is going to be some really good and productive WR's available on day 2. Rondale Moore and TuTu Atwell have kind of fallen out of the limelight recently but both of these guys are not just fast but they are super elusive.

I was watching some Louisville games to check out Atwell and I ended up liking the other receiver. Desmond Fitzpatrick is a tall 6'1 to 6'2 210lbs and has that low 4.4 high 4.3 speed. He is physical in his routes and as a blocker. Dez has 3 years of solid production as a deep ball boundary receiver.

Fitzpatrick will be at the Senior Bowl this week and when coverage starts tommorrow I'll have my eye on him.

Edit: Desmond Fitzpatrick is 6'2 202 weigh in today lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 11:24 AM)Au165 Wrote: Much like last year, this class is so deep there is going to be some really good and productive WR's available on day 2. Rondale Moore and TuTu Atwell have kind of fallen out of the limelight recently but both of these guys are not just fast but they are super elusive.

Indeed. There should be quite a few speed guys (and other types of WRs) that fall to the later rounds. No need to reach for a WR in this draft.
I'm not sure a speed guy is a huge need for the Bengals though. Burrow didn't have a blazer at LSU when he broke all the records. He had Chase, Jefferson, Marshall, Moss, and Edwards-Helaire as his primary five weapons. Jefferson is fast (4.43) but he's not John Ross-fast.

I would think Burrow would be perfectly fine with a guy who can run a sub-4.5 but is reliable at catching the ball and then getting YAC.
Right now, they don't have any guys who are sub-4.5 between Boyd, Higgins, and Tate. All are about mid-4.5's and above.

While I'm perfectly fine taking a WR at 5, I'd take Sewell, Darrisaw, Pitts, or even Slater instead and get a WR in Rd 3-5. If Pitts runs about as fast as Chase but 30+ lbs bigger and 5+" taller, you'd have to take Pitts IMO.
According to a Panthers USA Today scouting report, Pitts is projected to run a sub-4.5. https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/10/panthers-2021-nfl-draft-florida-kyle-pitts/. I don't know if he will, but he looks plenty fast in the games I've watched. I definitely expect him to run faster than the likes of Uzomah or Sample (4.64, 4.71 respectively).

I've seen a lot of comparisons to Darren Waller, who ran a 4.46 at 238 lbs, which is about as much as Pitts weighs.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Stevenson with some not good measurements at Senior Bowl:
5'10", 182 lbs. Was listed at 6'0" and 190 in college.
Only 8.5" hands. That's smaller than John Ross (8.75"), who has had trouble with drops. It's typically believed that hand size less than 9.0" will result in some drops.
[Image: Esqmr2OWMAE5Md5?format=jpg&name=large]
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 09:31 PM)pulses Wrote: I'm gonna stick with Jaelon Darden N Tx in the 4th. Excellent footwork, is very shifty, has good lower body strength and his explosion after the catch is as good as anybody in this draft and he'll run low 4.3's.

As long as whomever they get pull trigger on is not afraid to dive, get tackled, block  and is a "FOOTBALL PLAYER", not a track star Im good.
So jealous of KC, they have Hill and Harden and its just not fair.  
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 11:04 AM)ochocincos Wrote: He might, but it's going to be hard to gauge when not everyone is running on the same track/field.

With that said, Darden makes me nervous being only 5'9" 170 lbs. Schwartz has better size to him compared to Darden.

I agree but we don't have a true speedster at WR. I'm sure Darden could put on 10lbs and then he'd about the same size as Tyreek. I like Schwartz just not as well. My ideal situation would be to sign Josh Reynolds and then draft someone later on like Darden and draft Pitts in the 1st. Sign Thuney in FA. Draft Spencer Brown and Deonte Brown in the draft for the future on the right side.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 07:56 PM)pulses Wrote: I agree but we don't have a true speedster at WR. I'm sure Darden could put on 10lbs and then he'd about the same size as Tyreek. I like Schwartz just not as well. My ideal situation would be to sign Josh Reynolds and then draft someone later on like Darden and draft Pitts in the 1st. Sign Thuney in FA. Draft Spencer Brown and Deonte Brown in the draft for the future on the right side.

That would probably result in still having a bad defense, but that offense would be amazing lol.
An OL of Williams-Thuney-Hopkins-Brown-Brown, and then a pass catching group of Higgins, Boyd, Pitts, Reynolds, and Darden.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 08:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That would probably result in still having a bad defense, but that offense would be amazing lol.
An OL of Williams-Thuney-Hopkins-Brown-Brown, and then a pass catching group of Higgins, Boyd, Pitts, Reynolds, and Darden.

In that scenario I think erickson( it was time for him anyways) is gone and we keep tate. Well what would be a killer scenario to add to it is if the colts trade for Stafford. We could then trade our #5 for Detroit #7 and 21(from colts) so they can take their QB and we could still probably get Pitts at 7 and then grab Barmore at 21 :)
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 12:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Indeed. There should be quite a few speed guys (and other types of WRs) that fall to the later rounds. No need to reach for a WR in this draft.
I'm not sure a speed guy is a huge need for the Bengals though. Burrow didn't have a blazer at LSU when he broke all the records. He had Chase, Jefferson, Marshall, Moss, and Edwards-Helaire as his primary five weapons. Jefferson is fast (4.43) but he's not John Ross-fast.

I would think Burrow would be perfectly fine with a guy who can run a sub-4.5 but is reliable at catching the ball and then getting YAC.
Right now, they don't have any guys who are sub-4.5 between Boyd, Higgins, and Tate. All are about mid-4.5's and above.

While I'm perfectly fine taking a WR at 5, I'd take Sewell, Darrisaw, Pitts, or even Slater instead and get a WR in Rd 3-5. If Pitts runs about as fast as Chase but 30+ lbs bigger and 5+" taller, you'd have to take Pitts IMO.
According to a Panthers USA Today scouting report, Pitts is projected to run a sub-4.5. https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/10/panthers-2021-nfl-draft-florida-kyle-pitts/. I don't know if he will, but he looks plenty fast in the games I've watched. I definitely expect him to run faster than the likes of Uzomah or Sample (4.64, 4.71 respectively).

I've seen a lot of comparisons to Darren Waller, who ran a 4.46 at 238 lbs, which is about as much as Pitts weighs.
I think.speed is a huge need at WR for the Bengals
Just ask.the Chiefs how important speed is to a offense.
Tell.ya what switch out Hill and Hardeman with the Patriots 2 starting WRs.....how would the Chiefs offense look?
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 08:40 PM)pulses Wrote: In that scenario I think erickson( it was time for him anyways) is gone and we keep tate. Well what would be a killer scenario to add to it is if the colts trade for Stafford. We could then trade our #5 for Detroit #7 and 21(from colts) so they can take their QB and we could still probably get Pitts at 7 and then grab Barmore at 21 :)

Trading the 21st overall pick is WAY too much just to move up from 7 to 5.
But hey, if DET really wanted to do it, I would absolutely accept that offer.

A more realistic value for trade is pick 72 according to the trade value chart.

So in a move to balance in the middle, 7 and 41 for 5.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 08:48 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I think.speed is a huge need at WR for the Bengals
Just ask.the Chiefs how important speed is to a offense.
Tell.ya what switch out Hill and Hardeman with the Patriots 2 starting WRs.....how would the Chiefs offense look?

Speed always helps but if it's at the expense of being able to catch the ball, it might not pay off like you want if you don't trust your receiver to make the catch.
Also, Mahomes is a better deep ball thrower than Burrow.
Last, the Chiefs offense is way better at scheming receivers open compared to the Bengals.

In 2020, here is the overall average receiver target separation for Mahomes vs Burrow:
Mahomes - 1.94 yards (7th in NFL)
Burrow - 1.25 yards (30th in NFL)

If the Bengals get a fast guy, they need to use him a lot in the short and intermediate routes, which have a higher catch percentage compared to deeper routes.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote