Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Suck For Sam!"
(09-25-2017, 01:12 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: There were a lot of passes that Dalton was releasing within 2-3 seconds of snapping the ball. Wonder why? 

Because that's how a rhythm offense works.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
"Suck for Sam"....I don't want a super bowl that badly but you do what you gotta do
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 01:17 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: "Suck for Sam"....I don't want a super bowl that badly but you do what you gotta do

[Image: quote-little-boy-blue-he-needed-the-mone...-75-69.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:24 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Do you watch the games? It's the line just like the problem with the running game wasn't the running backs it was the line.   We need to address it in the offensive line in the off season period.

I'd be all for Sam Darnold if the Bengals sign two proven, upper-tier FAs on the OL and then draft an OL in the second or third round.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Meh - AD can help his line and team by not taking at least one of those sacks while in FG range...I get the pressure is worse, but you have to be smart in some of these situations.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 01:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd be all for Sam Darnold if the Bengals sign two proven, upper-tier FAs on the OL and then draft an OL in the second or third round.

In that highly unlikely scenario ever happened, it'd basically be this...

Bengals 2017: "Andy, we're going to roll with this awful awful OL. Be great or go F yourself."
Andy 2017: "Haha, good joke... wait... seriously?"
Bengals 2018: "Here Sam, we got this great line built up for you."
Andy 2018: "What the F, guys?"

If the Bengals ever had any intention of going in FA and working hard to get a good OL, they would have done it this last offseason instead of just throwing it down the drain before it ever started by choosing to roll with these 5.

This offseason Ogbuehi will get his 5th year option picked up, Bodine will get a new contract... there will be an awkward press conference, and Marvin and the gang will be back to build Bengals Marvin Team #4 and whatever unlucky schmuck is the next QB will get David Carr'd.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
OL was horrid once more but we are now calling plays to hide the fact.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:01 PM)thillan Wrote: Yep, surprised people aren't getting the memo on this. I can't see any situation where Jackson becomes a solid NFL QB.

Also bonus points for getting my hopes up about Big Ben retiring!  Rock On

Russell wilson won a super bowl. Cam and kaep were recently there. They can get you there
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 08:18 PM)Go Cards Wrote: OL was horrid once more but we are now calling plays to hide the fact.

This. We need to get an o line first. Fix the oline and everything else will fall into place.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 08:32 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Russell wilson won a super bowl. Cam and kaep were recently there. They can get you there

They can get you there once. (Or twice in Wilson's case.) Provided they have a great defense, great run game, and great coaching. Then that perfect blend of team excellence around them goes away quickly and/or they get injured.

Panthers 2015: 24th Passing Offense, 2nd Rushing Offense, 6th Scoring Defense
Seahawks 2014: 27th Passing Offense, 1st Rushing Offense, 1st Scoring Defense
Seahawks 2013: 26th Passing Offense, 4th Rushing Offense, 1st Scoring Defense
49ers 2012: 23rd Passing Offense, 4th Rushing Offense, 2nd Scoring Defense

So yes, if you combine them with a top-5 running game and an elite defense, they can get you there. So could Marc Bulger.

Also note they lost 3 of those 4 games to...

Broncos 2015: 14th Passing Offense, 17th Rushing Offense, 4th Scoring Defense
Patriots 2014: 9th Passing Offense, 18th Rushing Offense, 8th Scoring Defense
Broncos 2013: 1st Passing Offense, 15th Rushing Offense, 22nd Scoring Defense
Ravens 2012:  15th Passing Offense, 11th Rushing Offense, 12th Scoring Defense

They were clearly the weak links on those four teams that weren't capable of shouldering the team.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 08:41 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: This.  We need to get an o line first.  Fix the oline and everything else will fall into place.

Good OL make everybody look better

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 08:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: They can get you there once. (Or twice in Wilson's case.) Provided they have a great defense, great run game, and great coaching. Then that perfect blend of team excellence around them goes away quickly and/or they get injured.

Panthers 2015: 24th Passing Offense, 2nd Rushing Offense, 6th Scoring Defense
Seahawks 2014: 27th Passing Offense, 1st Rushing Offense, 1st Scoring Defense
Seahawks 2013: 26th Passing Offense, 4th Rushing Offense, 1st Scoring Defense
49ers 2012: 23rd Passing Offense, 4th Rushing Offense, 2nd Scoring Defense

So yes, if you combine them with a top-5 running game and an elite defense, they can get you there. So could Marc Bulger.

Also note they lost 3 of those 4 games to...

Broncos 2015: 14th Passing Offense, 17th Rushing Offense, 4th Scoring Defense
Patriots 2014: 9th Passing Offense, 18th Rushing Offense, 8th Scoring Defense
Broncos 2013: 1st Passing Offense, 15th Rushing Offense, 22nd Scoring Defense
Ravens 2012:  15th Passing Offense, 11th Rushing Offense, 12th Scoring Defense

They were clearly the weak links on those four teams that weren't capable of shouldering the team.

A running QB has quarterbacked a team in 4 of the last 5 super bowls.

Spin it however you want. In a QB driven league dominated by pocket passers... It happened.

When your OL isnt so good having a QB who can move could help
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 10:08 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: A running QB has quarterbacked a team in 4 of the last 5 super bowls.

Spin it however you want. In a QB driven league dominated by pocket passers... It happened.

When your OL isnt so good having a QB who can move could help

I'm not spinning anything. All four of those teams were awful passing teams and relied entire upon the run game and defense. That's Marc Bulger-ish.

But sure, there have been 4 running QBs the last 5 SBs. They won 1.

Meanwhile pocket QBs have accounted for the other 6 of the 10, and won 4.

Running QBs still need good OLs. (Hence their reliance on good running games.) Otherwise you just got Akili Smith out there.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 08:41 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: This.  We need to get an o line first.  Fix the oline and everything else will fall into place.

Yeah, but you are only going to be drafting in the top 5 once in a blue moon.  Give me the QB and then draft O-line in 2-3.

The bust rate for tackles is pretty high lately.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 10:42 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Yeah, but you are only going to be drafting in the top 5 once in a blue moon.  Give me the QB and then draft O-line in 2-3.

The bust rate for tackles is pretty high lately.

Lol... the Bengals have drafted top-5 a whopping 8 times under Mike Brown (3 1st overall picks). 10 times if you expand it to top-6.

Mike Brown Top-5 Picks:
John Copeland
Dan Wilkinson (1st)
Ki-Jana Carter (1st)
Akili Smith
Peter Warrick
Justin Smith
Carson Palmer (1st)
AJ Green

Expanded to Top-6:
David Klinger
Andre Smith

We've had to experience a shitton of "blue moons" under Mike Brown.   Ninja

Also, lets be honest. At the end of the season the Bengals are going to screw up and win a couple games, giving them the 4th pick or so, and Mike Brown isn't going to give up 3 1st and 2 2nds in order to get one of the top 2 picks for a QB. So they're going to have the "opportunity" to take the 3rd or 4th best QB in the draft with the 4th overall pick.

Reply/Quote
Sure, yeah! Let's sell out for the 43rd best ranked QB...

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/player-stat/qb-rating-ncaa

Quote:43
Sam Darnold
Southern California Trojans
QB

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 11:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sure, yeah!  Let's sell out for the 43rd best ranked QB...

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/player-stat/qb-rating-ncaa

There was a dude on that list with no college...so I clicked on him.

Stephen Calvert

#12 Quarterback - Liberty Flames

The hell is a Liberty Flames?? 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Sam Darnold fumbled the football down by 3 on the final drive of the game, losing to Washington State.

15/29 (51.7%), 164 yards (5.7 YPA), 0 TD/1 INT, and a game losing fumble.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2017, 04:01 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sam Darnold fumbled the football down by 3 on the final drive of the game, losing to Washington State.

15/29 (51.7%), 164 yards (5.7 YPA), 0 TD/1 INT, and a game losing fumble.

"He had his team in a position to win, we expect better play of he quarterback. We will continue to try and execute in all 3 phases of the football game"

Sounds like a bengals pick
Reply/Quote
Sam hasn't looked good all season.
Reply/Quote