Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Sunday-Dalton
Sunday's game against Cleveland is likely Andy Dalton's last as a Bengal. As frustrated as everyone has been over the last several years, Andy deserves a good send off from Cincinnati fans. He came in like a breath of fresh air after Palmer quit. He came in as a rookie and took us to the playoffs and repeated that 4 more times. In his time here he has earned multiple team QB records. Additionally, he chose to make Cincinnati his home. Something his predecessor didn't. He has represented the team well and has helped change the team's thug reputation throughout the league

If you are going to the game, I hope you encourage everyone to show Andy that we have appreciated his time here in Cincinnati

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 03:13 PM)pally Wrote: Sunday's game against Cleveland is likely Andy Dalton's last as a Bengal. As frustrated as everyone has been over the last several years, Andy deserves a good send off from Cincinnati fans. He came in like a breath of fresh air after Palmer quit. He came in as a rookie and took us to the playoffs and repeated that 4 more times. In his time here he has earned multiple team QB records. Additionally, he chose to make Cincinnati his home. Something his predecessor didn't. He has represented the team well and has helped change the team's thug reputation throughout the league

If you are going to the game, I hope you encourage everyone to show Andy that we have appreciated his time here in Cincinnati

I doubt it is his last game. He is still under contract next year. If Mike Brown wanted a second round pick for McCarron he will hold out for a first round pick for Dalton. Since Hue Jackson is no longer a head coach in the NFL I don’t expect another team to give into Brown’s unrealistic expectations. Unless a Super Bowl caliber team loses their QB next fall before the trade deadline and have all the other pieces in place to make a Super Bowl run in which case they might be desperate enough.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 03:13 PM)pally Wrote: Sunday's game against Cleveland is likely Andy Dalton's last as a Bengal.  As frustrated as everyone has been over the last several years, Andy deserves a good send off from Cincinnati fans.  He came in like a breath of fresh air after Palmer quit.  He came in as a rookie and took us to the playoffs and repeated that 4 more times.  In his time here he has earned multiple team QB records.  Additionally, he chose to make Cincinnati his home.  Something his predecessor didn't.  He has represented the team well and has helped change the team's thug reputation throughout the league

Yes, cheer the man. Dalton has been all class while he has been here and has won a lot of games for us and has done 
amazing things in the community. Dalton is a great man, wish he could of gotten a ring here but it wasn't in the cards.

Reps Pally, nice thread. :andy: 

(12-24-2019, 03:59 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I doubt it is his last game. He is still under contract next year. If Mike Brown wanted a second round pick for McCarron he will hold out for a first round pick for Dalton. Since Hue Jackson is no longer a head coach in the NFL I don’t expect another team to give into Brown’s unrealistic expectations. Unless a Super Bowl caliber team loses their QB next fall before the trade deadline and have all the other pieces in place to make a Super Bowl run in which case they might be desperate enough.

Pretty expensive back up Dalton would be...
Reply/Quote
Andy did his best
But I guess, his best wasn't good enough
'Cause, here we are back where we were before
Seems we need some changes
We're back to bein' strangers
Wonderin' if, we draft a kid
And send him out the door
Just Once...
Can we figure out, what we keep, doin' wrong
Why, the playoffs never last for long
What are we doin' wrong?
Just once...
Can we find a way, to finally show some fight
To make the playoffs last, for more than just one night
Maybe we could do it
If we draft Burrow or Tua
hmm-hmm...
(...)
He gave his all
But Despite his all, well this team still sucks
'Cause, Lord knows we're not getting anywhere
Seems, we're always blowin'
Whatever, we've got goin'
And it seems at times, with all we've got
We’re still missin’ a player
Just once...
Can we figure out, what we keep doin' wrong
Why the O-lines never block for long
Why is Ross goin’ long?
Just once...
Can't we find a way, to finally play it right
To make the playoffs last, for more than just one night
I think that we could do it
If we draft Burrow or Tua
Just once...
I want to understand
Why, it always comes back ...the same
Why... can't we win a playoff game
Let’s admit to one another
We're no good, for each other
Trade the rest, to build it better
Makes some sense if we’re not together
Just once...
Can we find a way, to finally play it right
(whoa!)
Make the playoffs last, for more than just one night
I know that we could, do it
If Mike Brown doesn’t ruin it
Just Once...
...Whoa-ohh
Last time he blew it..
Just ...Once
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 04:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, cheer the man. Dalton has been all class while he has been here and has won a lot of games for us and has done 
amazing things in the community. Dalton is a great man, wish he could of gotten a ring here but it wasn't in the cards.

Reps Pally, nice thread. :andy: 

Pretty expensive back up Dalton would be...

I think the Bengals would be wise to look at it as: How much do we have in the QB room. The rookie will be dirt cheap and Andy will be relatively cheap. So we would be silly to just give him away; just as we did not this year. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It would be nice to see Dalton go out on a high note.

And wish him all the luck in the world moving forward. :andy:
Reply/Quote
I agree that we should give the guy a good send off, I’m just not totally convinced that he won’t be here next year. At any rate, he deserves a show of appreciation for his efforts here.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 04:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think the Bengals would be wise to look at it as: How much do we have in the QB room. The rookie will be dirt cheap and Andy will be relatively cheap. So we would be silly to just give him away; just as we did not this year. 

Good points, I don't want to just give Dalton away either. Need to get something for him if he leaves next year.
Reply/Quote
I agree that Andy deserves a fair salute from the fans, if this is indeed his last game as a Bengal. Over the years, we've seen the best he's had to offer, and unfortunately, we've also seen plenty of less that the best he has to offer. As a human being, you'd be hard pressed to find someone with as solid a character and loving heart as Andy. The work that he and his wife do through their charity is first class.

From a business of football perspective, if the Bengals do draft Joe Burrow, they would be wise to keep Andy on the books at least through the trade deadline, next season. His salary really won't be devastatingly high, especially compared to other starting QBs in the league. It would also be super nice to see the rookie get to come in at his own pace, rather than just thrown out there on day 1, like Andy had to do.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I hope Dalton gets a win Sunday and can walk off with a standing ovation. He deserves it.
With that said, I'd like to see a new QB at the helm in 2020.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If they really want to honor him they'll introduce the offense instead of the defense, as has been the trend lately, it seems.

Besides, when our games finally end there's usually no more than 600 Bengals fans in the entire building.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 03:13 PM)pally Wrote: Sunday's game against Cleveland is likely Andy Dalton's last as a Bengal.  As frustrated as everyone has been over the last several years, Andy deserves a good send off from Cincinnati fans.  He came in like a breath of fresh air after Palmer quit.  He came in as a rookie and took us to the playoffs and repeated that 4 more times.  In his time here he has earned multiple team QB records.  Additionally, he chose to make Cincinnati his home.  Something his predecessor didn't.  He has represented the team well and has helped change the team's thug reputation throughout the league

Well said Pally! Personally hope we stomp the hell out of the Browns!
Reply/Quote
Fiiiiiiiiiine, I will cancel the delivery.

[Image: DSC-0418-JPG-2.jpg]

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Hope they beat the snot out of the stains & Andy goes out on a high note. Although I wouldn't mind him behind Burrow until we can get something out of him. Hopefully a place where he can thrive. Nothing but respect for him.
Reply/Quote
$17 million for a backup QB isn't smart money, especially on a team with a laundry list of needs. Andy can be cut with 0 dead money. If we don't do so, I'd be pretty ticked. We can find a much cheaper veteran option.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 10:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: $17 million for a backup QB isn't smart money, especially on a team with a laundry list of needs. Andy can be cut with 0 dead money. If we don't do so, I'd be pretty ticked. We can find a much cheaper veteran option.

And despite what a certain poster is claiming those of us here that want Burrow know it will take some time to fix the rest of the holes. There’s really no reason to worry much about a backup QB. It’s likely we won’t be in contention anyway, so if Burrow goes down it’s not like it will be de-railing a playoff run if there’s nobody good to come in.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 10:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: $17 million for a backup QB isn't smart money, especially on a team with a laundry list of needs. Andy can be cut with 0 dead money. If we don't do so, I'd be pretty ticked. We can find a much cheaper veteran option.

I don't know. Mike Brown is a loyal guy for players that are loyal to him, and Andy Dalton has been loyal. Mike Brown has been a man that has liked to "honor" contracts in the past so it would not surprise me if he holds on to him to tutor the new QB that Brown most likely will draft with the first pick, a Kitna/Palmer kind of situation. I wonder what Andy's reaction to a scenario like that would be?
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 11:43 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I don't know. Mike Brown is a loyal guy for players that are loyal to him, and Andy Dalton has been loyal. Mike Brown has been a man that has liked to "honor" contracts in the past so it would not surprise me if he holds on to him to tutor the new QB that Brown most likely will draft with the first pick, a Kitna/Palmer kind of situation. I wonder what Andy's reaction to a scenario like that would be?

He let his 12 year old HC bench the guy on his birthday...and possibly refused to trade him to an interested team like Chicago.

I don’t think that relationship is particularly strong at this point.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 07:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Fiiiiiiiiiine, I will cancel the delivery.

[Image: DSC-0418-JPG-2.jpg]

Ninja

Please promise you won't harass Jordan at Kroger, either  ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 11:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He let his 12 year old HC bench the guy on his birthday...and possibly refused to trade him to an interested team like Chicago.

I don’t think that relationship is particularly strong at this point.
Andy is secretly cussing saying such dastardly words as "Shucks! Dagnabbit! and the worst, Cheese and Crackers! Ding dangit Zac!" 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote