Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl 50: Panthers vs Broncos Game Day
(02-08-2016, 02:20 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Easily MVP. Doubt any QB could have done more with what he had at WR. They had one decent RB and a good TE. They would be lucky to be .500 with a lesser QB.

If the Bengals had Cam we would be untouchable.

Not saying he didn't deserve MVP, but take away the decent RB and plug in a worse OL and a significantly worse defense and you've got Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, and the other 51 random dudes who make up the New England Patriots. Just sayin....

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 02:43 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not saying he didn't deserve MVP, but take away the decent RB and plug in a worse OL and a significantly worse defense and you've got Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, and the other 51 random dudes who make up the New England Patriots. Just sayin....

Edelman>any panthers wr 
gronk>olsen
Panthers OL aint nothing special

No idea how you can say significantly worse D. Pats D is solid as hell. Jamie collins , hightower , chandler sjones , butler , mccourty etc would beg to differ.

And they didnt go 15-1 with a powerhouse O
Reply/Quote
No idea why this phone randomly makes different sized texts and adds letters
Reply/Quote
I watched this game and the whole time I was watching it I was thinking, "The Bengals would have beaten the Panthers so bad, Newton would have ran off the field crying at halftime".

That's right, I'm still not over that playoff game.

Man, the Bengals, had they not fumbled that playoff game away, would be Super Bowl Champions right now.

Man, I'm pissed, lol. I need to stop thinking about it.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
5 observations.
1.) The Broncos might have the greatest defense ever considering it is much harder to play  defense in todays era.
2.) Peyton Manning might be the greatest QB ever but it is not because he won the Superbowl this season. The dude was still horrid this year.
3.) Cam Newton is a great player(he deserved the MVP) and he has transcended the QB position with his running ability. With that said  he still has ways to go to improve his QB play; partially from the pocket.   
4.) Noah Spence draft stock went way up with the way Von Miller played tonight. Teams will want that type of speed rusher on their respective team.
5.) The Bengals need to add more speed to their back seven if they want to play truly elite defense.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 04:42 AM)J24 Wrote: 5 observations.
1.) The Broncos might have the greatest defense ever considering it is much harder to play  defense in todays era.
2.) Peyton Manning might be the greatest QB ever but it is not because he won the Superbowl this season. The dude was still horrid this year.
3.) Cam Newton is a great player(he deserved the MVP) and he has transcended the QB position with his running ability. With that said  he still has ways to go to improve his QB play; partially from the pocket.   
4.) Noah Spence draft stock went way up with the way Von Miller played tonight. Teams will want that type of speed rusher on their respective team.
5.) The Bengals need to add more speed to their back seven if they want to play truly elite defense.

It's proven again, Defense wins championships. #1 offense in league that makes it to bowl has lost 5 out of 6 times.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 09:21 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It's proven again, Defense wins championships. #1 offense in league that makes it to bowl has lost 5 out of 6 times.

Excellent point.

Going in I thought the only chance the Broncos had was (obviously) if their #1 ranked D played like it....and they certainly did.

Wade Phillips is one heck of a defensive coordinator.  Bad head coach...great D coach.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 04:42 AM)J24 Wrote: 5 observations.

Cam is a great player, but a piece of shit for a leader. Acting like a petulant child is not one of the qualities you look for in a leader. Grow the eff up and take your lumps like a man. Andy may not be as athletic and polarizing as Cam, but I still think he was the better qb to come out of that draft.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 09:21 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It's proven again, Defense wins championships. #1 offense in league that makes it to bowl has lost 5 out of 6 times.

Bingo.... Its sad because I feel our defense can stand up there with Denver's as far as physicality and intensity, we just have a bunch of undisciplined bone heads that need to learn to control their emotions.
Reply/Quote
Yeah we had some disciplinary problems this season that was part of our demise. Aqib talib is worse, he nearly ripped that guy's head off saving a TD. I immediately thought of the NBA's new rule they want to implement - 2 personal fouls = automatic ejection. That was Talib's 2nd personal/flagrant.

Check out Eli's reaction to Peyton winning, lol. There were 3 seconds left, but still.

https://vine.co/v/i1vzT9ZPTWH/embed
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 12:55 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yeah we had some disciplinary problems this season that was part of our demise. Aqib talib is worse, he nearly ripped that guy's head off saving a TD. I immediately thought of the NBA's new rule they want to implement - 2 personal fouls = automatic ejection. That was Talib's 2nd personal/flagrant.

Check out Eli's reaction to Peyton winning, lol. There were 3 seconds left, but still.

Lol Talib grabbed the facemask and THEN yanked him by it. That was some dirty S***. Pokes eyes out too. Has a bit of a nasty streak to him..... plays for the Broncos? OH HES GREAT!!

;]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 02:12 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Lol Talib grabbed the facemask and THEN yanked him by it. That was some dirty S***. Pokes eyes out too. Has a bit of a nasty streak to him..... plays for the Broncos? OH HES GREAT!!

;]

Nasty facemask.  I just wonder though once you have your hands on it how hard is it to simply let go?

I'd like to think they can feel it before the grab it.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 02:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: Nasty facemask.  I just wonder though once you have your hands on it how hard is it to simply let go?

I'd like to think they can feel it before the grab it.

I think he had plenty of time to let go, and even pulled with the arm he had it held by. It was probably the nastiest facemask I have seen in a long time.

Reminded me of when they had the 5 yard facemask and the 15 yarder.. that was DEFINITLEY in the 15 yard variety.... I kinda miss that rule. some facemaskings are innocent.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 02:34 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think he had plenty of time to let go, and even pulled with the arm he had it held by. It was probably the nastiest facemask I have seen in a long time.

Reminded me of when they had the 5 yard facemask and the 15 yarder.. that was DEFINITLEY in the 15 yard variety.... I kinda miss that rule. some facemaskings are innocent.

Agreed on the dual penalties.  The problem was it was ANOTHER time officials had to use their "judgement".  And that just leads to more disagreements.
Reply/Quote
The Talib facemask was brutal, but the penalty did nothing to help Carolina.. A whole yard forward..
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 12:55 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yeah we had some disciplinary problems this season that was part of our demise. Aqib talib is worse, he nearly ripped that guy's head off saving a TD. I immediately thought of the NBA's new rule they want to implement - 2 personal fouls = automatic ejection. That was Talib's 2nd personal/flagrant.

A younger brother had one more SB ring than his older brother. You just had to know that was his go-to ammo. Now it's gone.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 02:54 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: No idea why this phone randomly makes different sized texts and adds letters

Mine does the same thing on here.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 03:43 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: The Talib facemask was brutal, but the penalty did nothing to help Carolina.. A whole yard forward..

Should have been an ejection. Dude knew he had a hold of it and pulled as hard as he could. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 12:23 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Lol at papa john getting that peyton manning kiss in right there

Is there a bigger ***** in the world?  Dude so much wants to be considered an in guy with Peyton and the NFL.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 03:43 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: The Talib facemask was brutal, but the penalty did nothing to help Carolina.. A whole yard forward..

See, Talib has good field awareness. He needs to teach Burfict to commit fouls only when they don't impact the team! Smart guy that Aqib.
Reply/Quote