Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Stinks
(02-05-2022, 11:34 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The Bengals are finally in a Super Bowl and the halftime show looks bad. I hate rap and will not be watching it. We need a better group.

Ok Boomer...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 12:04 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I’m sure I won’t like it, but that’s pretty subjective. I don’t like a lot of music from the last twenty years.

You're in luck Dr Dre has been around over 30 years.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 01:48 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Lol, he made an appearance in old school. Why u hatin.

He made a video where he shoots President Trump. No big deal you say? It's just a rap video you say? Then how about this? What if a white country music star made a video where he shoots President Obama? What do you think the reaction would be to that? That's where the double standard comes into play.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 01:56 AM)BengalRed Wrote: He made a video where he shoots President Trump. No big deal you say? It's just a rap video you say? Then how about this? What if a white country music star made a video where he shoots President Obama? What do you think the reaction would be to that? That's where the double standard comes into play.

I get it, I do. I don’t like double standard at all. Unfortunately it’s the times we live in. With that said, the bengals are in the Super Bowl. There shouldn’t be anything to complain about… in my opinion. Use the halftime show to wipe your booty with snoop paper, if that is better. Hang a let’s go Brandon flag outside your house. Who cares.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 02:00 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I get it, I do.  I don’t like double standard at all.  Unfortunately it’s the times we live in.  With that said, the bengals are in the Super Bowl.  There shouldn’t be anything to complain about… in my opinion. Use the halftime show to wipe your booty with snoop paper, if that is better.  Hang a let’s go Brandon flag outside your house.  Who cares.

I don't think you understand what it means to stand true to one's principles. Also that the Bengals are in the SB has zero to do with whether or not I watch the half time show.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 02:04 AM)BengalRed Wrote: I don't think you understand what it means to stand true to one's principles. Also that the Bengals are in the SB has zero to do with whether or not I watch the half time show.

I agree 100%. I’ve never cared about the halftime performance before. Usually a bathroom break. So I guess I just don’t care.
Reply/Quote
I guess it depends on which principle that you choose to stand for.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I never watch the halftime show. I usually take a shower during that break.
Reply/Quote
What I've noticed is that aside from Kendrick Lamar, there's nobody "up and coming" and even he's fairly old news at this point.

I dunno if it's because NFL has a median age older than most TV or because we're having a hard time producing new stars right now but these feel like "vegas acts" to put it kindly.
Reply/Quote
I'm looking forward to it, hip hop is one of my favorite genres. And I say this as a middle-aged white dude
Reply/Quote
I'm glad some of you are looking forward to it. I don't consider their songs as music. Maybe I'm just too old (59 years old) to appreciate it. I will tell you my generation had some good music compared to today. I just don't care for any of the acts this year.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 03:25 AM)Earendil Wrote: I'm looking forward to it, hip hop is one of my favorite genres. And I say this as a middle-aged white dude

I'm with ya there.....hip hop is my second favorite genre.  What's great about it is that ANYONE who can make a rhyme and contort your fingers in funny positions can be a rap "artist".    No vocal or performing talent required.

My first and favorite genre.....ANYTHING ELSE......
Reply/Quote
What a terrible ******* take.

I can't stand modern (or even older) pop and rap, but this will be a PHENOMENAL halftime show, the one I've looked forward to most since the Who (who are my favourite band).

You don't have to watch or like it, but there have been a bunch of FANTASTIC halftime shows.

- Bruno Mars was superb.
- Jlo and Shakira were good.
- Katy Perry was hilarious and memorable and good.
- Prince has probably put on the best show ever, even though I can't stand his music at all.
- Coldplay wasn't bad
- Lady Gaga is incredible.

I don't like any of those artists. MAYBE Yellow by Coldplay and that's it.

As a matter of fact, some of the absolute worst shows have been rock artists:

- U2 sucked like they always do.
- Springsteen sucked
- Tom Petty was plain and boring
- Stones were mediocre
- McCartney was out of his element.

List goes on. Of course, many modern acts (like the Weeknd, Maroon 5, BEP, etc.) suck as well, but whether you like the music or not, they can still put on a great show.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 02:55 AM)Webbtown Wrote: I never watch the halftime show. I usually take a shower during that break.

What goes on at your Super Bowl parties? 

I don't like most halftime shows, even if it features a group I like.  The performances all look the same, with the smoke and jubilant, paid "fans" jumping and clapping around the stage like idiots.  It's like the hype about the commercials.  There are rarely any good ones, and the rest try too hard and are still unfunny or are cloying pap.   

It will be on, and I will be peeing or eating or talking to family or whatever.  If ever there was a year for me to care absolutely nothing about a halftime show, this would be it.  I'll likely be too nervous about the game.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Not into that halftime show either but will be stepping out back smoking a fatty during halftime anyway.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 11:53 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Not into that halftime show either but will be stepping out back smoking a fatty during halftime anyway.

If you do that 10 minutes before halftime, you may enjoy the show.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 11:54 AM)jason Wrote: If you do that 10 minutes before halftime, you may enjoy the show.

Lol 

but still thinking not

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Already got a pre-rolled THC cigar ready to light up with Joe after victory as well.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Halftime show is irrelevant to me. They could trot out some old mangy mutt to take a dump and it would be just as entertaining since I don't watch it anyway.. I can't think of a single halftime show I've ever seen that made me feel like, Wow, I wanna see that again..To the contrary..every single time I've always been (without fail) C'mon.. Get it over with and get back to the game.. Smirk And just because...I freakin hate commercials so don't get me started on that shitshow..  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 11:34 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The Bengals are finally in a Super Bowl and the halftime show looks bad. I hate rap and will not be watching it. We need a better group.

I'd much rather watch Dre, Snoop, Eminem, MJB, and Kendrick Lamar than some old 70's/80's band or Coldplay.
Maybe it's different for me though since I grew up on Dre, Snoop, and Eminem's music.
Another reason they are doing the show is because it's in LA, which is where Dre and Snoop ascended into stardom.

I do think Panic! At The Disco could do a solid halftime show.
They appeal to the millennials as well as younger fans, doing a mix of their mid-2000's pop-punk songs with their more recent pop songs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote