Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Stinks
(02-06-2022, 04:02 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'm glad some of you are looking forward to it. I don't consider their songs as music. Maybe I'm just too old (59 years old) to appreciate it. I will tell you my generation had some good music compared to today. I just don't care for any of the acts this year.

I know people your age who like rap and other genres. It's just your taste, nothing wrong with it. Your "I don't consider their songs as music" comment is funny because it sounds exactly like my dad. "Oh man, none of this crap is music today. Back when I was young, we had Lynyrd Skynyrd, Led Zeppelin. REAL MUSIC." and I think all of those bands suck. I'd hate to have a halftime show of something like that, if "hate" can be used for something that I don't really care about that much.

It's all just taste and there's nothing wrong with it. I'm looking forward to the show this year personally. 
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 01:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd much rather watch Dre, Snoop, Eminem, MJB, and Kendrick Lamar than some old 70's/80's band or Coldplay.
Maybe it's different for me though since I grew up on Dre, Snoop, and Eminem's music.
Another reason they are doing the show is because it's in LA, which is where Dre and Snoop ascended into stardom.

I do think Panic! At The Disco could do a solid halftime show.
They appeal to the millennials as well as younger fans, doing a mix of their mid-2000's pop-punk songs with their more recent pop songs.

I think Panic! would be great. Have the whole crowd singing "I CHIME IN WITH A HAVEN'T YOU PEOPLE EVER HEARD OF!"
Reply/Quote
I like to mute the halftime shows and throw some Slayer on the stereo. Try and get them to sync up. I was successful one year but I can’t remember the year.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 11:51 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Dr Dre and Eminem.....  yes please

This, I think Dre and Eminem is a great show along with Snoop.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 11:12 AM)dr tarzan Wrote: I'm with ya there.....hip hop is my second favorite genre.  What's great about it is that ANYONE who can make a rhyme and contort your fingers in funny positions can be a rap "artist".    No vocal or performing talent required.

My first and favorite genre.....ANYTHING ELSE......

Well, that's one way to look at it. Just because it's not a genre you like doesn't make it worthless. You have your tastes and other people have theirs. None of them are wrong. You may not think it requires talent, but it does. It's a different kind of talent than you are used to but it's still talent nonetheless.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 01:27 AM)BengalRed Wrote: I refuse to watch anything with Snoop Dogg. The double standard with him is mind boggling. I know some people think he's the second coming but personally I refuse to watch his shit.

I'm right there with you not a fan. But honestly I wouldn't be watching much no matter who it is.
Reply/Quote
I've heard Bootsy and Snoop know each other. Hopin to see a Bootsy cameo
Well your honor, we've plenty of hearsay and conjecture, those are kinds of evidence. - Lionel Hutz
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 01:06 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I know people your age who like rap and other genres. It's just your taste, nothing wrong with it. Your "I don't consider their songs as music" comment is funny because it sounds exactly like my dad. "Oh man, none of this crap is music today. Back when I was young, we had Lynyrd Skynyrd, Led Zeppelin. REAL MUSIC." and I think all of those bands suck. I'd hate to have a halftime show of something like that, if "hate" can be used for something that I don't really care about that much.

It's all just taste and there's nothing wrong with it. I'm looking forward to the show this year personally. 

Agreed if people don't like rap that is their choice but vitriol doesn't seem necessary to the point people suggest it's not even music.
Reply/Quote
Old Man Yells at Cloud
Reply/Quote
I guess I’m the only one that liked the Madonna and LMFAO halftime show Sad
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 02:19 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Old Man Yells at Cloud

Pretty much.

I roll my eyes whenever my wife drives and we listen to the shit she likes, but I don't get all pent up and angry: it's what she likes, so let her enjoy it.

(02-06-2022, 02:41 PM)basballguy Wrote: I guess I’m the only one that liked the Madonna and LMFAO halftime show Sad

Yes, you were LOL
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
There's a lot of music that just doesn't click with me, but it's all subjective to whatever your ears and brain interpret as enjoyable. I highly doubt the superbowl would ever feature Dick Hymen playing the piano, but I like his style.. but then I like a lot of really offbeat stuff including a lot of musicals which by the way doesn't make me in the least bit gay..LOL After all, I can watch the movie Fiddler on the Roof and really get into those sounds, but I'm almost 99.999999999999999% positive you'll never see the superbowl production of it..  Just imagine a bunch of millionaire players out there to the song, If I Were A Rich Man.. That would be a hoot!  Hilarious  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Nothing can top Prince.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Why not the song, The Cockroach That Ate Cincinnati? I'm not sure it would put the city in the best possible light though..  Sad
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 02:04 AM)BengalRed Wrote: I don't think you understand what it means to stand true to one's principles. 

That would require having principles.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 02:45 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I roll my eyes whenever my wife drives and we listen to the shit she likes, but I don't get all pent up and angry: it's what she likes, so let her enjoy it.

That's why I always try to make sure I'm the one driving if possible.  Otherwise, it's going to be nothing but a '60s girl-group sing-along Mellow
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 03:49 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: That's why I always try to make sure I'm the one driving if possible.  Otherwise, it's going to be nothing but a '60s girl-group sing-along Mellow

I admit that I as well try to always be the one driving Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Ugh think thr Half Times shows the last several years have been bad turn on the Pro-Bowl...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The NFL - We will punish anyone involved with domestic abuse or even accused of it.

Also the NFL - Please welcome sociopath and known abuser Eminem as the halftime entertainer for the biggest game of the year.

Pick a lane NFL, pick a lane.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
In the style of comedian Red Buttons who used the “...never got a dinner...” line, I present the following:

Elvis Presley never got a Super Bowl halftime show.

The Beatles never got a Super Bowl halftime show.

Donna Summer never got a Super Bowl halftime show.

Stevie Wonder never got a Super Bowl halftime show.

The Bee Gees never got a Super Bowl halftime show.

Blondie never got a Super Bowl halftime show.

Rush never got a Super Bowl halftime show.

Chicago never got a Super Bowl halftime show.

Kansas never got a Super Bowl halftime show.

Asia never got a Super Bowl halftime show.

Earth Wind and Fire never got a Super Bowl halftime show.

Journey never got a Super Bowl halftime show.

Foreigner never got a Super Bowl halftime show.

The Fifth Dimension never got a Super Bowl halftime show.

Neil Sedaka never got a Super Bowl halftime show.

And, worst of all,

Frank Sinatra never got a Super Bowl halftime show.
Reply/Quote