Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super bowl LIII: Patriots vs Rams Game Day Thread
Edelman (MVP) had a great game, but the Pats defense gave up 3 points and Gilmore was awesome shutting down Ram's WR;s.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 12:29 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: So they're showing those commercials to order your official Pats SB gear, and it just makes me wonder:  if you're a Pats fan, what does this win mean to you?  How much does it resonate?  I mean, sure, it beats losing the SB, but, when you've now averaged a SB win every three years - every third year for 18 years you get a Lombardi - what does it even mean anymore?  Are you numb to it at this point?  Do you just expect it like you expect to wake up each morning?  I can't even begin to wrap my mind around it.

The reason it never gets old is that each season is a whole new journey that is a lifetime all its own.  By the time the SB rolls around, the joy is still there.

And, maybe even more importantly, the Pats have lost some of those SB's, so none of them is ever a given.  And the ten points they won by tonight was the biggest margin of victory, so they usually don't get decided until the end.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
32 year old Edelman went to Kent St., drafted in 7th round by the Pats, won his 3rd SB, and now a Super Bowl MVP. GG to him.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 12:35 AM)McC Wrote: The reason it never gets old is that each season is a whole new journey that is a lifetime all its own.  By the time the SB rolls around, the joy is still there.

And, maybe even more importantly, the Pats have lost some of those SB's, so none of them is ever a given.  And the ten points they won by tonight was the biggest margin of victory, so they usually don't get decided until the end.

Yeah. maybe.  Coming from nary a SB appearance in lo these 30 years, it's unfathomable how all that must feel.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I wonder if Tom and Bill will stay around to get "one more"?

Gee.... that would be SEVEN!

Muhahahahahahah!!!!!!!!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
This thread is gold, especially towards the end

http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11802

Reply/Quote
Fantastic! Absolutely Fantastic!

Suck on that Shittsburgh! SUCK! ON! THAT!
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 12:42 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: This thread is gold, especially towards the end

Just wow.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 12:42 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: This thread is gold, especially towards the end

They just mad because now they don't hold the record for most SB wins alone. And for the Pats it was the same coach and QB for almost 20 years. Steelers did that with TWO different teams/eras, not one. I love how they are crying about no one is competitive in the AFC East, yet the Steelers get there way most years with getting 5 of 6 in their own division.

And there must be something with Belichick's scheme. I mean, Brady was chosen way down in the draft and for a reason. Yet, Belichick was able to bring the most out of him.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
That thread is like an advertisement for an insane asylum.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 12:54 AM)Interceptor Wrote: They just mad because now they don't hold the record for most SB wins alone. And for the Pats it was the same coach and QB for almost 20 years. Steelers did that with TWO different teams/eras, not one. I love how they are crying about no one is competitive in the AFC East, yet the Steelers get there way most years with getting 5 of 6 in their own division.

And there must be something with Belichick's scheme. I mean, Brady was chosen way down in the draft and for a reason. Yet, Belichick was able to bring the most out of him.

Also, most of their SB came in an era without a salary cap and all the restrictions of the modern era. Much easier to win without a salary cap.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 12:29 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: So they're showing those commercials to order your official Pats SB gear, and it just makes me wonder:  if you're a Pats fan, what does this win mean to you?  How much does it resonate?  I mean, sure, it beats losing the SB, but, when you've now averaged a SB win every three years - every third year for 18 years you get a Lombardi - what does it even mean anymore?  Are you numb to it at this point?  Do you just expect it like you expect to wake up each morning?  I can't even begin to wrap my mind around it.

I get laid about once every 3 years and I haven't gotten sick of it yet.
Reply/Quote
Last night was the Super Bowl? I thought they were playing footage from practice.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 12:54 AM)Interceptor Wrote: They just mad because now they don't hold the record for most SB wins alone. And for the Pats it was the same coach and QB for almost 20 years. Steelers did that with TWO different teams/eras, not one. I love how they are crying about no one is competitive in the AFC East, yet the Steelers get there way most years with getting 5 of 6 in their own division.

Actually, it was three different eras, which further reinforces your point.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

It's amusing how Steeler fans complain about the NFL being rigged for the Pats as much as we complain the NFL is rigged for the Steelers. Their assertion that the Rams were given the game over the Saints so Brady could win another SB because Brees would have beaten him (the same Brees that flopped in overtime at home against the "woeful" Rams?), is comedy gold.

The Pats won the SB the year Godell suspended Brady for 1/4th of the season and yet the NFL is apparently forcing the Pats to championships at the same time.  Geez, people....give up the crazy talk.
Reply/Quote

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

[Image: Thats-Gold-Jerry-Gold-Kenny-Bania-Seinfe...C286&ssl=1]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Most importantly, I did think the commercials sucked overall. Outside of the Jason Bateman elevator and Xbox/Microsoft disabled kids ones, they just werent that good. Just too many inspirational and goody commercials, almost like they were afraid of doing anything that could offend anyone, other than vegans I guess. Meh.

Halftime show sucked too, but at least Levine didn't cave in to the idiots that were calling for a boycott because of Colin K.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Why isn't this in smack talk?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
What for?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 04:26 PM)Interceptor Wrote: What for?

I didn't read the entire thread but I figured that one reference to "sh**sburgh" was enough for that move.   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote