Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surprise cut(s)
Who do you guys think the Bengals will cut that would be a surprise to you? Mine are Michael Johnson and Andre Smith. Yes, Andre Smith.

I think the depth and youth they have on the defensive line will spell the end for Johnson. I also can see them being pleased with the interior offensive line and decide to go with youth there (Redmond, Westerman) and let Smith go.

Not knocking either one of those guys, it's just a gut feeling.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
MJ would be a surprise, but a justified one.

I think Randy Bullock will be released in favor of Elliott. I know I may be nitpicking, but all of Bullock's kicks seem to have a hook to them and I can't think that will bode well once the wind has picked up. Elliott hits a clean, straight ball, and has also reached the touchback for kickoffs.

When they said something about needing to find the next great kicker, I don't think they meant one that had been in the league for 7 or so years. Elliott will be very affordable for four years and he looks to be very adept at the kicking game. He will win the job.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 10:15 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Who do you guys think the Bengals will cut that would be a surprise to you? Mine are Michael Johnson and Andre Smith. Yes, Andre Smith.

I think the depth and youth they have on the defensive line will spell the end for Johnson. I also can see them being pleased with the interior offensive line and decide to go with youth there (Redmond, Westerman) and let Smith go.

I think health will be the factor for Andre.  Winston was a stopgap swing tackle coming to the end of his career, but now it looks like he's absolutely spent.  He's not a useful player anymore.  He's barely been one in the last 2 years.  If Andre can get healthy, I think Winston gets cut and he becomes the 3rd tackle.
Reply/Quote
Only thing that will save Andre is if he can get healthy and play back up RT. I don't think Winston is the answer there and Hopkins looked good, but we have other options at back up guard so we don't need Andre unless he is an upgrade to Winston.
Reply/Quote
I'll go with Will Clarke. While MJ may not be playing up to par, we know that the Bengals value leadership and experience. Will Clarke has also looked bad so far this offseason and doesn't possess experience or leadership. He's also in the final year of his rookie contract and would only have $130k of dead cap if released.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 10:29 AM)Au165 Wrote: Only thing that will save Andre is if he can get healthy and play back up RT. I don't think Winston is the answer there and Hopkins looked good, but we have other options at back up guard so we don't need Andre unless he is an upgrade to Winston.

This, I thought Hopkins had a very nice game.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 10:44 AM)Wyche Wrote: This, I though Hopkins had a very nice game.

How the hell is Dennard 3rd on the depth chart for RCB

Maybe cut him while at it 
Reply/Quote
Cedric Peerman...he's 31 and hasn't practiced yet. While he is a beast on special teams his position could easily be overtaken by younger stronger more versatile players

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 10:52 AM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: How the hell is Dennard 3rd on the depth chart for RCB

He's gotta be on a short leash, at least.  I will say this though, to date, they have had him out of position, in my opinion, in the slot mostly.  In college, he was better on the outside, using the boundary as a defender.  He better step it up, and in a hurry.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 10:52 AM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: How the hell is Dennard 3rd on the depth chart for RCB

Dennard had a good game. I'd keep him.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 10:29 AM)Au165 Wrote: Only thing that will save Andre is if he can get healthy and play back up RT. I don't think Winston is the answer there and Hopkins looked good, but we have other options at back up guard so we don't need Andre unless he is an upgrade to Winston.

Hasn't he said that he didn't want to be a backup? Or am I making shit up?  Hilarious
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 10:57 AM)pally Wrote: Cedric Peerman...he's 31 and hasn't practiced yet.  While he is a beast on special teams his position could easily be overtaken by younger stronger more versatile players

I can see Carson taking over his special team duties (he did against TB) and Carson is a much better running back and 10 years younger. Peerman is a great guy and team leader, but has never been a go to RB in case of injury.

I think MJ better step it up quickly and not sure Gilberry is a lock since we have a ton of DL depth. I see Elliott beating out Bullock. I think the QB backup scenario got more interting. Driskell is a great not good great athlete so now I see why we kept 3 QB's a year ago. Should we decide only 2 QB's so we can keep an extra DL or WR, maybe AJ M. is traded.

I think Thompson and Sims are both in trouble, but one may hang and the other gone.

I think Evans and Malone will make the 53.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Clarke, Sims, possibly Erickson or Malone at WR...we're really deep at WR, maybe Gilberry.

I forget we have Benwikere.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 11:35 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Clarke, Sims, possibly Erickson or Malone at WR...we're really deep at WR, maybe Gilberry.

I forget we have Benwikere.

Heavily doubt that we cut Malone
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Cody Core
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 12:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Cody Core

I actually can see this, he's injury prone unfortunately
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 10:15 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Who do you guys think the Bengals will cut that would be a surprise to you? Mine are Michael Johnson and Andre Smith. Yes, Andre Smith.

MJ is definately the one that could happen. Willis and Chris Smith played way better than the walking tree.

Sims is the surprise cut i see happening for either Tapou or Glasgow.

Andre i don't know about cause we need depth at Tackle and he can now play both Tackle and Guard.

Hopkins played awesome last game and could end up being the starting RG now though.

Just let the best players win out is all i ever want.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 11:02 AM)Wyche Wrote: He's gotta be on a short leash, at least.  I will say this though, to date, they have had him out of position, in my opinion, in the slot mostly.  In college, he was better on the outside, using the boundary as a defender.  He better step it up, and in a hurry.

He is safe this year because we picked up his 5th year option, plus you can never have too much CB depth. It would take an amazing performance by Benwikere to push him off the roster I think.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 12:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: MJ is definately the one that could happen. Willis and Chris Smith played way better than the walking tree.

Sims is the surprise cut i see happening for either Tapou or Glasgow.

Andre i don't know about cause we need depth at Tackle and he can now play both Tackle and Guard.

Hopkins played awesome last game and could end up being the starting RG now though.

Just let the best players win out is all i ever want.

Agreed on all points...Andre isn't going anywhere.  Sims is a good call, and Brandon Thompson has not shown much at this poinit, either.  Hardison has to stay healthy, and he would be an excellent player to rotate in for Geno from time to time.  
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 12:39 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Agreed on all points...Andre isn't going anywhere.  Sims is a good call, and Brandon Thompson has not shown much at this poinit, either.  Hardison has to stay healthy, and he would be an excellent player to rotate in for Geno from time to time.  

I like DeShawn Williams as Geno's backup actually.

Hardison as you said has to stay healthy.
Reply/Quote