Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T. Hill of Chiefs traded tp Phins
This is shocking, but it appears contract related. Chiefs are up against the cap and trying to get him to sign a longer contract. It appears they are a stalemate.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33578433/sources-miami-dolphins-acquire-kansas-city-chiefs-wr-tyreek-hill-five-draft-picks
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
PLEASE go to the NFC!
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 12:19 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This would be shocking, but it appears contract related. Chiefs are up against the cap and trying to get him to sign a longer contract. It appears they are a stalemate.

Reported by Ian Rappaport

It's ok, I'm sure JuJu can pick up the slack, lol.

Getting ugly for KC.  Mahomes is already coming off a down year after they went whole hog to rebuild their OL and now they are looking at losing their Top 3 WR's.  
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 12:26 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: PLEASE go to the NFC!

Jets and Miami are reported to be in on him.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 12:26 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: PLEASE go to the NFC!

Somebody, please, for once!
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 12:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: Jets and Miami are reported to be in on him.

I would prefer the Jets. Miami is closer to competitive than NY, but preference is NFC.
Reply/Quote
This will be fascinating to see the impact of their offense. Schematically speaking everyone needing to play 2 high shells probably goes out the window which could be a huge blow to KC. The reason they shredded everything besides 2 high was because of Hills ability to take the top off and with that gone you could see a lot more teams decide to simply all out blitz and double Kelce.
Reply/Quote
Him not being on their offense would be HUGE. This is what happens when you have to pay your QB. Take notes
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 12:41 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Him not being on their offense would be HUGE. This is what happens when you have to pay your QB. Take notes

It's not so much pay your QB, it is a bit of an issue because Adams deal set a new benchmark Hill wanted to be at and the timing was not good.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 12:32 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I would prefer the Jets. Miami is closer to competitive than NY, but preference is NFC.

Yeah, let him go play with Uzomah.
Reply/Quote
I’m sure the chiefs want the jets to win. Their first round pick is much higher, and they could get a pick of whoever they want at WR. If they go with Miami, they should still have some good options available.

This could be a big pendulum swing in the AFCW. Hill fits perfect to what the chiefs want to do.

With this said, good business on tyreek hill. With speed being his best attribute, a leg injury could hurt his chance of landing this contract later.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals go to the Super Bowl and the entire league loses its mind.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 01:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Bengals go to the Super Bowl and the entire league loses its mind.

Yes they would go crazy. But Bengals/Rams game did very well with ratings so follow the money. Joe B. has become a media icon quickly.

I also hope he goes to NFL, say the Packers who just lost Adams.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 12:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: It's not so much pay your QB, it is a bit of an issue because Adams deal set a new benchmark Hill wanted to be at and the timing was not good.

True..... But pretty sure the gigantic contract for mahomes is also part of this. You can't pay everyone. We will run into this soon is what I was getting at. So we need to take advantage now
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 01:29 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: True..... But pretty sure the gigantic contract for mahomes is also part of this. You can't pay everyone. We will run into this soon is what I was getting at. So we need to take advantage now

right once Chase and Burrow are off them rookie deals...
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 01:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: right once Chase and Burrow are off them rookie deals...

The thing that killed the Chiefs and other teams also was instead of cap increase in 2021, the cap decreased so huge swing for teams banking on an increase in 2021. They did contracts under that assumption of an increase so it killed them so they had to restructure deals pushing cap to future years. Now some are in cap hell as a result,

Now, I don't know what the cap looks like in 2023 and beyond, but projections are for huge increases each year in the cap due to 17 game schedule and new renewals of some of the Tv contracts.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 01:36 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The thing that killed the Chiefs and other teams also was instead of cap increase in 2021, the cap decreased so huge swing for teams banking on an increase in 2021. They did contracts under that assumption of an increase so it killed them so they had to restructure deals pushing cap to future years. Now some are in cap hell as a result,

Now, I don't know what the cap looks like in 2023 and beyond, but projections are for huge increases each year in the cap due to 17 game schedule and new renewals of some of the Tv contracts.

True,

Forgot about that! And hey who knows what the f this Watson deal is going to do. The browns go and mess up the entire NFL pay structure. I feel like something crazy could come as a result
Reply/Quote
Just read trade is expected to happen this afternoon. If so, that was quick.

Jets or Dolphins?

I prefer Dolphins, but if I am Hill due to taxes forget NY taxes and go to no state tax in Florida.

Reply/Quote
Just read he's going to Miami

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1506670698835623951?s=20&t=2R02CQdgqrPPDnOqz7CqSQ
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 01:39 PM)GodFather Wrote: Just read he's going to Miami

Lol. Hope he can take the 6 yard pass and turn it into 75 cause Tua can't throw the ball. This is great. Defenses will NOT play him the same way at all with Tua the trash can. Trust me
Reply/Quote