Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THIS is what black people be talking about…
This is one of those Who's Going To Take The Bait threads. It is also scrapping the bottom of the garbage can for Negativity after Bengals won 2 games in 5 days. The fact is not everybody on this site is a Bengal Fan. The only thing I will say on RACE is that OUR BENGALS could be back in First Place in the AFC North RACE today. If Browns and Ravens lose, which I've posted on elsewhere. To me that is a Positive to hope for today for Bengals players and fans, as opposed to the Who Will Take The Bait Negative Threads.

GO BENGALS in the AFC North RACE.

Tiger Who Dey Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Especially when they shunned burkhead for hill.
Reply/Quote
New rule: when people discuss diversity problems, they have to start with the owners. 

Why should minorities be systematically locked out of ownership of NFL franchises? What are the exceptions, Green Bay and Jaxonville? 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 01:12 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Now rule: when people discuss diversity problems, they have to start with the owners. 

Why should minorities be systematically locked out of ownership of NFL franchises? What are the exceptions, Green Bay and Jaxonville? 

Is there some sort of history of black people trying to buy franchises and get passed over? If so then I agree. If not are you gonna make rich black people buy a franchise?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 11:23 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: We do have Mike Browns children and grandchildren running a lot of management positions but idk if that counts for diversity since it’s family?

Side note: it’s not Mike Browns fault that Akili was such a bust it scared him away from black quarterbacks. (I jest of course but how many black QB’s have been on the team since the 90’s? Josh Johnson? And he’s played on I think every team in the league)

You must be a new fan.... the name Jeff Blake mean anything to you?
Reply/Quote
They also have on their staff Troy Walters who will be a head coach one day and in the Front Office Trey Brown who will be a GM one day soon.

Like many brand new coaches, Zac hired from among the people he has worked with through the years. It is a reality to point out that this practice often limits the opportunity of minorities as they were blocked out of older staffs and thus never became known to newer coaches. That often changes as their circle widens as they move up in the coaching ranks with more time and experience.

The writer ignores the fact that there has been very little turnover from Zac's staff. It's been a mixed bag of diversity among the hires in the limited openings they have had in the last 3 years. That will likely change next season when one or both of our coordinators will move on. We'll be able to judge how diverse the staff becomes over the next several years. As the Bengals said this is a snapshot that she is using to damn them despite Brown's longstanding commitment to diversity

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 11:11 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Uh Marvin Lewis was our coach for how many years? Literally carried the black head coach ratio for over a decade. Not to mention giving Hue Jackson his chance. Vance Joseph? Those are the ones on top of my head. Lot of white guys came through here too.

Marvin did save Paul Brown... the team was in horrible decay before he came, even with #1 picks and more. I wish Marvin would return to the NFL. 
As for this article, it's good to give everyone a chance. I hate when they just grab head coaches from one team to another, kinda like CEOs, they just shuffle around companies regardless theyre good or not, just 'cause they have a CEO title before, they need to promote from within more.
Reply/Quote
There were several black defensive coordinator candidates (and other position coaches) that the Bengals were interested in before Lou Anarumo was hired. And the Bengals are very loyal to their coaches until they absolutely fall. Marvin was the same with his players but he also had a lot of personal bias as to which players he liked and didn't like. I think that is inevitable unless you have a team legacy like the Steelers or Raiders, although we see with the Raiders that the reputation for tough play means the fan base doesn't always support the most talented players.
Reply/Quote
I refuse to click on that article.

Click bate and Comical at best. These authors really should be fired for stupidity but as long as they get clicks I recon their employer doesn't care.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 02:17 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I refuse to click on that article.

Click bate and Comical at best. These authors really should be fired for stupidity but as long as they get clicks I recon their employer doesn't care.

It’s comical at a certain point. Even just a good 10 minutes of research would show you the Bengals are actually LEADERS in diversity in the staff.

Unless this article is implying a more individualized critique of Zac and not the Bengals as a whole, then this article is clown shit. And even if it’s more of a Zac Taylor thing i don’t think it holds much water. You can’t dock a guy for giving people he knows a shot on his staff.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 12:37 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Looks White AND Black to me.  Smirk

[Image: 3a2cd21d-44dd-4666-8f0e-efb405d881c5-DSC...lowres.jpg]

[Image: JE6VFv5.gif]

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 01:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You must be a new fan.... the name Jeff Blake mean anything to you?

Well Blake was pre Akili Smith busting which was the joke.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 11:09 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: If you added up the years that each team has had a non-white head coach, the Bengals would be #1. There may be a lack of diversity on the staff now, but I don’t know that it’s a big issue given the Bengals history…we have never been reluctant to have people of color in important positions.

I would've thought the Raiders.
Reply/Quote
Journalism is D..E..A..D

Reply/Quote
This team let lewis stick around far longer than any other franchise would have but sure their the problem.
Reply/Quote
Imagine writing about "systemic racism" in a sport where blacks are over-represented compared to the population. Winning trumps everything in the NFL and nobody cares if a coach is purple if they win.

If you want a good laugh click on this so-called sport-writers byline to see what qualifies as sports journalism in that rag. If she really cared about diversity she'd quit her job to make room for a POC. Gannett's circulation continues to tank and it will be a happy day when this hack and a bunch more like her get laid off. Learn to code, Karen.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 12:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah taking a couple year snapshot and basing an opinion on it is just stupid.  I’d still like to know what the right number is and what that’s based on.

There is no right number and thats the point.  It could be 100% and these race hustlers will still try and find racism because thats what activists pretending to be journalists will do.  
Reply/Quote
Notice that she uses "POC" to try to dodge the demographic representation question. Really, we need more Somoans on the coaching staff. Is Domata Peko interested in coaching?
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 05:45 PM)motoarch Wrote: This team let lewis stick around far longer than any other franchise would have but sure their the problem.

Only like a decade though 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 04:05 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I would've thought the Raiders.

You’re right.

Tom Flores had 9 years, Art Shell had 7 years, and Hue Jackson had 1. So…more than the 16 years by Marvin Lewis.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote