Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TV viewership down 13% NFL Debut
(09-16-2020, 03:50 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Tucker and Whitlock link please?

Reply/Quote
Please refrain from calling each other liars. And remember,discuss issues and not each other.

:andy:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 04:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote:

Interesting.  I think I get the jist of what he is trying to say.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 01:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: People who really love this country want to fix its problems.

It is like having an alcoholic brother.  It is possible to say he has a problem and still love him.  The people who stick their heads in the ground and say he is the greatest brother ever don't really love him.

That argument works the other direction too, though.

The Democratic platform is that systemic racism and carbon emissions are the source most all the nations problems.  Naturally, Republicans do not feel that way.  The Republican platform is that the drift away from traditional values, globalism, and liberal encouraged lawlessness are the source of most all the nations problems.    

A Republican could just as easily accuse a Democrat of not loving their country because Dem's will not acknowledge the issues they perceive as problems.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 03:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't even have to watch FOX News. Fred is always kind enough to tell me what I watched and believed.

I will say I'm sad I missed the episode where they called Fred a racist.

That’s odd because you claim you can tell us what we’re going to say before we say it.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 08:04 PM)Von Cichlid Wrote: That argument works the other direction too, though.

The Democratic platform is that systemic racism and carbon emissions are the source most all the nations problems.  Naturally, Republicans do not feel that way.  The Republican platform is that the drift away from traditional values, globalism, and liberal encouraged lawlessness are the source of most all the nations problems.    

A Republican could just as easily accuse a Democrat of not loving their country because Dem's will not acknowledge the issues they perceive as problems.

So, the problem with your assertion about the Republican platform is that it doesn't really jive. The "traditional values," yeah, that has been a hallmark of the GOP for a while (which is problematic in its own right, but I'm not going to get into that right now). However, globalism has been a big part of the Republican platform since the Reagan era. Both free market policies and interventionist policies have been a part of the Republican platform and are hallmarks of a globalist agenda. As for the lawlessness, well, that's a hard sell considering the number criminal acts committed by people in and around the current administration, even going so far as to commute or pardon some of them. Seems like a promotion of lawlessness by the current president and enabling by the Republicans in Congress as they refuse to hold him accountable.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 07:53 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, the problem with your assertion about the Republican platform is that it doesn't really jive. The "traditional values," yeah, that has been a hallmark of the GOP for a while (which is problematic in its own right, but I'm not going to get into that right now). However, globalism has been a big part of the Republican platform since the Reagan era. Both free market policies and interventionist policies have been a part of the Republican platform and are hallmarks of a globalist agenda. As for the lawlessness, well, that's a hard sell considering the number criminal acts committed by people in and around the current administration, even going so far as to commute or pardon some of them. Seems like a promotion of lawlessness by the current president and enabling by the Republicans in Congress as they refuse to hold him accountable.

Trump attacked DeBlasio in his ABC townhall by comparing him to Rudy. He claimed that crime was a lot worse under DeBlasio, but it's nearly half what it was under Rudy. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 08:04 PM)Von Cichlid Wrote: That argument works the other direction too, though.

Democrats tell Republicans that they disagree with their policies, but they don't accuse them of hating the country.

That is what we are talking about.  Republicans elected a President based on his claims that America had problems, but when Democrats claim America has problems Republicans say that is unpatriotic and proof that they "hate America"

So, no, it does not go both ways.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 05:36 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Interesting.  I think I get the jist of what he is trying to say.

Please explain it to me.

Police refuse to do their jobs because they don't like being criticized so they are the ones to blame for increased crime rates.

No democrat is saying we should do away with law enforcement.  Instead they are saying we should reduce the role of law enforcement and use those funds to deal with problems that law enforcement should not have to deal with like people having mental health issues.

Whitlock and Carlson are twisting the truth in order to support their false opinion.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Democrats tell Republicans that they disagree with their policies, but they don't accuse them of hating the country.

No, they just accuse them of hating a specific group of people by calling them racist or sexist. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Please explain it to me.

Police refuse to do their jobs because they don't like being criticized so they are the ones to blame for increased crime rates.

I'll take assuming facts not in evidence for $1000, Alex.

Quote:No democrat is saying we should do away with law enforcement. 

You really want to go with that absolute statement?

Quote:Instead they are saying we should reduce the role of law enforcement and use those funds to deal with problems that law enforcement should not have to deal with like people having mental health issues.

Some of them are saying that, sure.

Quote:Whitlock and Carlson are twisting the truth in order to support their false opinion.

No, they're just interpreting the same things you are in a different way, a way that you don't like.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:09 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No, they just accuse them of hating a specific group of people by calling them racist or sexist. 

C'mon Phil, we both know that never happens.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Please explain it to me.

No democrat is saying we should do away with law enforcement.  Instead they are saying we should reduce the role of law enforcement and use those funds to deal with problems that law enforcement should not have to deal with like people having mental health issues.

Whitlock and Carlson are twisting the truth in order to support their false opinion.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/06/12/minneapolis-city-council-unanimously-votes-to-replace-police-with-community-led-model/#7bb8be0471a5

Say What

You mean like when the Dems don't do their jobs to keep the citizens of their cities safe?

False opinion according to you.   
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 06:23 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/06/12/minneapolis-city-council-unanimously-votes-to-replace-police-with-community-led-model/#7bb8be0471a5

Say What

You mean like when the Dems don't do their jobs to keep the citizens of their cities safe?

False opinion according to you.   

Just to be clear, they would not be doing away with law enforcement, they would be replacing the Minneapolis police department as it is currently structured with a holistic, community based "public safety system". 

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 06:40 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Just to be clear, they would not be doing away with law enforcement, they would be replacing the Minneapolis police department as it is currently structured with a holistic, community based "public safety system". 

I figured someone was going to say that.  lol.

I wonder how that public safety system would have handled that crazy dude who got shot because he chased the cop with a big knife?

That is exactly the type of call they would have sent a social worker to instead of a cop.  According to the sister she was just trying to figure out how to get him mental health.  You would probably have 1 or 2 dead public safety system people.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 06:40 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Just to be clear, they would not be doing away with law enforcement, they would be replacing the Minneapolis police department as it is currently structured with a holistic, community based "public safety system". 

C'mon Bmore.  You know I dig you but that's parsing hairs at best.  Fred said no Dem has stated they want to get rid of law enforcement.  Replacing law enforcement with a community based "public safety system" is getting rid of law enforcement.  Personally I hope they do it so I can watch in bemused amazement at the resulting shitshow.  Sadly a lot of law abiding citizens are going to victimized and the quality of life in that city will go into the toilet all to feed the social justice inflated ego of these elected buffoons.  Of course, they'll still have access to their publicly funded private security detail.  

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/07/14/officials-152k-spent-on-private-security-for-some-minneapolis-city-council-members/
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 07:14 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I figured someone was going to say that.  lol.

I wonder how that public safety system would have handled that crazy dude who got shot because he chased the cop with a big knife?

That is exactly the type of call they would have sent a social worker to instead of a cop.  According to the sister she was just trying to figure out how to get him mental health.  You would probably have 1 or 2 dead public safety system people.

(09-18-2020, 07:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: C'mon Bmore.  You know I dig you but that's parsing hairs at best.  Fred said no Dem has stated they want to get rid of law enforcement.  Replacing law enforcement with a community based "public safety system" is getting rid of law enforcement.  Personally I hope they do it so I can watch in bemused amazement at the resulting shitshow.  Sadly a lot of law abiding citizens are going to victimized and the quality of life in that city will go into the toilet all to feed the social justice inflated ego of these elected buffoons.  Of course, they'll still have access to their publicly funded private security detail.  

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/07/14/officials-152k-spent-on-private-security-for-some-minneapolis-city-council-members/

I understand and I’d feel similarly if someone suggested a complete reform with public education, but my emotions and opinions aside, the alternative would be education, even if I thought it was less effective.

I don’t have to agree with Minneapolis, but suggesting that their alternative would be inherent lawlessness is disingenuous.

Reply/Quote
Sorry to post something that is on topic, but if viewership drops another decimal point or so next week, it's because I decided to spend quality time with my kid instead of watching the sorry ass Bengals. It has nothing to do with knees, cops, BLM, hating America, Trump, black national anthems, or politics.

They suck, and I have other options.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 09:24 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I understand and I’d feel similarly if someone suggested a complete reform with public education, but my emotions and opinions aside, the alternative would be education, even if I thought it was less effective.

Except no one's calling for an end to public education. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 02:47 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Except no one's calling for an end to public education. 

Ida know, there are assertions that teachers are overpaid, lazy, and union-slugs and that public education is a bunch of liberal brainwashing...methinks there is more of a movement to undermine and undercut public education than you think.
Reply/Quote