Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tampa Bay Game Ball
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 12:53 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, he beat Tristan Wirfs, who is one of the best young RT’s in the league. For his first game you really can’t get much better than that.

Yeah, they said Wirfs gave up one sac all last year, and Ossai got him in the 1st quarter.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2021, 11:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: it's preseason for all of us, so no poll or nominees, just who did you like?

Personally I think that Shumur guy has Joe looking over his shoulder

Shurmur blows you are being sarcastic of course...

Ossai gets the game ball sacking the GOAT with Tampa's 1's.

Also thought Prince had a great game and Sample at DE.

Pollack, Hobby, Golden and even Lou coached up their position groups very well.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 11:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

HEE HEE HEE HEE! Hilarious

Love being right about a Bengal's pick! Extend Bates!!!

Joseph Ossai!!! Rock On
Reply/Quote
Joe Mixon tweeted something to the effect when they drafted Ossai that he "hates to say it because of where he played, but they just got a monster" I believe that may be his most accurate tweet to date.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 08:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I can't believe I am saying this, but after watching Isiah Prince, I think I know why they aren't looking for a backup tackle.  He was very solid all night.  

Can't agree with you here. He looked the most lost. Couple of plays stood out to me where he was just out matched and blocking air.

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Irwin had a good night, I agree with that. But I thought both D'Ante and Prince stood out in great play on the OL.

Patrick was solid, love his down hill running, need to use him on the goal line instead of a smaller back like Evans even if he
got into the end zone. I just don't understand running small running backs at the goal line. Much easier to stack up.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 03:24 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Can't agree with you here. He looked the most lost. Couple of plays stood out to me where he was just out matched and blocking air.

Think you were looking at a different player.
Reply/Quote
snap counts

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Will have to watch Hodge more when I watch the game again, Bachie was the LB who stood out to me the most the first
time around. But sure sounds like Hodge had a great game. Maybe he can push Evans out who I thought played poorly.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 03:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Think you were looking at a different player.

It was definitely him. Had to check the number. Wish I had a way of pulling the plays.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 04:33 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: It was definitely him. Had to check the number. Wish I had a way of pulling the plays.

Yeah I was watching a different player. D'Ante Smith was the guy playing great, not Prince who played solid IMO.

Sutherland and especially Vogel played bad from what I saw.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 04:33 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: It was definitely him. Had to check the number. Wish I had a way of pulling the plays.

I'm not sure what your expectations were, but his positives far, far outweighed his negatives. He looked shaky on a couple stunts early but corrected that later, was stoning guys in passpro and blocking them out of the picture on runs, most times. He wasn't perfect by any stretch but he was damn good overall, and he moved from LT to RT later in the game. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 10:11 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Keep in mind, the Chuck Norris references, in the past, have been the KoD. 

Just sayin. 

Flashbacks of Vigil thread.

Reply/Quote

(08-15-2021, 04:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah I was watching a different player. D'Ante Smith was the guy playing great, not Prince who played solid IMO.

Sutherland and especially Vogel played bad from what I saw.

Actually the only "whif" i saw of the night was when we had Smith playing OT. He allowed the RB to get blown up in the backfield. The good news is both he and Prince did well and Smith was very pissed about his missed block
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 05:01 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Flashbacks of Vigil thread.

Keith Rivers, Vigil...

Anyone else i'm forgetting?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 04:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm not sure what your expectations were, but his positives far, far outweighed his negatives. He looked shaky on a couple stunts early but corrected that later, was stoning guys in passpro and blocking them out of the picture on runs, most times. He wasn't perfect by any stretch but he was damn good overall, and he moved from LT to RT later in the game. 

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by Prince's and Price's play. Both played better than I expected by a wide margin.

(08-15-2021, 05:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually the only "whif" i saw of the night was when we had Smith playing OT. He allowed the RB to get blown up in the backfield. The good news is both he and Prince did well and Smith was very pissed about his missed block

Was that on the RB fumble where D'Ante recovered it?
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 05:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by Prince's and Price's play. Both played better than I expected by a wide margin.

Was that on the RB fumble where D'Ante recovered it?

Billy Price must have slept with someone's girl from PFF. Here's his grades for the game last night. 

Overall 30.9
Run 42.9
Pass  0.0

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 05:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Billy Price must have slept with someone's girl from PFF. Here's his grades for the game last night. 

Overall 30.9
Run 42.9
Pass  0.0

Lol, there is no way he was that bad. I guess I have seen him so bad that this is a pleasant surprise or PFF is full of it.
Reply/Quote