Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tampa Bay Game Ball
(08-15-2021, 08:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good choice. Irwin had a great preseason game. I still go with Ossai vs. the 1's of the best team in football.

Don't make me jinx the dude Nate.  But I'm gonna' have to agree.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Price PFF grade is beyond bad. Price actually was solid and played a lot of snaps.

As far as game ball, definitely #58 Ossai who played like a hungry junk yard dog and beat a very good LT for a sack. We had a lot of guys play well including our entire DL who stuffed the running game for 4 quarters. They helped our LB's by not allowing OL to get to the second level.

I like Irwin, he did not play like 4th string on the depth chart. He may not make team, but should be a PS player if not. I thought our rookies did very well last night, they need to continue to progress as they are the future. I thought the 2 running backs Evans and Patrick played well, Evans has some quick moves and Patrick power. I think if Patrick learns to hit the hole lower, he could be a beast and great goal line back.

On a side note, I loved the chemistry and leadership on display from our starters watching and coaching once they were removed from the game. These guys seem to really like each other which can help a team be successful.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
[Image: cin-vs-tb-snap-counts.jpg]

[Image: screen-shot-2021-08-15-at-103538-am.png]

Reply/Quote
I'll have to go back and watch the first series or two at least. But really glad to hear the D in particular came out on fire! Would really love to see that right out of the gate this year. Excellent news!
Reply/Quote
58....wow.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 03:24 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Can't agree with you here. He looked the most lost. Couple of plays stood out to me where he was just out matched and blocking air.

You just made me rewatch the game and watch only him every play, thanks BB  Hilarious .  There were only about 10 plays where you could get on him for something and that is if you're nitpicking.  Most of them being on runs when he was on the backside and not getting his head or body across fast enough.  

Two or three of those plays I would consider bad reps.  One was a screen where he was uncovered on the weakside and the defender diagnosed it immediately so he whiffed on him.  One 3rd and 9 he gave up a pressure but we completed the pass for a first down or close to a first down.  One stunt he looked a little weird on but figured it out and helped the guard in the end as he should've with nobody left outside.  
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2021, 07:33 PM)bonesaw Wrote: You just made me rewatch the game and watch only him every play, thanks BB  Hilarious .  There were only about 10 plays where you could get on him for something and that is if you're nitpicking.  Most of them being on runs when he was on the backside and not getting his head or body across fast enough.  

Two or three of those plays I would consider bad reps.  One was a screen where he was uncovered on the weakside and the defender diagnosed it immediately so he whiffed on him.  One 3rd and 9 he gave up a pressure but we completed the pass for a first down or close to a first down.  One stunt he looked a little weird on but figured it out and helped the guard in the end as he should've with nobody left outside.  

It was D'Ante Smith that balled out, not Prince. He wasn't terrible though like Vogel.

Pretty nice that we can only ***** about backups. I like it going against those dudes.
Reply/Quote