Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tart visiting
Teair Tart is visiting the bengals.
Reply/Quote
I’m all about this. There isn’t much left out there available. Still relatively young. And has had some solid production at times.

Sounds like a guy who wants big money. He got the second round RFA tag from the Titans last year and was mad he didn’t get a long term contract. Then I don’t know what happened with the falling out in Tennessee but he got cut mid season and the coaching staff and front office cleaned out after the season. One year deal and a lot of playing time for a winning team and he might end up getting that big pay day. But I don’t think it’s coming this year.
Reply/Quote
Uh..... is he one of the guys Karras had a problem with in our playoffs vs Tennessee?
Reply/Quote
1 year deal plus a NT rookie and what more can we do at the position at this point.

They are really playing the trust card this offseason. I still trust them. But they are going to have to nail the draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 05:42 PM)Yogo Wrote: Uh..... is he one of the guys Karras had a problem with in our playoffs vs Tennessee?

Karras has had his fair share of issues with many (but the board isn't quite ready to talk about that yet). 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Sign Tart and Becton and I’m ready for the draft. Anything after that would be icing on the cake.
Reply/Quote
Tart will be fine for us. He is a NT, handles the run well and even has a little pass rush pop. Putting him next to Rankins gives us an IDL that is better than last season. Next stop will be probably DT in the 2nd round of the draft to really nail it all down.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 05:42 PM)Yogo Wrote: Uh..... is he one of the guys Karras had a problem with in our playoffs vs Tennessee?

From what I remember that was a regular season game a couple years ago where Simmons was going for Ted's knees.

Don't think they had Tart at the time.

(03-14-2024, 05:52 PM)Joelist Wrote: Tart will be fine for us. He is a NT, handles the run well and even has a little pass rush pop. Putting him next to Rankins gives us an IDL that is better than last season. Next stop will be probably DT in the 2nd round of the draft to really nail it all down.

The coaches wouldn't sign him or even bring him in if they thought he was a cancer of any sort. When he has been focused, Tart has 
played very well at times. In the end I think we are better rushing the passer from the interior going into this season than last for sure. 

We will have to wait on seeing if we are better at stopping the run without Reader though. Bell being back and helping with alignment,
communication and us having a healthy Hubbard and Wilson should surely help against the run.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 05:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: 1 year deal plus a NT rookie and what more can we do at the position at this point.

They are really playing the trust card this offseason. I still trust them. But they are going to have to nail the draft.

You missed the big signing of Rankin
Reply/Quote
Too bad he doesn't play Right Tackle, because then we could have Tart the FART.. Ninja

Seriously, I hope his getting benched and sat for the remainder of the season calmed his attitude a bit. The Bengals have worked really hard to eradicate negative vibe guys from their organization. Would really be a shame to let one back in, just because they are so desperate for a body to play NT.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 06:36 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You missed the big signing of Rankin

How many times must people set you straight that Rankins doesn't play Nose Tackle? He plays 3-tech, the same position as BJ Hill.

Rankins is smaller and leaner than BJ Hill as well.

Tart plays NT even if he only weighs around 305 pounds, certain players are NT's and certain players are 3-tech's.

We need a guy like Tart (if his attitude is good) and a future like Sweat (might have to trade back in the 1st for him).

(03-14-2024, 06:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Too bad he doesn't play Right Tackle, because then we could have Tart the FART..  Ninja

Seriously, I hope his getting benched and sat for the remainder of the season calmed his attitude a bit.  The Bengals have worked really hard to eradicate negative vibe guys from their organization.  Would really be a shame to let one back in, just because they are so desperate for a body to play NT.

I highly doubt we let him in if he has a problem. I like how Zac, Lou and our coaches make sure to have Captains and selfless players.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 06:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Too bad he doesn't play Right Tackle, because then we could have Tart the FART..  Ninja

Seriously, I hope his getting benched and sat for the remainder of the season calmed his attitude a bit.  The Bengals have worked really hard to eradicate negative vibe guys from their organization.  Would really be a shame to let one back in, just because they are so desperate for a body to play NT.

Maybe we can ring up Bobby Hart and grab Tart too. Now that would be a stinky fart
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 09:33 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Maybe we can ring up Bobby Hart and grab Tart too. Now that would be a stinky fart

We are such dirty boys on this board I gotta say.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 09:33 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Maybe we can ring up Bobby Hart and grab Tart too. Now that would be a stinky fart

I’d rather call Paul Blart over Bobby Hart.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 06:36 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You missed the big signing of Rankin

(03-14-2024, 09:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: How many times must people set you straight that Rankins doesn't play Nose Tackle? He plays 3-tech, the same position as BJ Hill.

Tart plays NT even if he only weighs around 305 pounds, certain players are NT's and certain players are 3-tech's.

We need a guy like Tart (if his attitude is good) and a future like Sweat (might have to trade back in the 1st for him).

It's a never ending river of bad takes, for years.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 09:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: How many times must people set you straight that Rankins doesn't play Nose Tackle? He plays 3-tech, the same position as BJ Hill.

I highly doubt we let him in if he has a problem. I like how Zac, Lou and our coaches make sure to have Captains and selfless players.

By gawd nate just broke him in half(JRs voice)!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
If we sign Tart, I doubt we draft a DT in 1st 2 Rounds.

They'll go wr/cb/maybe T.
Reply/Quote
I have a feeling that even if they sign Tart and Becton we will still be taking OL/DL in Rds 1 and 2. Probably OT Rd 1 and DT Rd 2 to double down on both.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 12:20 AM)Joelist Wrote: I have a feeling that even if they sign Tart and Becton we will still be taking OL/DL in Rds 1 and 2. Probably OT Rd 1 and DT Rd 2 to double down on both.

They need CB and WR too. Especially if Boyd leaves.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 11:15 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I’d rather call Paul Blart over Bobby Hart.

But does Blart have as Tart of a fart as Hart? Ok, I'll see myself out.
Reply/Quote