Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tate Time
With Higgins status looking all but set according to Hobspin...

https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-monday-night-win-over-steelers-became-bengals-recruiting-poster-mixon

Quote:_Rookie right guard Jackson Carman inched closer to his first NFL start Sunday when Xavier Su'a-Filo (knee) didn't work for the second straight day. Wide receiver Tee Higgins (shoulder), who played every game as a rookie last year, is on pace to miss his first game when he didn't work again Thursday. Starting cornerback Trae Waynes returned to practice for the first time since he injured his hamstring a month ago. He went limited and is probably going to be inactive again on Sunday.

We are going to need Tate to step up if big Sunday. The only other wideout I'd trust in there as the 3rd is Irwin. And I'm not quite sure what that says about our depth if Tate can't finally make the leap.

The rookie interior will be active.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Higgins will be missed if he doesn't play. Hopefully we can spread the ball around a little more than we have been. It might be an ugly low scoring game.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 08:12 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Higgins will be missed if he doesn't play. Hopefully we can spread the ball around a little more than we have been. It might be an ugly low scoring game.

It probably would be even with Higgins and XSF.
Steelers are 9th in the league in Points Allowed, and they played BUF and LV (12th in Points For, 7th in Points For).

Given the number of Steeler fans around Nashville, I probably won't bother trying to find a bar to watch the game. I can't stand being around Steeler fans when they play the Bengals.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 08:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It probably would be even with Higgins and XSF.
Steelers are 9th in the league in Points Allowed, and they played BUF and LV (12th in Points For, 7th in Points For).

Given the number of Steeler fans around Nashville, I probably won't bother trying to find a bar to watch the game. I can't stand being around Steeler fans when they play the Bengals.

Yeah your probably right on the score. I don't blame you on not going to the bar if there's a bunch of sports of Steelers fans that sounds horrible. I live in the Columbus area and I made the mistake of going to a B Dubs for a Browns Bengals thursday night game. It was like a Browns fan club in there and it was horrible. 
Reply/Quote
And here we go with the injuries again...
Reply/Quote
I think Tate needed to convert to a TE 4 years ago and he would probably have a good, long,, NFL career. Obviously he's had a longer NFL Career than anyone on this board but you don't see many WR "make the leap" in year 4.

Unfortunately I assume once his cheap contracts aren't viable anymore he will be gone and out of the league since he doesn't give much on special teams. He's okay as a 4th/5th receiver but I don't see him providing much as a 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 08:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It probably would be even with Higgins and XSF.

Given the number of Steeler fans around Nashville, I probably won't bother trying to find a bar to watch the game. I can't stand being around Steeler fans.

Fixed it for you.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

When the play the Bengals?  I can't stand being around them anywhere.  
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 09:40 PM)TheFan Wrote: I think Tate needed to convert to a TE 4 years ago and he would probably have a good,  long,, NFL career. Obviously he's had a longer NFL Career than anyone on this board but you don't see many WR "make the leap" in year 4.

Unfortunately I assume once his cheap contracts aren't viable anymore he will be gone and out of the league since he doesn't give much on special teams. He's okay as a 4th/5th receiver but I don't see him providing much as a 3rd.

He's not going to make any leap. He is as good as he ever will be. He runs good routes and has tremendous hands. His limiting factor is speed, and he's just not going to get any faster. If there is a breakout game, it could be by Irwin.
Reply/Quote
Boyd and Chase better have really good games if Tate is starting.
Reply/Quote
Auden Taint
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 09:03 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Boyd and Chase better have really good games if Tate is starting.

They are going to have to have really good games regardless...

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 08:07 PM)jj22 Wrote: With Higgins status looking all but set according to Hobspin...

https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-monday-night-win-over-steelers-became-bengals-recruiting-poster-mixon

We are going to need Tate to step up if big Sunday. The only other wideout I'd trust in there as the 3rd is Irwin. And I'm not quite sure what that says about our depth if Tate can't finally make the leap.

The rookie interior will be active.

If Higgins is out, we need to use Sample and Uzomah to pick up the slack. The Steelers have injuries also, they seemed to figure it out, we need to do the same.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 08:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He's not going to make any leap. He is as good as he ever will be. He runs good routes and has tremendous hands. His limiting factor is speed, and he's just not going to get any faster. If there is a breakout game, it could be by Irwin.

Agreed. That's why I think he could have been a good tight end, if he figured out the blocking aspect. He's fast enough to beat linebacker coverage but not DBs. 
Reply/Quote
For Tate to step up Burrow has to actually
Locate him on the field and deliever the ball
Burrow has done a less than average
Job spreading the ball around in 2 games so far.
In fact JB has regressed this year.
He is missing wide open targets who have cleanly
Beat their defender.
He needs to reclaim that swagger he had a LSU

Tate when given the targets has proven he can
Move the chains
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 08:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He's not going to make any leap. He is as good as he ever will be. He runs good routes and has tremendous hands. His limiting factor is speed, and he's just not going to get any faster. If there is a breakout game, it could be by Irwin.

Agreed. I think his ceiling is what we saw back in 2019 when he had 575 yards across 12 games.
That was back when he was basically WR2 due to injuries.
If he played a whole season as a starter, I could see him in the 700-900 range, but I doubt he'll ever reach 1000+ yards in a season.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 08:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: When the play the Bengals?  I can't stand being around them anywhere.  

While they are difficult to be around normally, it's especially bad when they're playing against your team.
They taunt when their team is winning and get ultra-aggressive when their team is losing.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 09:03 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Boyd and Chase better have really good games if Tate is starting.

[Image: 2305992_0.jpg]
Reply/Quote
All we need is one good game from him. I agree he's likely gone after this season. A game like he had against Baltimore a couple years back should suffice.

Reply/Quote
People think I hate Tate because I am always calling out the people who claim he could be a starter. Actually I am fine with him as a #4 or #5 WR. He is limited in some ways, but so are most #4 or #5 WRs.

The key is to just use him as a short possession receiver. He can be effective in that role.
Reply/Quote