Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tate delivered today.
(11-01-2020, 08:41 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Quick question: Does AJ Green offer us anything at this point that Tate cannot?

To me they look very similar. They appear to be about the same speed, they're running very similar routes, and they're about the same height. Green may be a little quicker, but Tate is bigger and stronger.

They almost looked like clones to me seeing their routes run, and I had to double-check to see if it's 18 or 19 that came up with the reception.

If we were able to ship off AJ in the next couple days I don't think we'd miss him one bit. Curious to hear what others think.

Agreed. And I actually think Tate is probably a little more reliable tbh. At least going up for a jump ball, or not getting outmuscled.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 08:41 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Quick question:  Does AJ Green offer us anything at this point that Tate cannot?

To me they look very similar.  They appear to be about the same speed, they're running very similar routes, and they're about the same height.  Green may be a little quicker, but Tate is bigger and stronger.  

They almost looked like clones to me seeing their routes run, and I had to double-check to see if it's 18 or 19 that came up with the reception.

If we were able to ship off AJ in the next couple days I don't think we'd miss him one bit.  Curious to hear what others think.

I dont.send AJ out the door. Any WR is a play away from being on the IR. We still AJ for his mentorship and his veteran leadership. He.needs to.retire a Bengal. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 08:41 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Quick question:  Does AJ Green offer us anything at this point that Tate cannot?

To me they look very similar.  They appear to be about the same speed, they're running very similar routes, and they're about the same height.  Green may be a little quicker, but Tate is bigger and stronger.  

If we were able to ship off AJ in the next couple days I don't think we'd miss him one bit.  Curious to hear what others think.

AJ's Indy game was a lot better overall than Tate's game today, plus it came against a much tougher defense.  AJ may potentially have a few 100 yard games left in him this year.  Today was the best game Tate has played in his pro career, IMO, and was still 3rd on the team in receiving yards behind Higgins and Boyd

I think it would hurt us to move AJ, but we aren't making the playoffs so it would make sense to do so.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 08:51 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I dont.send AJ out the door. Any WR is a play away from being on the IR. We still AJ for his mentorship and his veteran leadership. He.needs to.retire a Bengal. 

So you want to re-sign him? Because I’d be very wary of that. Unless he gives us an absolutely ridiculous discount.

Reply/Quote
Tate did play well today. Let's be clear what he is - a possession receiver. And teams NEED at least one good possession WR for the offense to function effectively. It looks like Tee Higgins will be the #1 WR and Boyd the middle man.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 09:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So you want to re-sign him? Because I’d be very wary of that. Unless he gives us an absolutely ridiculous discount.
Yes I resign him at a discount. 
Reply/Quote
There was one play where he caught a short pass and was running through defenders fighting for a first down.

I'm starting to feel like they might have enough at receiver if they keep Boyd/Higgins/Tate around. Might want to start looking for a really good pass catching TE in the draft. Burrow would be even more dangerous with that kind of player.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 08:42 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Taylor commented on this during post game. Said after watching last week’s game they made getting the ball to Tate more, a priority.

Along with the catches and first downs, I saw him make a few nice blocks in the run game too.

Good to see a Nole getting it done. I think people lose sight that Auden was a 7th rounder. While he's always had good hands especially on contested balls, there is going to be some time developing a guy like that. He didn't see much time at all under Marvin, used in a stretch last season, and has dressed and played a lot this season. Burrow starting to build real chemistry with him, and the staff is showing confidence in him. I don't care if he runs a 10 second 40, he's light-years better than Ross.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 09:26 PM)samhain Wrote: There was one play where he caught a short pass and was running through defenders fighting for a first down.

I'm starting to feel like they might have enough at receiver if they keep Boyd/Higgins/Tate around. Might want to start looking for a really good pass catching TE in the draft. Burrow would be even more dangerous with that kind of player.

Especially in the red zone.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 09:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So you want to re-sign him? Because I’d be very wary of that. Unless he gives us an absolutely ridiculous discount.

I disagree, he has been underused today he had had 7 targets and 7 catches.. great hands.. he is not going to break the bank.. Burrow needs this type of player.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 09:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I disagree, he has been underused today he had had 7 targets and 7 catches.. great hands.. he is not going to break the bank.. Burrow needs this type of player.

He clearly doesn’t. We won the game and AJ had 19 yds.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 09:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I disagree, he has been underused today he had had 7 targets and 7 catches.. great hands.. he is not going to break the bank.. Burrow needs this type of player.

Not sure where you’re getting 7 catches from either. He had 2.

Reply/Quote

I hate say it, but I think it's time. Just my opinion here, he just seems to be missing something. He's getting outmuscled for contested catches, the burst isn't there.
Reply/Quote

(11-01-2020, 09:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He clearly doesn’t. We won the game and AJ had 19 yds.

(11-01-2020, 09:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not sure where you’re getting 7 catches from either. He had 2.

I think one of you is talking about Green and the other is talking about Tate.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 09:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He clearly doesn’t. We won the game and AJ had 19 yds.

Great game by Tate today but I'd guess that AJ draws the tougher match-ups. I wonder at what stage defenses start paying more attention to Tate than AJ?

What Burrow gives us though is the opportunity to bump up the value of receivers. Each year we should sign at least one buy-low candidate on a  one year prove it deal with the intention of flipping them at the trade deadline or collecting compensatory picks when they grab a big deal at the end of the next year.
Reply/Quote
I'm fine with Higgins, Boyd, Tate and the fastest guy they find in the mid-rounds of the 2021 draft being the top 4 guys next year. If they give AJ a reasonable contract to retire a Bengal, I wouldn't complain, but I won't sweat if he leaves.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 09:55 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think one of you is talking about Green and the other is talking about Tate.

Essex has a habit of being so eager to disagree with me he doesn’t read my posts very carefully lol

Reply/Quote
If they mark him inactive one more time I’m going to drop anchor in Anarumo’s driveway.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 09:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I disagree, he has been underused today he had had 7 targets and 7 catches.. great hands.. he is not going to break the bank.. Burrow needs this type of player.

Pretty sure he was questioning the idea that we should resign AJ not Tate.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 09:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Essex has a habit of being so eager to disagree with me he doesn’t read my posts very carefully lol

Kind of spooky he’s still posting from the grave. Ninja
Reply/Quote