Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor / Burrow
How do you guys feel about Taylor putting 61 attempts on Burrow? Are you afraid He will seat Burrow into the ground because he knows his seat is getting hot, and will try and win at any cost?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 01:38 PM)Tony Wrote: How do you guys feel about Taylor putting 61 attempts on Burrow? Are you afraid He will beat Burrow into the ground because he knows his search is getting hot, and will try and win at any cost?

His search is getting hot?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
It is concerning. Burrow is getting hit, a lot. I don’t think this is a competitive team this year. I’m not a fan of letting Burrow toss the ball 61 times and get the shit beat out of him.
Reply/Quote
Burrow will being getting an IcyHot commercial soon enough.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 01:42 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It is concerning. Burrow is getting hit, a lot. I don’t think this is a competitive team this year. I’m not a fan of letting Burrow toss the ball 61 times and get the shit beat out of him.

I don't think that was the plan.  If the defense had showed up at all, it probably wouldn't have been that way.

Also, I would say while the number of unblocked rushers hitting him was bad, Burrow contributed to the overall number of hits by holding the ball to make plays.

I gotta say, I just love watching Burrow play.  He has magic in him.  All three of his TD passes were outstanding.   And I thought on the pass to AJ at the end of the first half that Burrow was trying to go back shoulder and AJ didn't read it right.  Burrow excelled on the back shoulder throw last year and he and AJ will get on the same page together.

He will be great.  But, yeah, please don't get him killed first.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I think our Oline is bad enough that we don't have time to throw many deep routes, but our QB is good enough that he can consistently get first down yardage via 2 to 3 shorter passes over and over again.

If you combine those two situations with being down 2 scores and therefore needing to pass rather than run, you are inevitably going to get a ton of passing plays.
Reply/Quote
It’s inexcusable to ask a rookie (especially with no preseason) to throw that much in his 2nd NFL start. It had been since 2003 the last time it happened.

You paid Joe Mixon all this money, figure the ground game the **** out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 02:06 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think our Oline is bad enough that we don't have time to throw many deep routes, but our QB is good enough that he can consistently get first down yardage via 2 to 3 shorter passes over and over again.

If you combine those two situations with being down 2 scores and therefore needing to pass rather than run, you are inevitably going to get a ton of passing plays.

Want more deep ball opportunities? You need more success in the run game to draw defenders into the box.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Give. Burrow. A. Clean. Pocket.

Trade if you have to. Even just 1 more capable lineman will make a world of difference. Hopefully at least we get Adenjii out there next game. The most recent Oline configuration was not good enough.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 02:12 PM)Synric Wrote: Want more deep ball opportunities? You need more success in the run game to draw defenders into the box.

Well, that goes back to the bad oline.

Our defense giving up touchdowns all night didn't help either.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 01:42 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I’m not a fan of letting Burrow toss the ball 61 times and get the shit beat out of him.

And run the ball 7 times...

He's on pace for 120 carries.  That's more than Deshaun Watson has ever had, is actually more than even Gio Bernard has had in the last 4 years.  That amount of rushes would put him on par with peak Cam Newton.

This guy is taking WAY too many hits.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 01:38 PM)Tony Wrote: How do you guys feel about Taylor putting 61 attempts on Burrow? Are you afraid He will beat Burrow into the ground because he knows his seat is getting hot, and will try and win at any cost?

I highly doubt that was ever the plan going in, but rather just the way the game turned out.  I think that as the weeks go by, and the OL settles into a solid unit, we'll see a dramatic shift on emphasis of establishing the run.

As for "will try and win at any cost"?  Isn't that kinda what happens in the competitive arena?  Would you be happier if we had a coach with an iron fist who decided to maybe "limit Joe's throwing attempts", or "force the run, no matter how deplorable the results"?  Personally, I think that they are just allowing Joe to be himself, and grow into the game, taking on as much as he's ready for at any given moment.  When the OL catches up to speed, and they will, Joe is going to be a headliner in this league.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 02:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s inexcusable to ask a rookie (especially with no preseason) to throw that much in his 2nd NFL start. It had been since 2003 the last time it happened.

You paid Joe Mixon all this money, figure the ground game the **** out.

This makes ignoring the ground game even more mind boggling? 
[img]http://[Image: power-rangers-dinozords-ranking-tigerzor...mhpcjr.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote
You guys want ZT to win games but you also want him to pound the rock with a running game that is ineffective. Which is it? Lol

Burrow won’t have to throw 50+ times if the running game gets fixed and the defense can keep the game close. Until those things happen, I expect lots of throws, unnecessary hits and ill advised scrambles. There is a chance he gets RG3d, but if you want them to limit his throws, expect a lot more 3 and outs!
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 02:43 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: You guys want ZT to win games but you also want him to pound the rock with a running game that is ineffective. Which is it? Lol

Burrow won’t have to throw 50+ times if the running game gets fixed and the defense can keep the game close. Until those things happen, I expect lots of throws, unnecessary hits and ill advised scrambles. There is a chance he gets RG3d, but if you want them to limit his throws, expect a lot more 3 and outs!

It’s his job to figure out why the run game isn’t working. They figured it out in the second half of last season.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 02:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s his job to figure out why the run game isn’t working. They figured it out in the second half of last season.

100% this. He needs to talk to his buddy Turner and get this shit squared away quickly. Mixon should be getting 20-25 touches a game. They started to get him involved passing and then suddenly stopped. Use Mixon. He's an important part of the offense. Why our genius HC/OC wants to let our franchise QB get crushed a ton each game is beyond mind boggling.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 03:13 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: 100% this. He needs to talk to his buddy Turner and get this shit squared away quickly. Mixon should be getting 20-25 touches a game. They started to get him involved passing and then suddenly stopped. Use Mixon. He's an important part of the offense. Why our genius HC/OC wants to let our franchise QB get crushed a ton each game is beyond mind boggling.

Just curious here, what makes you think that Taylor "wants" Burrow to get crushed a ton?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 02:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s his job to figure out why the run game isn’t working. They figured it out in the second half of last season.

Or is that Callahans job? What does that guy exactly do lol
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 03:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Just curious here, what makes you think that Taylor "wants" Burrow to get crushed a ton?

Wow. I didn't think that would be taken so literally. The fact that we abandon the run game and threw the ball 61 times. I find it hard to believe that our boy wonder HC/OC can't see that our OLine is horrible. However, we still attempted 61 passes.

I doubt that Taylor truly "wants" to let Burrow get his ass handed to him, just saying that it appears that way with the play calling.

I'm really surprised that got taken that way.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 03:28 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Or is that Callahans job? What does that guy exactly do lol

Turner, Callahan, Taylor, Tobin.  They all have a hand in presenting this OL, who do you finger the blame on?  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote