Poll: What's our final record (NO ties allowed!)
This poll is closed.
13-4
0%
0 0%
12-5
0%
0 0%
11-6
7.41%
4 7.41%
10-7
12.96%
7 12.96%
9-8
31.48%
17 31.48%
8-9
16.67%
9 16.67%
7-10
24.07%
13 24.07%
6-11
5.56%
3 5.56%
5-12
1.85%
1 1.85%
Total 54 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Record Predictions at the Bye
Ok, nine games down, eight to go. So, let's go on record and predict how we believe the team will finish.  This should be a fun thread to review come January 9, 2022.

The remaining games:

Sun, Nov 21 @ Las Vegas
Sun, Nov 28 vs Pittsburgh
Sun, Dec 5 vs Los Angeles Chargers
Sun, Dec 12 vs San Francisco

Sun, Dec 19 @ Denver
Sun, Dec 26 vs Baltimore
Sun, Jan 2 vs Kansas City

Sun, Jan 9 @ Cleveland

Personally, I believe we split the final eight and finish 9-8 for our first winning record since 2015.  What say you?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 11:01 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Ok, nine games down, eight to go. So, let's go on record and predict how we believe the team will finish.  This should be a fun thread to review come January 9, 2022.

The remaining games:

Sun, Nov 21 @ Las Vegas

Sun, Dec 19 @ Denver
Sun, Dec 26 vs Baltimore

Sun, Jan 9 @ Cleveland

Personally, I believe we split the final eight and finish 9-8 for our first winning record since 2015.  What say you?

I think many would have considered 9-8 a success at the beginning of this year. It probably won’t get us in the playoffs, but it’s a step.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 11:01 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Ok, nine games down, eight to go. So, let's go on record and predict how we believe the team will finish.  This should be a fun thread to review come January 9, 2022.

The remaining games:

Sun, Nov 21 @ Las Vegas

Sun, Dec 19 @ Denver
Sun, Dec 26 vs Baltimore

Sun, Jan 9 @ Cleveland

About where I'd put it as well....a couple of games better than my initial prediction.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm going to say 10&7 wins over @Raiders, Vs Pittsburgh, Vs Chargers, @ Denver, @ Browns.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I predict our record at the bye to be 5-4
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
9-8.

I think this team's flaws are getting exposed, but we still have a ton of talent.

I don't think the defense will be this bad the rest of the way, and I know the offense can put up points.

We'll just remain inconsistent.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I predicted 9-10 wins at the start of the season, so I'll stick with that and voted 10.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 11:01 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Ok, nine games down, eight to go. So, let's go on record and predict how we believe the team will finish.  This should be a fun thread to review come January 9, 2022.

The remaining games:

Sun, Nov 21 @ Las Vegas

Sun, Dec 19 @ Denver
Sun, Dec 26 vs Baltimore

Sun, Jan 9 @ Cleveland

7-10 based on how we are playing
Reply/Quote
All signs point to 5-12.

I don't think people realized we've played our playoff game/Superbowl already.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 10:07 AM)jj22 Wrote: All signs point to 5-12.

I don't think people realized we've played our playoff game/Superbowl already.

Man, I would hate to live life as such a negative person.
Reply/Quote
You hate to live in reality (especially when it comes to the Bengals). We've already established that about you around here.

Bengals never prove the naysayers/pessimist wrong rather in the media or fanbase. Don't be mad at us. Be mad at them for proving us right so much.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 10:11 AM)jj22 Wrote: You hate to live in reality (especially when it comes to the Bengals). We've already established that about you around here.

It's "Your" reality that the Bengals will not win any more games. We'll see how that works out for you.
Reply/Quote
History proves us right all the time when it comes to the Bengals. Your anger at me or any poster who doesn't live in your alternative jungle is misdirected.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 10:11 AM)jj22 Wrote: Bengals never prove the naysayers/pessimist wrong rather in the media or fanbase. 

Never? You do realize like 1 person picked us to beat the Ravens. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 12:30 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I predict our record at the bye to be 5-4

I'll be honest, I thought someone brought back a thread from preseason to see who was closest to being right.  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 10:13 AM)jj22 Wrote: History proves us right all the time when it comes to the Bengals. Your anger at me or any poster who doesn't live in your alternative jungle is misdirected.

I have no anger towards you....
Reply/Quote
"We" are worse than the team treating the Ravens win as the Superbowl. I can see the offseason now. But but but we beat the Ravens!

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 10:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I have no anger towards you....

Good, because the less optimistic posters were like you decades ago. But fool me once on you, fool me 20+ years and....... I won't be fooled again. Or shamed for not being fooled again.

Posters like myself and other should never be shamed. We've had our hearts broken enough over the decades for posters to demand us continue to believe the unbelievable. 

Reply/Quote

The remaining games:

Sun, Nov 21 @ Las Vegas

Sun, Dec 19 @ Denver
Sun, Dec 26 vs Baltimore

Sun, Jan 9 @ Cleveland

This team is good enough to beat any team in the NFL and inconsistent enough to lose to any team in the NFL, so I'm going to just take the average and say they split and go 9-8.

The most likely wins are Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Denver and Cleveland, but maybe they beat LV and drop the Pittsburgh game. Maybe they beat the Chargers but drop the 49ers game. Who knows at this point. This team is basically impossible to predict because they can play so amazingly or so terribly based on seemingly no change or impetus.

Here's hoping we beat the average.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 10:31 AM)jj22 Wrote: Good, because the less optimistic posters were like you decades ago. But fool me once on you, fool me 20+ years and.......

Posters like myself and other should never be shamed. We've had our hearts broken enough over the decades for posters to demand us continue to believe the unbelievable. 

Nobody is demanding anything, but there is such a thing as being over the top with the negativity. If it's that heart breaking and frustrating for you, why even bother? I'd probably go fishing or something. 
Reply/Quote