Poll: What's our final record (NO ties allowed!)
This poll is closed.
13-4
0%
0 0%
12-5
0%
0 0%
11-6
7.41%
4 7.41%
10-7
12.96%
7 12.96%
9-8
31.48%
17 31.48%
8-9
16.67%
9 16.67%
7-10
24.07%
13 24.07%
6-11
5.56%
3 5.56%
5-12
1.85%
1 1.85%
Total 54 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Record Predictions at the Bye
(11-10-2021, 11:46 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Winning a playoff game is the goal accomplishing this as a 1 seed or a 7 seed doesn't matter

Yes, it would be nice, but we look like fertilizer for the seed, right now.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I have about as much of an idea of what this team is right now at midseason as I did before the Minnesota game. I wouldn't be surprised to see them win 11. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go in the toilet and only get 7.

The Raiders game should be pretty telling. It's winnable bought also not to be taken lightly. If they can't go to Vegas and win, things are going to start getting pretty bleak. Pittsburgh is scrapping right now and won't be an easy out. I see the two games as games the Bengals have to win to keep hope of a playoff birth alive in any realistic way.

I think that if health is decent, a 7 win team warrants a firing of Anarumo for sure, and maybe even Zac. There's no way you keep a guy like that when the team has shown what it's capable of a few times and can't replicate it consistently. The ship has to be righted and Zac needs to prove that he's capable of bringing them back from the disasters of the last 2 weeks.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 11:17 PM)samhain Wrote: I have about as much of an idea of what this team is right now at midseason as I did before the Minnesota game.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them win 11.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them go in the toilet and only get 7.  

The Raiders game should be pretty telling.  It's winnable bought also not to be taken lightly.  If they can't go to Vegas and win, things are going to start getting pretty bleak.  Pittsburgh is scrapping right now and won't be an easy out.  I see the two games as games the Bengals have to win to keep hope of a playoff birth alive in any realistic way.

I think that if health is decent, a 7 win team warrants a firing of Anarumo for sure, and maybe even Zac.  There's no way you keep a guy like that when the team has shown what it's capable of a few times and can't replicate it consistently.  The ship has to be righted and Zac needs to prove that he's capable of bringing them back from the disasters of the last 2 weeks.

If they win seven, I think Zac stays and Lou gets the axe.

I hope to hell I'm wrong with this scenario.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 11:17 PM)samhain Wrote: I have about as much of an idea of what this team is right now at midseason as I did before the Minnesota game.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them win 11.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them go in the toilet and only get 7.  

The Raiders game should be pretty telling.  It's winnable bought also not to be taken lightly.  If they can't go to Vegas and win, things are going to start getting pretty bleak.  Pittsburgh is scrapping right now and won't be an easy out.  I see the two games as games the Bengals have to win to keep hope of a playoff birth alive in any realistic way.

I think that if health is decent, a 7 win team warrants a firing of Anarumo for sure, and maybe even Zac.  There's no way you keep a guy like that when the team has shown what it's capable of a few times and can't replicate it consistently.  The ship has to be righted and Zac needs to prove that he's capable of bringing them back from the disasters of the last 2 weeks.

Agreed. If this team loses both games, then I believe it to be over as far as any playoff aspirations are concerned.  At 5-6, we'd probably need to climb over five or so teams to reach that 7th seed, a herculean task given there would still be games against a Ratbird team looking for payback, at oxygen-deprived Denver (where it rarely goes well, 2017 notwithstanding), and up at the Factory of Sadness in January in weather more suitable for traversing ice flows to grab a seal.  

It all comes down to the next two.  
Reply/Quote
Now that the regular season is over, let's take a look back at what we were thinking at the bye.

Congrats to the seven individuals who thought we'd finish 10-7. I thought that was a little too optimistic, but we managed that while essentially throwing a game.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 10:59 AM)motoarch Wrote: Im going to say 11-6.

Lets do this!

We don't rest our starters this week and this prediction isn't that bad.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 07:03 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Now that the regular season is over, let's take a look back at what we were thinking at the bye.

Congrats to the seven individuals who thought we'd finish 10-7.  I thought that was a little too optimistic, but we managed that while essentially throwing a game.

[Image: bowing-james-corden.gif]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Warms up engine....takes victory lap....

While I am at it, I will add that I said they would beat Denver, then beat the Rats, then be on a high and beat KC and be able to rest their starters against the Browns...

All that and I come home to find I had been elected to our HOF!

What a week!

Oh, and yes, I am predicting the Bengals beat the Raiders and Titans and beat the Bills (I know they have been floundering, but I have a hunch they beat KC) in the AFC Title game and beat them. Then, they beat the Packers and Burrow tells Rogers he can have the MVP, he got what he wanted.

Of course, Burrow has too much class to say that, but the smirk will say it all.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 10:07 AM)jj22 Wrote: All signs point to 5-12.

I don't think people realized we've played our playoff game/Superbowl already.

(11-09-2021, 10:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Man, I would hate to live life as such a negative person.

(11-09-2021, 10:11 AM)jj22 Wrote: You hate to live in reality (especially when it comes to the Bengals).

(11-09-2021, 10:13 AM)jj22 Wrote: History proves us right all the time when it comes to the Bengals. 

Perfect example of "realist" logic.

Proves how little connection their opinion has with "reality".
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 08:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Warms up engine....takes victory lap....

While I am at it, I will add that I said they would beat Denver, then beat the Rats, then be on a high and beat KC and be able to rest their starters against the Browns...

All that and I come home to find I had been elected to our HOF!

What a week!

Oh, and yes, I am predicting the Bengals beat the Raiders and Titans and beat the Bills (I know they have been floundering, but I have a hunch they beat KC) in the AFC Title game and beat them.  Then, they beat the Packers and Burrow tells Rogers he can have the MVP, he got what he wanted.

Of course, Burrow has too much class to say that, but the smirk will say it all.

Keep on with the favorable predictions so I can enjoy a Super Bowl victory.
Reply/Quote