Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Tells Dunlap To Stay Home!
(10-28-2020, 10:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He knows the Bengals are building towards the future, and he will not be part of it.

He knows that right now they are building toward a future of 4 wins every season.

Taylor has had two years to fix this team and it has gotten WORSE instead of BETTER.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:03 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Just looked on overthecap. Wouldn't the Bengals already be on the hook for all workout bonuses and signing bonus proration this year? His salary plus game bonuses equal $8.3M, I believe the new team would be on the hook for half of that since it's midseason. I also believe trading him would be a net positive for the Bengals cap. 

His 2021 salary, game bonuses & workout bonus equal $11.1M. That may be the tricky part, but I think there is zero cap hit for his new team if they cut him. 

I already answered but yes. We would be on the hook for 4.5 million in dead money but would free 6 million (prorated out) in salary for the year so a net gain. My guess would be anyone trading for him would be looking at him as a one-year rental and potentially a restructure next year if he is decent.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: No team would have given a 2nd for him at this point in his career. Maybe a 3rd, more likely a 4th.

That's fine if that's what you think. There's no way for us to know. My point is that they would have gotten a lot better value if they didn't wait.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He knows that right now they are building toward a future of 4 wins every season.

Taylor has had two years to fix this team and it has gotten WORSE instead of BETTER.

While this is true, it doesn’t excuse Dunlap for taking his frustrations to social media and making things public like a *****
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 09:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: That is exactly why Dunlap wants out. He can't stand his 3 wins in 23 games bullshit.

They claim they can't find a trade partner, but it is because teams know the Bengals will release him.  He won't be unemployed a week.

I doubt we release him as his dead cap is $2 Mil more than his cap hit. If we cannot find a trade partner I see us giving him the T.O. treatment and I dig it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:04 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's pathetic that people are actually pointing to his snap count and acting like he would be better if he played more snaps. He played more snaps in the earlier games, and sucked. He is putting zero effort into this year. This is ALL on him no matter how much people want to put it on the coaches. If he put forth some effort, he would still be atop the depth chart.

I am not saying Dunlap is playing great.  I am saying it is comical that people are acting like the coaches or other players are doing any better.

Dunlap has a long solid history in the NFL.  he has a good resume and has earned some respect.  Zac Taylor and his staff are a bunch of clowns who have never done anything, and right now they are on a run for one of the worst records in NFL coaching history.

I realize it can take time to turn a team around, but in two years we have shown zero progress.  Even if we were not a playoff contender this year we should have shown some improvement over last season.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 09:56 AM)Au165 Wrote: We'd assume 4.5 Million in dead cap this season. A team trading for him would assume the rest of his salary for the year, so about 6 Million.

unless an offset is agreed to simply to get rid of him

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The anti-bullying guy bullied the team into trading him. Coolio.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He knows that right now they are building toward a future of 4 wins every season.

Since Taylor got here....

Defensive Line- regressed. Reader brought it to stop the run, injured and gone for the season

Linebacker corp- Younger, faster, playing better and is improving with each game

Defensive Backfield- IMO Better with the addition of Alexander. Waynes is still an unknown, but his pedigree says he will also be an improvement

Offensive Line- Bad when he got here, still bad, but Williams is a bright spot.

QB- Way Better!!!

Running Backs- Mixon and Bernard signed to long term deals - Improvement

TE's- Uzomah is out for season, so injury regression

WR's- Higgins will be a star in this league for a long time. AJ is AJ, playing his way back... Boyd plays like a man with his hair on fire. Improvement

It's not happening overnight, but like I said, building for the future. A couple of more hits on the OLine and Dline, and this team is a contender.

Dunlap is just mad he's not going to be a part of it and knows it.
Reply/Quote
Lol

Once again the Bugles are DOING IT WRONG

You work out a trade BEFORE you announce anything like this, or you just release him and avoid this drama.

They run a Football team so hilariously; it's like every decision is calculated to be the wrong one.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:12 AM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Lol

Once again the Bugles are DOING IT WRONG

You work out a trade BEFORE you announce anything like this, or you just release him and avoid this drama.

They run a Football team so hilariously; it's like every decision is calculated to be the wrong one.

They didn't announce anything, it's leaked...most likely from Dunlap's people. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Albert Breer
@AlbertBreer
We mentioned in the MAQB (http://buff.ly/3dZC9vT) that Dunlap's effort on Sunday was seen as inexcusable, and that the tape reinforced that for the staff. Which is only making it more difficult to trade him.

Not much of a market out there for him.

So not much of a market for Dunlap due to last Sunday's game film?

Since Dunlap only played 12 of 52 snaps I wonder what kind of market there would be for the players and coaches responsible for those other 40 snaps?

It is pathetic to blame that shit show on a guy who only played 20% of the snaps.

Love the "accountability" from this new staff.  Hilarious

When given higher snap counts, earlier in the season, his production was way below the standard we've come to expect from a player of his reputation.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:13 AM)Au165 Wrote: They didn't announce anything, it's leaked...most likely from Dunlap's people. 

from Dunlap himself.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:13 AM)Au165 Wrote: They didn't announce anything, it's leaked...most likely from Dunlap's people. 

Gottcha, thanks

I mean, what did they think would happen?

Just release him and be done 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:16 AM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Gottcha, thanks

I mean, what did they think would happen?

Just release him and be done 

Just eat that money instead of trying to get anything from it. Gotcha.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:10 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not saying Dunlap is playing great.  I am saying it is comical that people are acting like the coaches or other players are doing any better.

Dunlap has a long solid history in the NFL.  he has a good resume and has earned some respect.  Zac Taylor and his staff are a bunch of clowns who have never done anything, and right now they are on a run for one of the worst records in NFL coaching history.

I realize it can take time to turn a team around, but in two years we have shown zero progress.  Even if we were not a playoff contender this year we should have shown some improvement over last season.

So we should keep him playing even if he can't/doesn't give a shit about performing this season because he used to be good ? OK  :andy:
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Love the "accountability" from this new staff.  Hilarious

It was about accountability. 

The coaching staff decided to play Sam Hubbard and Carl Lawson over Dunlap because both were playing better than him. Dunlap threw a hissy fit and and was a problem so he has received less and less snaps each week until we are here....

Dunlap is the issue here not the coaching staff.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Maybe they can trade for one of these guys.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:22 AM)Synric Wrote: It was about accountability. 

The coaching staff decided to play Sam Hubbard and Carl Lawson over Dunlap because both were playing better than him. Dunlap threw a hussy fit and and was a problem so he has received less and less snaps each week until we are here....

Exactly

It's just the spin master trying and failing once again.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:22 AM)Synric Wrote: It was about accountability. 

The coaching staff decided to play Sam Hubbard and Carl Lawson over Dunlap because both were playing better than him. Dunlap threw a hissy fit and and was a problem so he has received less and less snaps each week until we are here....

We spent years asking Marvin/Tobin to hold Burfict/Pacman/etc. accountable and when finally do it...it's now spun as being bad? The results of the team are what they are, but not sure how one can use that as any justification for Dunlap's actions or this upcoming move. What Dunlap has done the last few weeks is Antonio Brown levels of self-destructive behavior. 
Reply/Quote