Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Tells Dunlap To Stay Home!
(10-28-2020, 10:10 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not saying Dunlap is playing great.  I am saying it is comical that people are acting like the coaches or other players are doing any better.

Dunlap has a long solid history in the NFL.  he has a good resume and has earned some respect.  Zac Taylor and his staff are a bunch of clowns who have never done anything, and right now they are on a run for one of the worst records in NFL coaching history.

I realize it can take time to turn a team around, but in two years we have shown zero progress.  Even if we were not a playoff contender this year we should have shown some improvement over last season.

So this is what it looks like when Fred snaps? Damn. But to rebuttal, last year they were in the game in the fourth quarter a total of 4 times. They've already matched this this year not even half way there. I am right here with you saying this staff is bad, but they have shown some progress. But at this point it will be 2025-2030 before we even get to the playoffs lol
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If you can't win football games at least you can win a pissing contest.  The Steelers, Ravens, and even the lowly Browns are all well over .500 and we are in the basement of the AFC North patting our franchise on the back for winning a fight against one of our own players.  Oof.

I mean, nuts to Dunlap but lordy we are dying for scraps here. 
Reply/Quote
I'm with them.. **** Carlos...
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:23 AM)sloSTI Wrote: Maybe they can trade for one of these guys.

Dallas has the worst run defense in the league, giving up nearly 180 yards a game. If they release these guys, it ain’t worth it.

It is interesting for Poe, though. Former Pro Bowler AND he was an All Pro (second team) in 2013. He’s only 30. Surprising to see him slide so far.
Reply/Quote
There really is no point for him being in the locker room around players or coaches. Sounds like they gave the crybaby a time out.
Reply/Quote
Getting him away from the rest of the team is the right move, I'm just not sure winning 2 or so games per year and dealing with mutiny is the sort of culture change we wanted in the post Marvin era. Too many shades of the 90s going on right now, but I guess the arrow can be pointing up.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: No team would have given a 2nd for him at this point in his career. Maybe a 3rd, more likely a 4th.

I'm betting on a 6th is the highest, and they should take it.  Addition by subtraction and with the cap issues hitting the NFL next year, draft picks will be even more valuable.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:29 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If you can't win football games at least you can win a pissing contest.  The Steelers, Ravens, and even the lowly Browns are all well over .500 and we are in the basement of the AFC North patting our franchise on the back for winning a fight against one of our own players.  Oof.

I mean, nuts to Dunlap but lordy we are dying for scraps here. 

[Image: 4k53sv.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I doubt we release him as his dead cap is $2 Mil more than his cap hit. If we cannot find a trade partner I see us giving him the T.O. treatment and I dig it.

The way that is calculated is a little (very) confusing. 

The number you're seeing is a pre-release amount.  Essentially what happens is, when you release a player early you assume any remaining years dead cap number as well.  So by releasing him in 2020 you assume 2021's 2.25 mil dead number a year in advance.  The actual total cap used doesn't change, you're just eating money in advance. (We can carry 2.25 mil now, or we can carry in it 2021, depending on his release date) It's just moving it a year forward.

There's also different numbers for post 6/1 releases, which is what this is.  Here they are:

Pre-6/1 Release 2020 Dead Cap: $12,800,000 2020 Cap Savings: $-1,812,500
Pre-6/1 Trade 2020 Dead Cap: $5,000,000 2020 Cap Savings: $5,987,500

Post-6/1 Release 2020 Dead Cap: $10,550,000 2021 Dead Cap: $2,250,000 2020 Cap Savings: $437,500
Post-6/1 Trade 2020 Dead Cap: $2,750,000 2021 Dead Cap: $2,250,000 2020 Cap Savings: $8,237,500

We would still save cap space by releasing him now, and we'd zero out any cap for next year.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:04 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's pathetic that people are actually pointing to his snap count and acting like he would be better if he played more snaps. He played more snaps in the earlier games, and sucked. He is putting zero effort into this year. This is ALL on him no matter how much people want to put it on the coaches. If he put forth some effort, he would still be atop the depth chart.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5641363]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:31 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Dallas has the worst run defense in the league, giving up nearly 180 yards a game. If they release these guys, it ain’t worth it.

It is interesting for Poe, though. Former Pro Bowler AND he was an All Pro (second team) in 2013. He’s only 30. Surprising to see him slide so far.

Poe was the only one ive heard of, and surprised to see his name on the trading block. Having a bad run defense doesn't mean these guys aren't good. Bengals have a bad run defense, and I think a couple of them could play significant time on other teams. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:14 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When given higher snap counts, earlier in the season, his production was way below the standard we've come to expect from a player of his reputation.  

.....and pay grade....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
It's clear Dunlap is done with Cincinnati and its coaches.

I just wish they kept it more under wraps. He's basically destroyed his trade value because every team knows that, eventually, we'll just have to cut him. So there's no reason to bid for him in the trade market.

Of course, if he kept it under wraps, then there wouldn't be this motivation to trade him in the first place, so I guess it's an inevitable thing *shrug*.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:42 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: [Image: 4k53sv.jpg]

I will say those assertions that 5 straight one and dones were better than winning the SB and then having multiple losing seasons in a row seem pretty hollow now.  Lordy!
Reply/Quote
I wish the team would tell Zac Taylor to stay home. Dunlap needs to go too, but he'll go down as one of the greatest players in franchise history.

Zac Taylor, on the other hand, will go down as one of the worst coaches in NFL history at this rate. I can't blame Dunlap for not wanting to waste his final productive years under this failed coach and incompetent owner.
Reply/Quote
I'd take literally any draft pick for him at this point. If not, then just release his ass. Then release everyone on the coaching staff's ass. Then bring in an ass to be a GM.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
can they also tell atkins to stay home since he's taking paycheck and being unproductive or what. from what i hear they're asking too much for him and carlos.

I like how this is the first change we make instead of firing lou.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:57 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It's clear Dunlap is done with Cincinnati and its coaches.

I just wish they kept it more under wraps. He's basically destroyed his trade value because every team knows that, eventually, we'll just have to cut him. So there's no reason to bid for him in the trade market.

Of course, if he kept it under wraps, then there wouldn't be this motivation to trade him in the first place, so I guess it's an inevitable thing *shrug*.

before burrow, nobody wanted to be in cincy. its' like before lebron nobody wante to be in CLE, even when he was here he had trouble attracting talent.

Nobody wants to play for Mike Brown, but people want to play for Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 11:07 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: before burrow, nobody wanted to be in cincy. its' like before lebron nobody wante to be in CLE, even when he was here he had trouble attracting talent.

Nobody wants to play for Mike Brown, but people want to play for Joe Burrow.

Reader, Waynes, Bell, Alexander...

Reply/Quote