Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Tells Dunlap To Stay Home!
(10-28-2020, 11:05 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: can they also tell atkins to stay home since he's taking paycheck and being unproductive or what. from what i hear they're asking too much for him and carlos.

I like how this is the first change we make instead of firing lou.

Geno is injured. I can't remember who brought it up, maybe Paul Dehner, but they said Geno needs surgery and decided to let it heal enough early season to be able to play this season on a reduced workload.

As long as Geno doesn't go full Dunlap (you never go full Dunlap), I don't have an issue with him being on this year's team.  
Reply/Quote
Oh yes, Bengals are changing the culture alright...3 wins in 26 games. Zac taylor is a joke
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 09:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: That is exactly why Dunlap wants out. He can't stand his 3 wins in 23 games bullshit.

They claim they can't find a trade partner, but it is because teams know the Bengals will release him.  He won't be unemployed a week.

Seems like he was OK with the lack of wins "bullshit" until he started not being such an integral part of it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If his market is as bad as I think it might be, I only see two possible trade options:

1.) Trade him + a pick to move up a round. (Carlos + a 7th rounder for someone else's projected late 5th or 6th)

2.) Trade him for a conditional pick. (Trade value is determined by conditions set. i.e. 6th rounder if makes at least 4 starts)

Here's the big problem though, guys. Any team that wants him will take on 3.9 million in guaranteed 2020 salary. That's a pretty expensive rental. And if any team simply waited for him to be released they could "rent" him much, much cheaper.

But the people who are saying literally trade him for anything are 100% right. Literally any trade saves us 3.9 million. Those savings are almost more important than the compensation. Who cares if it's a 5th or 6th, just get that money off our books.

If we cut him, we're still on the hook for the 3.9 million, as his salary is fully guaranteed. So without finding someone to move that money over too, we're stuck with it.

If we get any offer we have to take it. And I sure hope we didn't pass on any earlier, thinking we could get more.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 09:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: That is exactly why Dunlap wants out. He can't stand his 3 wins in 23 games bullshit.

They claim they can't find a trade partner, but it is because teams know the Bengals will release him.  He won't be unemployed a week.

He's not mad about his record or he would have been mad last year. He's mad because his playing time got cut. Big difference. There are 52 other people who have the same record and are not acting atrocious. This team sucks and I would expect more disgruntled players if we don't win, but thats not what this is. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 11:17 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems like he was OK with the lack of wins "bullshit" until he started not being such an integral part of it.

Yep, he didn't start complaining till he was demoted. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He knows that right now they are building toward a future of 4 wins every season.

Taylor has had two years to fix this team and it has gotten WORSE instead of BETTER.

Carlos as amassed some numbers as a Bengal. But there comes a time when players start to decline
Physically. But there is no excuse for a well compensated player to simply give a 50% effort on gameday.
Maybe if Carlos actually gave a 100% then Carson Wentz doesnt score that game tying TD.
Dunlap has been invisable all year. When the defense needed a stop he fails to come through. 

Yes this coaching staff is not progressing in terms of wins. 

But when it comes to efffort on the field that falls on the player. 
Carlos in his career is not know for giving 100% on every play. Hes lazy at times. Unmotivated.
He was that way in the best of times. 

Changing the culture is just as much on the players as it is on the coaches to ownership.

I saw Margus Hunt give a better effort in one game then Dunlap has all year combined.
If Dunlaps attitude is so valid how come 52 other guys arent following his lead?

You know why. They posseess character in times of adversity. 
Reply/Quote
I hope Burrow had a say in this. This kid is a cancer and needed removed.

At some point Zac needs to be judged on his wins and losses, but right now I’m happy with what’s going on. This is accountability in Cincinnati finally. I’m at least happy with that.

Defense is still really bad, but the team has improved offensively with points scored at least. Last week was a good gan coached by Zac and I hope that cintinues
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:07 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: While this is true, it doesn’t excuse Dunlap for taking his frustrations to social media and making things public like a *****

You might not like it, but he did it for a reason, to get him out of this shit show and it worked. When was the last time a player quietly asked for a trade from this team and was granted it? The only way the Bengals will trade a player they think is good is if the player forces their hand by making a public outcry. Pickens, Dillon, Palmer and now Dunlap all got what they wanted AFTER they made their grievances public.
Reply/Quote
Stay home and don't bother standing by....

Hopefully that was their message.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:12 AM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Lol

Once again the Bugles are DOING IT WRONG

You work out a trade BEFORE you announce anything like this, or you just release him and avoid this drama.

They run a Football team so hilariously; it's like every decision is calculated to be the wrong one.

This is pretty standard across the league. I read all the time how a player is being shopped before his release.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 11:41 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: You might not like it, but he did it for a reason, to get him out of this shit show and it worked. When was the last time a player quietly asked for a trade from this team and was granted it? The only way the Bengals will trade a player they think is good is if the player forces their hand by making a public outcry. Pickens, Dillon, Palmer and now Dunlap all got what they wanted AFTER they made their grievances public.

Okay thats fair, but let's not pretend its because this team is bad. This team has been bad for going on four years. He didnt once complain until his palying time got reduced. So let's just make sure we clarify why he is being this way, its not because we suck, its because his playing time got cut. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 11:45 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Okay thats fair, but let's not pretend its because this team is bad. This team has been bad for going on four years. He didnt once complain until his palying time got reduced. So let's just make sure we clarify why he is being this way, its not because we suck, its because his playing time got cut. 

I think it's a couple of things:

1. Play time reduced
2. Having shitter guys play ahead of him
3. Changing scheme that doesn't suit him at all and is completely different than anything he's ever played

Not making excuses and he's still at fault (because you don't air your grievances like this), but it's a perfect storm of things going against him and if he isn't going to be called on to help, he wants out.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 11:45 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Okay thats fair, but let's not pretend its because this team is bad. This team has been bad for going on four years. He didnt once complain until his palying time got reduced. So let's just make sure we clarify why he is being this way, its not because we suck, its because his playing time got cut. 

I didn't say bad, I said shit show, that goes beyond bad. It's not just about a bad record, it's bad FO management, bad coaching, bad drafting.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 11:19 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: He's not mad about his record or he would have been mad last year. He's mad because his playing time got cut. Big difference. There are 52 other people who have the same record and are not acting atrocious. This team sucks and I would expect more disgruntled players if we don't win, but thats not what this is. 

Dunlap is not the only player on the team to request a trade. I'm sure multiple players are  displeased with Taylor's results and direction. They just haven't voiced their opinions publicly. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 11:53 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Dunlap is not the only player on the team to request a trade. I'm sure multiple players are  displeased with Taylor's results and direction. They just haven't voiced their opinions publicly. 

Right, those guys are handling it like professionals if that's the case. All of it is kinda lame, but posting the depth chart was straight Bush League.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
It's a shame that it got to this point and one sack way from being the all time team leader in Sacks.
None of this makes any sense either. Dunlap was know as a complete all around player for the majority of his career and then he gets benched because of Effort? Also he was a man of the year for the Bengals but then he acts like a complete ass to a complete psycho just to get out after he gets benched. That's not me defending Carlos that's me being confused by his actions.

Never would have expected this from him and I think he is getting terrible advice from someone because it just doesn't sound like him. There so many questions I have about this whole ordeal but I doubt we will ever get the full story.

I'm not mad just severely dissapointed all I wanted from this season was to see him, AJ, and Geno get a chance to compete and make it to the playoffs.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 11:41 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: You might not like it, but he did it for a reason, to get him out of this shit show and it worked. When was the last time a player quietly asked for a trade from this team and was granted it? The only way the Bengals will trade a player they think is good is if the player forces their hand by making a public outcry. Pickens, Dillon, Palmer and now Dunlap all got what they wanted AFTER they made their grievances public.

Palmer was behind the scenes until the team made it public IIRC. It also took Carson almost a decade to even tell part of what happened. Big difference.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 11:20 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yep, he didn't start complaining till he was demoted. 

In other words, he's gone "Full Kaeperdick"  Never go "Full Kaeperdick"

I hope Mike Brown calls down and tells them "Bench him, trade him or cut him, but do not let him get the franchise record" He should never step on the field in Bengals gear again.....
Reply/Quote
People are posting as if this is a binary issue: Dunlap is in the wrong or Bengals leadership is in the wrong. I think it more complex and indicative of our typical ride on the Bengals fandom train. It is easy to understand that Dunlap isn't acting professionally, but I also understand that it is probably frustrating to be part of a piss poor organization. Bengals management typically makes the wrong play when compared to how more successful franchises address difficult situations; everything is always a mess with the Brown family & Bengals. Being aware of this makes it easier for me to understand Dunlap's perspective. A reality also remains true that Zac Taylor and staff suck as evident by one of the most historically worst NFL coaching records ever to start a head coaching career. I'm surprised more players aren't taking their beef away from the sports-sacred locker room.

This thread doesn't have to be like sports talk radio: Binary and divisive in opinions to keep listeners; we can all understand Dunlap sucks right now with the lack of professionalism, but also understand because he's a a product of the sucky franchise. Anyhow, that's my diatribe.

It's always interesting to be a Bengals fan!
Reply/Quote