Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Tells Dunlap To Stay Home!
(10-28-2020, 12:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Our front office handles business just fine. They've released nothing on the Carlos situation. Carlos has bytched on Social media about how much better he is than his team mates, shared screenshots from practice, and is now crying because the team has separated him from the players that want to play here.

Right, but he asked for a trade this off-season and they didn't do it because they don't believe in making other teams better. That was a public statement. I want to re-iterate that Carlos is handling this like an idiot, but why did the FO not do the right thing and oblige his request? Are they so stubborn they think they can just completely ignore players request based off an unprofessional way of doing things? There clearly seems to be a HUGE communication gap and that falls directly on them. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 12:30 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: But that's the point I'm trying to make. We don't know if he did quietly request a trade before. That's the difference between quietly and what he is doing now. We only know all this stuff is going on because he is putting it out there, not the team. If all this was kept internally, we would have no clue on why he got demoted or why he was sulking on the bench.

Let's put our logical hat on for a minute.

IF Carlos had quietly asked for a trade before acting like a child don't you think he and his agent would have mentioned it by now?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 12:32 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Right, but he asked for a trade this off-season and they didn't do it because they don't believe in making other teams better. That was a public statement. I want to re-iterate that Carlos is handling this like an idiot, but why did the FO not do the right thing and oblige his request? Are they so stubborn they think they can just completely ignore players request based off an unprofessional way of doing things? There clearly seems to be a HUGE communication gap and that falls directly on them. 

Why are we making things up?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 12:14 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If he wanted to play for a team with a shot at a championship, why did he sign a contract here? He could have taken less money to join a team with better odds if that was how he felt.

I feel like we all knew it would be worse before it got better after losing Marvin. It was not going to instantly be a better team, there would be turnover. Why sign a 3 year contract for a team trying to rebuild??

Because the team has said all along and sold to their players that they weren't going into a rebuild. That's why they kept and extended so many veterans, but it's pretty easy to see that a rebuild is exactly what is going on now. There are probably some vets that feel they were sold a bill of goods when ZT was hired.

Teams that openly go into rebuild mode under a new coaching staff do what the Dolphins did. Clean house and get as many draft picks as possible, then rebuild with new FA's and rookies.
Reply/Quote
When in doubt, always look to money to help explain situations, especially in this league.

This is what I think happened, and is driving Carlos:

He knew when his role was reduced that he was most likely going to be a cap casualty at the end of the season. That much should have been clear to both he and his agent. No team is going to keep a guy playing like him with only 1 year remaining and a relatively low out (2.25 mil).

The problem escalates from there because, now knowing he'll be on the open market, he knows he needs numbers to help his market value come 2021. When he sees lesser snaps he knows it means making lesser money.

Is this the only factor? Probably not. But I'm pretty sure it's a big one. His pride and ego took a hit, and now he's losing money in his mind.

I'm sure the losing doesn't help but let's be honest, guys don't sign two seperate extensions with the Bengals if winning is one of their primary motivations. He's been the part of the part of three straight losing seasons and we didn't hear a peep. We went 2-14 and we didn't hear a peep. But now, all of the sudden, in year 10 Dunlap just can't stomach losing? C'mon now.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!
Reply/Quote
I think Seattle and 49ers are licking their chops, ready to get a very good financial deal for a rested DE for rest of 2020, if they trade for him (won't cost much), then they can redo his 2021 contract if they desire as none is guaranteed by another team.

Only Bengals on the hook for the dead cap money in 2020 and 2021

If cut, Browns would love to add him to be opposite Garrett

Bargain for teams coming for a player like Ramsey who could help take a defense that is good to another level
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 12:32 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Right, but he asked for a trade this off-season and they didn't do it because they don't believe in making other teams better. That was a public statement. I want to re-iterate that Carlos is handling this like an idiot, but why did the FO not do the right thing and oblige his request? Are they so stubborn they think they can just completely ignore players request based off an unprofessional way of doing things? There clearly seems to be a HUGE communication gap and that falls directly on them. 

When did he ask quietly to be traded?
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 12:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why are we making things up?

Ok, I was wrong about that as I thought I remembered him asking for that this offseason. What about how they approach these requests and the bad communication? 
Reply/Quote
Fwiw, every time I read one of his stupid social media posts the refrain from this song pops into my head:

Maybe I'm just an old man (I'm only 41) but some of these guys crying and bitching on social media are like little girls. His most recent post read like a damn fortune cookie for Christ sakes. They always have to try to kind of deep or vague. Like no one can read it for what it really is, some grown man acting like a little *****.
Reply/Quote
I'm sure the Bengals are doing their best to swing a trade for Carlos, to get anything in return, but if they can't move him by the trade deadline I'd dump him like a sack of potatoes. They need to cut their losses and be done with him.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 12:41 PM)sandwedge Wrote: When did he ask quietly to be traded?

I'm not sure, I would assume during the season. Lesson learned for me. Don't speak out of my a$$. Point I was making is "IF" he asked for it what the front office has told us they would not do it. If they approach things this way, things like this are bound to happen as they have previously.
Reply/Quote
Drew Rosenhaus is Dunlaps agent wonder if that has anything behind this.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Is everyone bracing themselves for when Carlos makes us look like the bad guy in the media? You know some good stories are coming I'm sure that will paint Zack Taylor and the Bengals Organization the Villian....
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 12:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think Seattle and 49ers are licking their chops, ready to get a very good financial deal for a rested DE for rest of 2020, if they trade for him (won't cost much), then they can redo his 2021 contract if they desire as none is guaranteed by another team.

Only Bengals on the hook for the dead cap money in 2020 and 2021

If cut, Browns would love to add him to be opposite Garrett

Bargain for teams coming for a player like Ramsey who could help take a defense that is good to another level

Carlos will be a role player on any other team, and won't take them to "another" level. He's not good enough, especially now. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 12:30 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: But that's the point I'm trying to make. We don't know if he did quietly request a trade before. That's the difference between quietly and what he is doing now. We only know all this stuff is going on because he is putting it out there, not the team. If all this was kept internally, we would have no clue on why he got demoted or why he was sulking on the bench.

Eh, maybe....but one part missing:. he put absolute garbage on tape prior to getting benched. I mean, he sucked. That's not how you attract potential suitors, and not very cool regarding your teammates....who are supposed to be your brothers out there in this game.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 09:01 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Personally, I LOVE it!

You want to cause drama, then get the **** out!

We're changing the culture here!  

Haven't been impressed with Taylor's coaching, but you have to think that this came from him and I commend him for it!
Nice. So when is the front office & the coaching staff (-Simmons) gonna be told to stay home? Little effort has been shown to make adjustments at all. Also seems like the only adjustments made are because of injury. 

Just ticks me off that no coaches are held accountable. We should have 4 or 5 wins even with a crap o-line & zero defense. Besides a few mistakes Burrow has looked like the next coming of Peyton, yet the season was over 3 games ago. End rant.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 12:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why are we making things up?

Yeah, I'd like to see a link on that. I'm not saying it didn't happen, because I wasn't around for a bit there and may have missed it, but I've not seen anything mentioned since I got back, and since this fiasco started.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 12:36 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: When in doubt, always look to money to help explain situations, especially in this league.

This is what I think happened, and is driving Carlos:

He knew when his role was reduced that he was most likely going to be a cap casualty at the end of the season.  That much should have been clear to both he and his agent.  No team is going to keep a guy playing like him with only 1 year remaining and a relatively low out (2.25 mil).

The problem escalates from there because, now knowing he'll be on the open market, he knows he needs numbers to help his market value come 2021.  When he sees lesser snaps he knows it means making lesser money.

Is this the only factor?  Probably not.  But I'm pretty sure it's a big one.  His pride and ego took a hit, and now he's losing money in his mind.

I'm sure the losing doesn't help but let's be honest, guys don't sign two seperate extensions with the Bengals if winning is one of their primary motivations.  He's been the part of the part of three straight losing seasons and we didn't hear a peep.  We went 2-14 and we didn't hear a peep.  But now, all of the sudden, in year 10 Dunlap just can't stomach losing?  C'mon now.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

Good point, and I hadn't considered it.... but when in doubt, always follow the money.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 09:01 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Personally, I LOVE it!

You want to cause drama, then get the **** out!

We're changing the culture here!  

Haven't been impressed with Taylor's coaching, but you have to think that this came from him and I commend him for it!

Yes changing to a losing culture. Only 3 wins in a 1 1/2 seasons.
Reply/Quote
It was within Carlos' power to fix this any time he wanted. All he had to do is start showing up and putting forth some effort. He's a waste and it's addition by subtraction.
Reply/Quote