Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Tells Dunlap To Stay Home!
(10-28-2020, 10:07 AM)GreenbenchedCornBengal Wrote: While this is true, it doesn’t excuse Dunlap for taking his frustrations to social media and making things public like a *****

He wanted out.

If I was stuck in a job with an incompetent boss who was not treating me fairly I would also do whatever  had to to get out.

He was outproducing the guys the coaches benched him for.

Same coaches that said Damion Willis was one of our top 3 WRs at the start of last season then decided Ryan Finley gave us a better chance to win than Andy Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 11:17 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems like he was OK with the lack of wins "bullshit" until he started not being such an integral part of it.

Because he was outproducing the guys who he was benched for.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He wanted out.

If I was stuck in a job with an incompetent boss who was not treating me fairly I would also do whatever  had to to get out.

Same coaches that said Damion Willis was one of our top 3 WRs at the start of last season then decided Ryan Finley gave us a better chance to win than Andy Dalton.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:44 PM)fredburnttoast Wrote: He wanted out.

Andy Dalton didn’t cry on social media and say his house was up for sale.

You’d go on Facebook and throw your company under the bus? Not very wise.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 09:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: That is exactly why Dunlap wants out. He can't stand his 3 wins in 23 games bullshit.

They claim they can't find a trade partner, but it is because teams know the Bengals will release him.  He won't be unemployed a week.
We got a pretty good return on investment for a guy getting up there in age that didn't want to be here.  

It looks like the main reason the Seahawks traded him is because they prefer guards with longer arms.  

Bonus for us  ThumbsUp

(10-28-2020, 10:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He knows that right now they are building toward a future of 4 wins every season.

Taylor has had two years to fix this team and it has gotten WORSE instead of BETTER.
Because our offensive line got worse, which isn't his fault, and we had injuries, which also isn't his fault.  

(10-28-2020, 10:26 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: So this is what it looks like when Fred snaps? Damn. But to rebuttal, last year they were in the game in the fourth quarter a total of 4 times. They've already matched this this year not even half way there. I am right here with you saying this staff is bad, but they have shown some progress. But at this point it will be 2025-2030 before we even get to the playoffs lol

Get Geno back healthy, fix the offensive line, hope for luck in staying healthy and not having any drama, and we're a contender next year  ThumbsUp

(10-28-2020, 11:13 AM)Trademark Wrote: Oh yes, Bengals are changing the culture alright...3 wins in 26 games. Zac taylor is a joke
It takes time.  A coach can't just say "I'm changing the culture," and then the team is magically good.

I'm not saying Taylor has been great, but give him a bit more time.
(10-28-2020, 12:49 PM)J24 Wrote: Drew Rosenhaus is Dunlaps agent wonder if that has anything behind this.

You almost have to believe that it does.
Reply/Quote
Geno isn't coming back healthy, he's old. Just like AJ who will show flashes of his former self. Age catches them all, except Brady.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 12:08 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Why would anyone want to play for a coach who's 1-11-1 in close games, and 3-19-1 overall? 

Me, pay me like like those guys get paid and I don't care if I ever win again. 

I win at the Paycheck game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 12:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think Seattle and 49ers are licking their chops, ready to get a very good financial deal for a rested DE for rest of 2020, if they trade for him (won't cost much), then they can redo his 2021 contract if they desire as none is guaranteed by another team.

Only Bengals on the hook for the dead cap money in 2020 and 2021

If cut, Browns would love to add him to be opposite Garrett

Bargain for teams coming for a player like Ramsey who could help take a defense that is good to another level

Hmmm............Looks like I had this figured out.

To poster who said Carlos is a role player, let's revisit this after the season. I say he plays over 60% of the defensive snaps in Seattle rest of the way if he is not injured and helps a very bad defense get better. We can look at defensive stats pre Dunlap and post Dunlap to see who was correct.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 09:47 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Hmmm............Looks like I had this figured out.

To poster who said Carlos is a role player, let's revisit this after the season. I say he plays over 60% of the defensive snaps in Seattle rest of the way if he is not injured and helps a very bad defense get better. We can look at defensive stats pre Dunlap and post Dunlap to see who was correct.

He may get the snaps, but his production has been down. Age, lack of offseason, bad scheme, combine them all and now he's going to a new team and having to learn a new playbook. I see him making a few splash plays but just can't picture him making a major impact at this point in the season. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
His dad had the ignorance to compare his circumstances to George Floyd. You can't make this up.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 01:33 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: He may get the snaps, but his production has been down. Age, lack of offseason, bad scheme, combine them all and now he's going to a new team and having to learn a new playbook. I see him making a few splash plays but just can't picture him making a major impact at this point in the season. 

He will, you'll see.

Norton runs a 4-3 similar to Marv's 4-3.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 01:44 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: His dad had the ignorance to compare his circumstances to George Floyd. You can't make this up.

Wait, what???
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 01:44 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: His dad had the ignorance to compare his circumstances to George Floyd. You can't make this up.

Dunlap's dad???

Where and how did this not make headlines???

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 01:53 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Dunlap's dad???

Where and how did this not make headlines???

https://local12.com/sports/bengals/disappointing-way-for-dunlap-and-family-to-handle-situation-with-bengals-nfl-pro-football-seattle-seahawks-cincinnati
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 01:55 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: https://local12.com/sports/bengals/disappointing-way-for-dunlap-and-family-to-handle-situation-with-bengals-nfl-pro-football-seattle-seahawks-cincinnati

Thanks for the link.  ThumbsUp

I just... I have no words...

Only this comes to mind.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 01:58 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Thanks for the link.  ThumbsUp

I just... I have no words...

Only this comes to mind.

[Image: giphy.gif]

While Skinner wrote a hack article, that indeed is pretty awful...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 02:07 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: While Skinner wrote a hack article, that indeed is pretty awful...

Prior to reading that, I kinda figured Dunlap would make a few plays but not much else.

After reading that article, I actually want to see Seattle miss the playoffs and him just be a total non-factor. 

How that statement can be made... it's sickening. Comparing your million dollar making son not getting snaps to a man being killed... just pathetic.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 01:55 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: https://local12.com/sports/bengals/disappointing-way-for-dunlap-and-family-to-handle-situation-with-bengals-nfl-pro-football-seattle-seahawks-cincinnati

Sad comparison to Floyd but....

Did...did anyone else read far enough into the article where Dunlap Sr guaranteed that Los is going to the Pro HoF? What is that family on that they think thats happening?
Reply/Quote
Lavar Ball, is that you?
Reply/Quote

Skinner is full of shit with his comments about Dunlap underperforming throughout his entire career.

But Dunlap's father needs to shut the hell up also.
Reply/Quote