Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teams cut to 53 MEGA Thread
Figured I'd start a thread where we can post news thoughts and ideas of all cuts around the NFL and who could help the Bengals. Talk has been we are going to be more open to bringing in folks this year.

A couple cuts I've heard mention of that are of interest:

Manny Lawson/ Edge

Justin Hunter/ WR
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Dehner suggesting that Boom Herron might be a short term option to replace Peerman.
Reply/Quote
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000691151/article/nfl-roster-cuts-tracker-teams-trimming-to-53-players?campaign=tw-nn-sf34995215-sf34995215

The link above is the cut tracker from NFL.com. They seem to be updating it pretty regularly.
Reply/Quote
James Wilder Jr. was cut today from the Bills. The Bengals liked him while he was on their PS.

He could be a candidate to return.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 01:45 PM)NKYRob Wrote:

Dehner suggesting that Boom Herron might be a short term option to replace Peerman.

I'd take him as a long term option. Didn't he block two kicks in like 3 games for the Bengals? He also had some success as a RB for the Colts. Plus he's younger.

That's arguably a triple improvement over Peerman.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 03:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'd take him as a long term option. Didn't he block two kicks in like 3 games for the Bengals? He also had some success as a RB for the Colts. Plus he's younger.

He certainly did in the playoff game against us...
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 01:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Justin Hunter/ WR

I have been following his status for a while.  I thought he would make the roster after the Titans traded Green-Beckham, but He still didn't make it.

Some team will grab him quickly.  He would definitely improve our roster.

Career 68 rec, 1116 yds, 16.4 avg.

6'4", 200 lb freak athlete.  4.4 forty, 40" vert, 11'4" long jump
Reply/Quote
Man, would love to get Justin Hunter. Would be too good to be true.

Wouldn't mind us bringing in Boom for ST's and he would add some good depth and insurance at RB.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 03:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'd take him as a long term option. Didn't he block two kicks in like 3 games for the Bengals? He also had some success as a RB for the Colts. Plus he's younger.

So, who would you cut to make room for Herron?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Justin Hunter and Boom Herror could really help this team with depth
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 03:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, who would you cut to make room for Herron?

Put Carson on the PS and go 4 RB's like we did last year...

Hill, Bernard, Burkhead, Herron
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 04:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Put Carson on the PS and go 4 RB's like we did last year...

So, are we then going with just 5 WR, or only 8 OL?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I won't be surprised if we bring back Herron. He's basically a younger Peerman.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I liked Poutasi in the draft last year. Titans took him at 66 i think. Started games for them at RT last year. Weird for them to cut him so soon. Would give us emergency depth early. Long term we get him for 3 years on a rookie contract.

I also liked Pierre Desir the small school CB the Browns took awhile back. I thought he was progessing at CB. The Browns tried to change his position. If Lewis Harris injured...
Reply/Quote
Herron would see playing time immediately on special teams, so there is that for him. I wonder what is up with Hunter though. I know he got arrested last summer for a bar fight, and then went on IR near end of last year. Unless that ankle is still an issue or he has had other off the field stuff, I have to think he is an upgrade over our 4th or 5th receiver. But I wouldnt get him until he has cleared waivers.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Hoping for a DE to shake free.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Well, to add another player means the Bengals need to cut someone from the 53. I'm not sure who'd I cut because some of those guys worked hard to earn a spot during preseason. I guess we are weak at CB so maybe pick up one.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 05:09 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Well, to add another player means the Bengals need to cut someone from the 53. I'm not sure who'd I cut because some of those guys worked hard to earn a spot during preseason. I guess we are weak at CB so maybe pick up one.

We don't really have to cut someone. Burfict's suspension and players going on IR (Jackson and Peerman) can't happen until after player cuts. So we cut 3 fewer players, put them on IR and the suspended lis,t and we have 3 open spots on the roster.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 03:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, who would you cut to make room for Herron?

(09-02-2016, 04:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Put Carson on the PS and go 4 RB's like we did last year...

Nate has it right.

(09-02-2016, 04:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, are we then going with just 5 WR, or only 8 OL?

Why do they have to do either? The Bengals had 4 RB last year and many years previously and they were perfectly fine.

They don't have to go short on WR or OL, because their plan had always been to go 4 RB. It was going to be Peerman, then he broke his arm and it was going to Carson. Instead you just give it to Herron.

Not sure why you're trying to overthink it or make this way harder than it needs to be, Sunset. It's just a straight RB for RB swap roster-wise. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 05:12 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: We don't really have to cut someone. Burfict's suspension and players going on IR (Jackson and Peerman) can't happen until after player cuts. So we cut 3 fewer players, put them on IR and the suspended lis,t and we have 3 open spots on the roster.

True, but some of the 3 spots may be taken by guys who worked hard for the Bengals. In other words, 3 fewer opportunities for those that may have earned it.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote