Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ted Karras
(03-14-2022, 04:26 PM)Synric Wrote: Ted Karras has been cross trained to play center for most of his professional career taking alot of reps there in pre-seasons. He has been thr first IOL off the bench for the Patriots for a few years now and has played Center, Right Guard, Left Guard, and Left Tackle. In Cincinnati I expect him to take over Center duties.

You're right. I'm checking his stats, and I found out that he played as a center for the Dolphins in 2020 and for the Patriots in 2019. Last year he played 829 snaps (as center and guard in NE) and allowed 3 sacks (plus 2 penalties). PFF gave him a 72.8 grade. He's decent imo. It seems that Zac likes players with leardership, and Karras was a team captain while playing for Dolphins (another factor behind the signing?).

You can check his stats here: https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/ted-karras/10855
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:45 PM)Bengalion Wrote: You're right. I'm checking his stats, and I found out that he played as a center for the Dolphins in 2020 and for the Patriots in 2019. Last year he played 829 snaps (as center and guard in NE) and allowed 3 sacks (plus 2 penalties). PFF gave him a 72.8 grade. He's decent imo. It seems that Zac likes players with leardership, and Karras was a team captain while playing for Dolphins (another factor behind the signing?).

You can check his stats here: https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/ted-karras/10855
Good to see he has versatility. We can see who falls in the draft. We still have a good chunk of money. Would like to see another guy
Reply/Quote

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As long as we retain BJ Hill, I'm fine. Has there been any news on that front? I haven't been keeping up.

Exactly, on both of these posts. We don't need the top guy in the league. We just need solid guys replacing the guys we had grading in the 40s and low 50s.

Don't ask "are these guys pro bowlers". They don't need to be. They're still massive upgrades and we won't be giving up 16 sacks in 2 playoff games anymore. We went from having 2 scrubs in the middle, to a pair of plus starters. That's HUGE.

That said, if Karras is replacing Spain, we really only upgraded massively at one spot. Still need to see how this stakes out.
BJ Hill resigned 3 for 30 with 15 mill the 1st year.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:40 PM)Phil in BG Wrote: We did.....Alex Cappa!!!!

Alex Cappa is a RG not a RT.
Reply/Quote

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
It's just PFF grades but...

Quintin Spain 66.4 (43rd of 82)
Jackson Carman 54.2 (67th)
Hakeem Adeniji 43.0 (81st)

LG Ted Karras 72.9 (15th)
RG Alex Cappa 71.9 (18th)

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 06:20 PM)casear2727 Wrote: It's just PFF grades but...

Quintin Spain 66.4 (43rd of 82)
Jackson Carman 54.2 (67th)
Hakeem Adeniji 43.0 (81st)

LG Ted Karras 72.9 (15th)
RG Alex Cappa 71.9 (18th)

Their names are not sexy but those rankings are! Get in here and protect Burrow and lets run the damn ball! 
Reply/Quote
Surprised that James Daniels, Austin Corbett, and Connor Williams still haven't signed somewhere. Bozeman still out there, too.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love Travis Jones also love Devonte Wyatt if we go DT.

McCreary could fall to our 2nd round pick with his poor forty yah never know.

Love Salyer, big no on Faalele that early, he is too raw and plays too upright. Tough for a 6'9" dude to stay low.

I think the Raiders are going to get DeVontee Wyatt, so that leaves me with Travis Jones or even Kyler Elam.  I'm torn between Elam, McCreary, and Kyler Gordon, all 3 are great CBs, but I don't think they'll be around at #63 (all had a bad combine, but are great players.)  I also think Jamaree Salyers is more versatile than Faalele b/c he can play OG, so I'm taking him at #63.  I'm thinking we can get a 2-great OTs with our 2-picks in the 4th like Max Mitchell, Zach Tom or Cordell Volson. Maybe go after the son of Pro-bowler Lucas Ellis (Noah Elliss) at DT in the 3rd to replace Ogunjobi.
Reply/Quote
Rams signed Brian Allen to 3-year, $24 million extension

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 06:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Surprised that James Daniels, Austin Corbett, and Connor Williams still haven't signed somewhere. Bozeman still out there, too.

Austin Corbett is not going back to the Rams, they have signed their LT, C, and Shelton (other guard).

C. Williams is just not that good, I didnt expect to see him move until later this week.

I kept asking why arent the Bears extending Daniels, well it looks like he is definitely not going back to Chicago, apparently the GM made a comment they couldnt trust him and he's not up to the standards of the new staff.....?   I still think he gets paid, he has some really good film and some not good, but not terrible.  He is only 24 and has been the most difficult player to read this offseason.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 06:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Surprised that James Daniels, Austin Corbett, and Connor Williams still haven't signed somewhere. Bozeman still out there, too.

It's funny the Bengals didnt go after wide zone guys. They went after Power/Gap and inside zone guys.

I think it signals yet another run scheme change... although an inside zone scheme would match better if they want to continue to run a ton of spread shotgun eith Joey B.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Well, aside from Bozeman, I do not think there are significant C upgrades out there. And he is not a great scheme fit. I think Karras is at LG at the moment.

Armstead & Trent Brown still out there at RT. But that is gonna be pricey. I don't really see anyone else who is a FA who would represent much of an upgrade over Reiff. Moses Brown?

I did see the Cowboys are expected to release Collins since they cannot get anything for him. Personal issues. Man, offer them that 7th we got for BJ Hill and get it done.
Reply/Quote
I love it.Now cap it off with a pro bowl RT.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 07:01 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Well, aside from Bozeman, I do not think there are significant C upgrades out there.  And he is not a great scheme fit. I think Karras is at LG at the moment.

Armstead & Trent Brown still out there at RT. But that is gonna be pricey. I don't really see anyone else who is a FA who would represent much of an upgrade over Reiff. Moses Brown?

I did see the Cowboys are expected to release Collins since they cannot get anything for him. Personal issues. Man, offer them that 7th we got for BJ Hill and get it done.

Bozeman is a sizable upgrade over Hopkins, especially with the other inside zone guys.

Every Dallas "insider" says the release leak was to drum up better offers. The popular opinion is that Dallas has offers, not happy with any of them yet.  Dallas does not want the 15M hit next year, they do not want any dead money next year so shouldnt be a post June 1 cut/trade, there is also a mention of an upcoming roster bonus they obvious dont want to pay (although I cant find it). 

A 7th will not get this done - they have better offers than that now.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 07:11 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Bozeman is a sizable upgrade over Hopkins, especially with the other inside zone guys.

Every Dallas "insider" says the release leak was to drum up better offers. The popular opinion is that Dallas has offers, not happy with any of them yet.  Dallas does not want the 15M hit next year, they do not want any dead money next year so shouldnt be a post June 1 cut/trade, there is also a mention of an upcoming roster bonus they obvious dont want to pay (although I cant find it). 

A 7th will not get this done - they have better offers than that now.

Send them a 4th and be done with it.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 06:02 PM)jj22 Wrote:

Interesting that Karras has a $5 mil cap hit and Cappa only has a (reported) $6.75 mil hit this year.  Haven't seen what Hill's cap hit is this year, yet.  It's been reported he gets $15 mil year one, but structure can reduce that drastically.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:48 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm thinking Carman gets a look at LG, at this point.

Believe Carman will be ready to take over but happy that we don't have to count on that now. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Another fantastic and aggressive move by Taylor and his staff. This adds an interior player that can be a serious upgrade at C or G. I really hope this is a move with the center position in mind which would allow Hopkins to compete for a job at OG. I really like the aggression they have shown early!
Reply/Quote