Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ted Karras
(03-14-2022, 04:02 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I wonder if Faalele is our rd 1 target?? 
have to see if we sign someone.

1st is a little early for him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:02 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I wonder if Faalele is our rd 1 target?? 

Maybe round 2 for Faalele. 31 is way to early for a project that is inconsistent and plays high at RT.

(03-14-2022, 04:02 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: I’m predicting CB round 1

Kaiir Elam or Andrew Booth would be awesome.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:02 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I wonder if Faalele is our rd 1 target?? 

I think they'll look at defensive players with the two OL FA signings today; CB or DL. They don't need to draft a project OL who can't be a day 1 starter.
Reply/Quote
Pats wanted him back, but we outbid them.

Reply/Quote
Ted Karras and Cappa are guards, so we're probably picking a RT in the first round. Nice moves so far. The "front office is cheap" talk is gone.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pats wanted him back, but we outbid them.

Bengals in the SB and now outbidding other teams for their own players? Oh me oh my I’m like a kid in a candy store.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:17 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Ted Karras and Cappa are guards, so we're probably picking a RT in the first round. Nice moves so far. The "front office is cheap" talk is gone.

Cannot depend on the draft to fill a very important position of need. If they wait until then, the Bengals will be in trouble even with the other signings.

I really want Collins, but, if they at least bring back Reiff I would be ok with that. Right now it's Prince at RT. NO THANK YOU!
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:17 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Ted Karras and Cappa are guards, so we're probably picking a RT in the first round. Nice moves so far. The "front office is cheap" talk is gone.

There’s some good options out there for RT (Moses, Daryl Williams, Collins). Grabbing one of them would really open up the draft to go BPA (likely defense).

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There’s some good options out there for RT (Moses, Daryl Williams, Collins). Grabbing one of them would really open up the draft to go BPA (likely defense).

Did Trent Brown get grabbed up yet?

Would like him too if he is still an option.

Billy Turner got cut by the Pack for cap reasons too.
Reply/Quote
Looks like we got our guards replaced. Can he play center? I still want to see if we bring someone in at center or move someone
Reply/Quote
Oh dang.... Tennessee bringing back Ben Jones C for 2 years $14 million. Wow. What a deal.

https://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php
Reply/Quote

Ted Karras has been cross trained to play center for most of his professional career taking alot of reps there in pre-seasons. He has been thr first IOL off the bench for the Patriots for a few years now and has played Center, Right Guard, Left Guard, and Left Tackle. In Cincinnati I expect him to take over Center duties.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Karras has positional flexibility. He has played mainly C, though.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So when the Bengals cut Trey Hopkins, Ted Karras will be like a free pick up.

Karras is not a good center
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:24 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Looks like we got our guards replaced. Can he play center? I still want to see if we bring someone in at center or move someone

Karras is going to play center.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:24 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Looks like we got our guards replaced. Can he play center? I still want to see if we bring someone in at center or move someone

Karras plays Center and Guard just like Daniels, just more physical.

I bet we cut Hopkins cause Karras is the new Center and we bring in a RT next.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'll be curious to hear what the plan is here. Wonder if it is based on draft and if a center falls to us he kicks out to guard or plays Center and Carman gets a crack at LG. 

As mentioned earlier, not he also comes from a winning organization.

Let training camp sort it out. Now they have good competition at the guard spots for the backups. If you are Carmen you know you must come to camp ready to impress. Same for other 1 & 2 year guys on the line.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:31 PM)Trademark Wrote: Karras is not a good center

BS. Tell that to Bill Belichick. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:31 PM)Trademark Wrote: Karras is not a good center

According to??

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:06 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I was wondering if he was related to Alex Karras.  Yesssssss!

For you youngsters, Alex Karras was an absolute bad ass DT for the Lions.  I spent many Thanksgiving Days watching him beat the shit out of Packers guards.

How bad ass was he, you ask?

He punched out a horse in Blazing Saddles.  Totally in character.

He was Webster's dad on a sitcom as well.

Your profile pic kind of looks like the sheriff in blazing saddles.
Reply/Quote