Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ted Karras
(03-14-2022, 06:20 PM)casear2727 Wrote: It's just PFF grades but...

Quintin Spain 66.4 (43rd of 82)
Jackson Carman 54.2 (67th)
Hakeem Adeniji 43.0 (81st)

LG Ted Karras 72.9 (15th)
RG Alex Cappa 71.9 (18th)

Loving every minute of it !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 07:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Send them a 4th and be done with it.

I posted an update in the Collins thread.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 06:20 PM)casear2727 Wrote: It's just PFF grades but...

Quintin Spain 66.4 (43rd of 82)
Jackson Carman 54.2 (67th)
Hakeem Adeniji 43.0 (81st)

LG Ted Karras 72.9 (15th)
RG Alex Cappa 71.9 (18th)

Should have included Hopkins who graded at 50. I think he is going to take Hopkins spot.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 06:53 PM)Synric Wrote: It's funny the Bengals didnt go after wide zone guys. They went after Power/Gap and inside zone guys.

I think it signals yet another run scheme change... although an inside zone scheme would match better if they want to continue to run a ton of spread shotgun eith Joey B.

One thing about this staff I trust they have a plan. They seem to approach FA with purpose. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: One thing about this staff I trust they have a plan. They seem to approach FA with purpose. 

Wouldn't the front office be signing these guys?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:08 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Should have included Hopkins who graded at 50. I think he is going to take Hopkins spot.

Hopkins was awful early in the year and got better. In the past he has been 55-60+. Better in pass protection. 

Karras at C (2019 & 2020) graded at: 64.5 & 65.3.  

Hopkins in 2019 & 2020: graded at 62.4 and 63.8.  

That is not much of a bump. And Karras had the best year of his career at guard last year. Makes more sense to play him at LG. I am not penciling Carman in anywhere till he proves he can play. And I am not cutting Hopkins until I need his cap money for someone else AND we have a clear C upgrade. Not sure that is the case now. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 09:20 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Hopkins was awful early in the year and got better. In the past he has been 55-60+. Better in pass protection. 

That is not much of a bump. And Karras had the best year of his career at guard last year. Makes more sense to play him at LG. I am not penciling Carman in anywhere till he proves he can play. And I am not cutting Hopkins until I need his cap money for someone else AND we have a clear C upgrade. Not sure that is the case now. 

I suspect Ted Karras will play left guard — and the Bengals might land Bradley Bozeman as the new center.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 09:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I suspect Ted Karras will play left guard — and the Bengals might land Bradley Bozeman as the new center.

Might depend on what we do at RT...

Williams, Karras, Hopkins, Cappa, Collins 

That is a formidable group...

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 09:20 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Hopkins was awful early in the year and got better. In the past he has been 55-60+. Better in pass protection. 

This makes a lot of sense.  Cut Waynes ASAP though.
Reply/Quote
Carman to RT.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 09:24 PM)M.W. Wrote: This makes a lot of sense.  Cut Waynes ASAP though.

Waynes will most likely be cut after we sign the vet CB... and that could be tomorrow. 

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 09:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I suspect Ted Karras will play left guard — and the Bengals might land Bradley Bozeman as the new center.

Bozeman right now would be about the only option.  Jones, Allen, Jensen are all off the table.  Im not sure anyone else out there right now would be better than Hopkins other than Bozeman.

I dont think Karras plays center either.  His numbers were much better at guard.  We either had to resign Spain at close to 5 million or find someone to replace him.  I think Karras replaces Spain plus gives us a backup option at center where Carman could then move to LG if needed.  I like the Karras signing because it gives us options on the O-line if we need to shift guys around.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We get a decent RT and I’ll be a happy man.

So will one Joe Burrow. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:54 PM)Synric Wrote: I believe the Alex Cappa signing and Tedd Karras signals another run scheme change.

Edit: I believe some people will love to hear I think Daniel Faalele is not back on the table.

The running game just got more physical. If Lindy falls to the Bengals, look out.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 1st is a little early for him.

You can't coach 6-10, 380.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:15 PM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: You can't coach 6-10, 380.
Not a fan of the small tackles like Beachum or Wynn, but there is such a thing as too tall. Plays way too high, giving him a leverage disadvantage. It can be coached to some extent, but it’ll always be an issue. What’s also an issue is he may be very stiff and too heavy to move laterally. I mean, if maybe he will be our pick and develop well, but he should go to a team that runs a lot more gap/power. He’s a project either way. Not my favorite prospect, but that’s just me.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:08 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Should have included Hopkins who graded at 50. I think he is going to take Hopkins spot.

XSF also graded at a 50.0.

Hopkins and everyone who manned RG was awful all year long.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I get wanting a blockbuster signing for a big problem, but you have to realize we need to reshape darn near the entire line. So blowing your wad on one signing would be dumb.

This is how you get it done. These are solid starters with championship experience, that didn't break the bank, and allows us to make more moves.
Especially with players like Hill, Carmen, Smith, and Prince already on the roster ready to develop. They may not ALL pan out, but I love the direction they're taking. I'm sure they'll add more potential in the upcoming draft as well. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 09:24 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Might depend on what we do at RT...

Williams, Karras, Hopkins, Cappa, Collins 

That is a formidable group...

I would like this and if Linderbaum falls to us give him a shot to unseat Hop.

Hop ain't terrible, he is a good pass protector.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 09:43 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Bozeman right now would be about the only option.  Jones, Allen, Jensen are all off the table.  Im not sure anyone else out there right now would be better than Hopkins other than Bozeman.

I dont think Karras plays center either.  His numbers were much better at guard.  We either had to resign Spain at close to 5 million or find someone to replace him.  I think Karras replaces Spain plus gives us a backup option at center where Carman could then move to LG if needed.  I like the Karras signing because it gives us options on the O-line if we need to shift guys around.

And it also gives us some draft flexibility and flexibility to go after guys who get cut. And some flexibility/competition in camp. 

If Linderbaum falls to us, take him, cut Hopkins, and let Karras play G and be the backup option at C. If Green or Zion Johnson fall to us, then play Karras at C and cut Hopkins and spend that $$ on cut down day. If we don't get a surefire starter in the draft, keep Hopkins at C & let Karras play guard. 

Ditto in camp. If Carman makes a huge leap and claims LG, great, move Karras to C. 
Reply/Quote