Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee Higgins update
Wednesday he can practice in a limited format, Thursday would be the earliest he could fully practice, and Friday the earliest he could be cleared.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Such a bummer this happened. Tee’s family was already dealing with enough.

I hate the Steelers so ***** much.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Hope he sits out this week his longterm health is more important than beatng the Cowboys.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'm glad he's getting better. I think the team needs him to play.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 04:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Such a bummer this happened. Tee’s family was already dealing with enough.

And the NFL's concern over concussions led to a rule to protect defenseless WRs from such hits. It seemed that way to me, but I never saw but one replay and the announcers seemed to ignore it. No consulting an ex-official, etc. Maybe it was legal. But the one replay that I saw looked like a helmet-to-helmet hit on a defenseless receiver. 
Reply/Quote
They replayed it at the game a few times, I did not see defenseless but sure looked like lead with helmet
Reply/Quote
Sure hope Tee is ok

If the situation was reversed would there have been a flag ?
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 04:40 PM)Nepa Wrote: And the NFL's concern over concussions led to a rule to protect defenseless WRs from such hits. It seemed that way to me, but I never saw but one replay and the announcers seemed to ignore it. No consulting an ex-official, etc. Maybe it was legal. But the one replay that I saw looked like a helmet-to-helmet hit on a defenseless receiver. 

it's all bullshit because the steelers get away with it so often. The nfl acts like they care, but pretty much allow the Rooney's team to get away with it. I've seen multiple steelers hits that would normally get replayed multiple times, and have the commentators talk about the hit in a negative light. But not with pittsburgh. It largely goes ignored, and is chalked up to old school football
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 04:53 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: They replayed it at the game a few times, I did not see defenseless but sure looked  like lead with helmet

It wasn't defenseless, but it was definitely the defender (Watt, right?) lowering his head and leading with the helmet on the hit on Higgins.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I thought he was still defenseless, but I could be wrong.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 04:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Such a bummer this happened. Tee’s family was already dealing with enough.

I really liked Minkah Fitzpatrick when he was going into the draft, but he's turned into a real tool and dirty player since becoming a Steeler.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 05:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It wasn't defenseless, but it was definitely the defender (Watt, right?) lowering his head and leading with the helmet on the hit on Higgins.

I thought it was Fitzpatrick?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 05:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I thought it was Fitzpatrick?

It was Terrell Edmunds. 4-seconds of replay is here. Would have liked to have seen it in more context. He was certainly being tackled already and the hit was totally unnecessary.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/9/11/23347624/tee-higgins-injury-news-concussion-bengals-steelers-terrell-edmunds-hit
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 05:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I really liked Minkah Fitzpatrick when he was going into the draft, but he's turned into a real tool and dirty player since becoming a Steeler.

It's a cultural thing over there. They pride themselves on injuring players. It's been that way for a long time. Look at what Watt does to Burrow every single time he gets a chance.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 04:31 PM)J24 Wrote: Hope he sits out this week his longterm health is more important than beatng the Cowboys.

I’m with you here, and I’m generally for requiring a player to sit out for at least 7 days after a concussion.

A grade 0-1 concussion, I could be less pushy over, but grade 2 should get that week. 3 and 4 (loss of consciousness) should get even longer.

I’m no doctor though, so if they get cleared, they get cleared. I have to trust that their doctor has their long term health in mind when making these decisions.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 06:42 PM)Nepa Wrote: It was Terrell Edmunds. 4-seconds of replay is here. Would have liked to have seen it in more context. He was certainly being tackled already and the hit was totally unnecessary.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/9/11/23347624/tee-higgins-injury-news-concussion-bengals-steelers-terrell-edmunds-hit

Seen this play while watching the game but on this replay you've provided it looks as if all 3 were trying to hit Tee helmet to helmet but two barely missed and hit each other. 

They are the biggest punk team to ever live. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'd be shocked if he played this week. Not saying he won't, just that I'd be shocked. It takes more than a few days to get over a concussion. But for me the shock is more rooted in how Tee's agent just spent the summer demanding guaranteed money from the same owner on behalf of Bates- to no avail. To think he'll now let one of his other clients put his head out on a stick (no pun intended) before he absolutely has to seems unlikely.

I don't know if the agent-owner relationship in real life is as contentious as it is in Jerry Maguire haha, but I don't know that it's not. I expect these players to be taking their jolly time recovering from injuries this year, not only on account of what happened to their current teammate (Bates) but also their former teammate (Ogunjobi). Whatever happens with Tee may be a sign of things to come and give us a sense of the full implications of Mike Brown's hardball strategy with JB30.

Personally, I think Higgins'll miss a few weeks for that reason alone, but never thought it would play out so soon. It'll be interesting to watch.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 09:05 PM)tms Wrote: I'd be shocked if he played this week. Not saying he won't, just that I'd be shocked. It takes more than a few days to get over a concussion. But for me the shock is more rooted in how Tee's agent just spent the summer demanding guaranteed money from the same owner on behalf of Bates- to no avail. To think he'll now let one of his other clients put his head out on a stick (no pun intended) before he absolutely has to seems unlikely.

I don't know if the agent-owner relationship in real life is as contentious as it is in Jerry Maguire haha, but I don't know that it's not. I expect these players to be taking their jolly time recovering from injuries this year, not only on account of what happened to their current teammate (Bates) but also their former teammate (Ogunjobi). Whatever happens with Tee may be a sign of things to come and give us a sense of the full implications of Mike Brown's hardball strategy with JB30.

Personally, I think Higgins'll miss a few weeks for that reason alone, but never thought it would play out so soon. It'll be interesting to watch.

This isnt Tee's contract year, he is only eligible for an extension.  Sitting out unnecessarily will not get him more money.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 09:11 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This isnt Tee's contract year, he is only eligible for an extension.  Sitting out unnecessarily will not get him more money.

Unnecessarily playing through a concussion will not get him more money either.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 06:59 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It's a cultural thing over there. They pride themselves on injuring players. It's been that way for a long time. Look at what Watt does to Burrow every single time he gets a chance.

The Cobra Kai of football.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote