Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tennessee leaps past NC and Mississippi in "religious freedom"
The Volunteer state doubled down on "religious freedom" in an attempt to be "freer" than NC and MIssippi.  Not only did the legislature pass a "bathroom bill" to match NC and Mississippi, but that also moved forward with another bill that would allow therapists to discriminate against LGBT patients and refuse to serve them based on "religious beliefs".

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-tennessee-bill-idUSKCN0X32RE

"HURRAH FOR FREEDOM (to discriminate)!!!
(04-07-2016, 05:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Volunteer state doubled down on "religious freedom" in an attempt to be ":freer" than NC and MIssippi.  not only did the legislature pass a "bathroom bill" to mat NC and Mississippi, but that also moved forward with another bill that would allow therapists to discriminate against LGBT patients and refuse to serve them based on "religious beliefs".

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-tennessee-bill-idUSKCN0X32RE

"HURRAH FOR FREEDOM (to discriminate)!!!

Wonderful!  

I wish I was still as religious as I was as a kid...I'd really like to start to discriminate against people I don't like and claim its my religious right.   Sad
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Now this is a policy Jesus can get behind.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Remember when everyone was applauding states rights when they were legalizing SSM?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(04-07-2016, 06:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Remember when everyone was applauding states rights when they were legalizing SSM?

because inacting policy allowing discrimination is the same as removing long-standing discrimination.

remember when everyone was applauding jesus for talking about loving your neighbor like yourself?
(04-07-2016, 06:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Remember when everyone was applauding states rights when they were legalizing SSM?

Remember when you actually made a legitimate point instead of just posting vague rhetorical questions?

Neither do I.

I don't know a single States Rights advocate who claims states should be able to legalize slavery, do you?  So why would you even post such a silly question?  This is not about "States Rights".  It is about people supporting discrimination and calling it "freedom".
(04-07-2016, 06:43 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: because inacting policy allowing discrimination is the same as removing long-standing discrimination.

remember when everyone was applauding jesus for talking about loving your neighbor like yourself?
I do agree we should safe guard against people's rights to exercise their religious freedoms. One man's discrimination is another man's right.

I do remember Jesus saying love thy neighbor. It seems some lately aren't loving the majority of the folks in NC, TN, and MS. 

(04-07-2016, 06:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  One man's discrimination is another man's right.

No it isn't.  This is pure gibberish.

The law right now calls for everyone to be treated the same.  Everyone has the same rights.  That is to be treated equally.  There is no "Right to Discriminate" here in the United States.
(04-07-2016, 06:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No it isn't.  This is pure gibberish.

The law right now calls for everyone to be treated the same.  Everyone has the same rights.  That is to be treated equally.  There is no "Right to Discriminate" here in the United States.
Is their a right to exercise your religious Freedoms?

(04-07-2016, 07:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is their a right to exercise your religious Freedoms?

Yes.  Everyone has the exact same right to do this.

But we also have laws that say that if you want to do business in the United States you have to follow certain rules.  And these rules forbid discrimination.

You can worship however you want, but if you want to do business you are not allowed to discriminate.
(04-07-2016, 07:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.  Everyone has the exact same right to do this.

But we also have laws that say that if you want to do business in the United States you have to follow certain rules.  And these rules forbid discrimination.

You can worship however you want, but if you want to do business you are not allowed to discriminate.

So as a Lawyer, do you have to accept the case of everyone who approaches you?

(04-07-2016, 07:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is their a right to exercise your religious Freedoms?

[Image: Legislate+-+Painful.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-07-2016, 06:35 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Now this is a policy Jesus can get behind.

Jesus only does "missionary" position.
Ninja

Hilarious
(04-07-2016, 07:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So as a Lawyer, do you have to accept the case of everyone who approaches you?

I think he's allowed to discriminate, on the grounds of if they are able to pay his fee.  Unless it's his turn to be Public Defender.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
My head hurts lol

hopefully ohio doesnt turn into this lol
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
The people who complain the most about sharia law are the ones advocating sharia law.
(04-08-2016, 12:22 AM)Benton Wrote: The people who complain the most about sharia law are the ones advocating sharia law.

This.
(04-08-2016, 12:22 AM)Benton Wrote: The people who complain the most about sharia law are the ones advocating sharia law.

It's not Sharia law when it's the words of the real God. Duh. Ninja
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]

Biblical Sharia Law...get it right Benton Smirk
People suck
In a way I would support this law. I mean if I were gay I don't want to go to a therapist who doesn't want to work with me, and now you would know up front.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall