Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrorist act in Orlando
The ACLU has officially blamed conservative Christians for this attack.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(06-14-2016, 01:20 PM)6andcounting Wrote: The ACLU has officially blamed conservative Christians for this attack.

Is this a joke?

I guess it isnt after I googled it...wow http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/aclu-lawyers-blame-christian-right-gop-for-orlando-terrorist-attack/article/2593679
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-14-2016, 01:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree, it is a possibility. I've read where he is a supporter of the Taliban and wants to run for President of Afghanistan. His whole first excuse of "He got mad when he saw gays kissing in Miami" made zero sense.

Yeah...somehow living that close to Miami was the first time he was confronted with homosexuality.  
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(06-14-2016, 01:20 PM)6andcounting Wrote: The ACLU has officially blamed conservative Christians for this attack.

Wish I could say I was surprised.

Muslims, Christians, it doesn't matter. Another 50+ people dead due to religion.
(06-14-2016, 01:30 PM)Beaker Wrote: Muslims, Christians, it doesn't matter. Another 50+ people dead due to religion.

That's the spirit.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-14-2016, 01:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That's the spirit.

hes not wrong
People suck
Another little tidbit story. Remember how Chick Fil A was being protested by the LGB community few years ago. Apparently many of the Orlando stores opened on Sunday since they are closed nationally to deliver sandwiches and tea to blood drives for the donors to help out. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/13/chick-fil-responds-orlando-massacre-free-food-bloo/
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(06-14-2016, 01:43 PM)Griever Wrote: hes not wrong

Yes he is, unless the shooter's religion actively encouraged the murder of others.

That'd be like saying it's the Steelers fault Ben raped those girls.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(06-14-2016, 01:43 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Another little tidbit story. Remember how Chick Fil A was being protested by the LGB community few years ago. Apparently many of the Orlando stores opened on Sunday since they are closed nationally to deliver sandwiches and tea to blood drives for the donors to help out. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/13/chick-fil-responds-orlando-massacre-free-food-bloo/

You know they are going to yell at you for leaving the "T" off, right ?
Ninja
(06-14-2016, 02:00 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yes he is, unless the shooter's religion actively encouraged the murder of others.

Mellow

No.

For you analogy to be right the Steelers organization would have to have said over and over for thousands of years that girls are evil and an affront to their god.  Then Ben would have gotten so riled up about it he went out to rape them for some reason rather than kill them.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-14-2016, 02:00 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yes he is, unless the shooter's religion actively encouraged the murder of others.

Most major religions do encourage the murder.of others, and for any number if idiotic reasons.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-14-2016, 02:23 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Most major religions do encourage the murder.of others, and for any number if idiotic reasons.

did your kid talk back to you? take him out and stone him
People suck
(06-14-2016, 02:26 PM)Griever Wrote: did your kid talk back to you? take him out and stone him

Wearing a mixed fabric t-shirt? Stoned to death.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-14-2016, 06:51 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ahh going back to 2015.   You should probably be charging me rent for all that space I'm taking up in your head.  

So am I supposed to feel back for having a  full football scholarship?

I had athletic and academic scholarships.  Didn't stop me.  Personal responsibility.  Don't make excuses.  Be better than that . . .

It's kinda like when people say don't complain if you didn't vote.  If someone is unwilling to serve selflessly they really shouldn't complain about how weak we are and disparage "Generation Snowflake" when it is that generation who is serving overseas this very minute and have done more for their country than the person sitting in the comfort of their home posting disparaging remarks about their generation on the internet.

That type of irony makes me roll with laughter.

Quote:And we are weak.   We expect guys to go over and do a job and give them all sorts of rules and limits.  The military doesn't need to deploy if you are going to saddle them with nonsense.    That's on our policy makers.   

Now that the military is significantly less involved in Iraq, we are actually better positioned strategically to respond to other threats across the globe.  While we were commited simultaneously in Afghanistan and Iraq, a third country (like North Korea for instance) could have done almost anything they wanted and there would have been very little we could have done about it.

You don't have any idea what rules and limits the military has.  Our ROE (rules of engagement for the military acronym challenged) allowed us to engage if we saw someone talking on a cellphone and had reason to believe they were reporting our position for an attack.
(06-13-2016, 02:32 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: That didn't stop his administration from blaming the Bengazi attacks on a YouTube video did it? Mellow

Did you expect to admit the CIA was there doing what the CIA usually does?
(06-14-2016, 12:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://ncronline.org/blogs/ncr-today/florida-bishop-orlando-attack-sadly-religion-often-breeds-contempt-lgbt-people

Someone gets it.

So a Muslim mass murders a bunch of gays at a night club and somehow it's the Catholic's fault?   

Sound logic lol 
(06-14-2016, 03:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So a Muslim mass murders a bunch of gays at a night club and somehow it's the Catholic's fault?   

Sound logic lol 

Lucie steps up. Swings and misses, strike one.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-14-2016, 03:02 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I had athletic and academic scholarships.  Didn't stop me.  Personal responsibility.  Don't make excuses.  Be better than that . . .

It's kinda like when people say don't complain if you didn't vote.  If someone is unwilling to serve selflessly they really shouldn't complain about how weak we are and disparage "Generation Snowflake" when it is that generation who is serving overseas this very minute and have done more for their country than the person sitting in the comfort of their home posting disparaging remarks about their generation on the internet.

That type of irony makes me roll with laughter.

Now that the military is significantly less involved in Iraq, we are actually better positioned strategically to respond to other threats across the globe.  While we were commited simultaneously in Afghanistan and Iraq, a third country (like North Korea for instance) could have done almost anything they wanted and there would have been very little we could have done about it.

You don't have any idea what rules and limits the military has.  Our ROE (rules of engagement for the military acronym challenged) allowed us to engage if we saw someone talking on a cellphone and had reason to believe they were reporting our position for an attack.

Ofc you did....  You were probably accepted to Stanford as well but didn't want to be too far from home lol 
(06-14-2016, 03:12 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Lucie steps up. Swings and misses, strike one.

Tampa/St Pete area is a democrate stronghold so it's not surprising this bishop says this stuff.   

The reality is he should just be praying for the families of the victims and praying for the authorities to get to the bottom.