Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrorist act in Orlando
(06-14-2016, 04:56 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I think a symbol would work better to unify under.

Perhaps we could get the added to the emoticons:

[Image: Gender-Symbol_Intersex_Infinity_dark_tra...ground.png]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-14-2016, 05:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps we could get the added to the emoticons:

Seems reasonable enough.
(06-14-2016, 12:47 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You nailed it: http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/orlando-nightclub-massacre/omar-mateen-s-wife-tried-talk-him-out-orlando-attack-n592051?cid=sm_tw&hootPostID=1631d0b4632c0a40025001e8aec55bcf

She should definitely be criminally investigated for not alerting authorities. She admitted she once drove him to the nightclub to scope it out, was with him when he purchased the ammo and a holster, but did nothing? 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(06-14-2016, 05:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps we could get the added to the emoticons:

Yes 
(06-14-2016, 12:47 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You nailed it: http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/orlando-nightclub-massacre/omar-mateen-s-wife-tried-talk-him-out-orlando-attack-n592051?cid=sm_tw&hootPostID=1631d0b4632c0a40025001e8aec55bcf

(06-14-2016, 12:54 PM)Griever Wrote: sounds like she needs some charges brought against her

(06-14-2016, 12:58 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: If this report is accurate she should be tried as an accomplice and be held fully responsible for the shootings.

(06-14-2016, 01:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if she knew she is definitely an accomplish... and she wouldn't try to talk him out of something she didn't know about.

(06-14-2016, 06:29 PM)Millhouse Wrote: She should definitely be criminally investigated for not alerting authorities. She admitted she once drove him to the nightclub to scope it out, was with him when he purchased the ammo and a holster, but did nothing? 

This is easy for us to say because we were brought up in the Western culture. This woman most likely feared for her life and there is a chance she feared for the lives of her family, if she said anything to anyone. Hell she probably risked her life by trying to talk him out of it.  

(06-14-2016, 05:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dang, I thought the would I used for Q (rhymes with steer) was the actual term; but it got the *******. As I said: If someone is looking to be offended they will be. 

You're in the right. The word Q stands for has been "reclaimed" in a ways and has a totally different meaning from using it as a gay slur. Totally innocent use on your part.

I guess since it has been used so much as a slur, the board censors still block it. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Thought this might be food for thought for the ban assault rifles crowd:
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2008-2012.xls

Look at deaths caused by rifles. 

(06-14-2016, 11:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thought this might be food for thought for the ban assault rifles crowd:
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2008-2012.xls

Given the capacity of the Glock magazines he had, those of us with gun knowledge know the rifle was irrelevant.
Hell, we know the handgun was a much better solution in close quarters.

I was going to comment on what possible rifle ammo was used, but M855 has taken enough heat.
(06-14-2016, 07:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is easy for us to say because we were brought up in the Western culture. This woman most likely feared for her life and there is a chance she feared for the lives of her family, if she said anything to anyone. Hell she probably risked her life by trying to talk him out of it.  

Well, she grew up in California so....
--------------------------------------------------------

(06-15-2016, 12:48 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Well, she grew up in California so....

...and he grew up in NY/FL. Doesn't change their closed culture. 

(06-15-2016, 12:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: ...and he grew up in NY/FL. Doesn't change their closed culture. 

She went to public high school, went to college, and had a Facebook account, so...
--------------------------------------------------------

(06-15-2016, 12:56 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: She went to public high school, went to college, and had a Facebook account, so...

Oh, I had no idea she had a facebook account, Retract everything I said. 

(06-14-2016, 11:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thought this might be food for thought for the ban assault rifles crowd:

Knives and other cutting instruments have killed more people in each of the years listed than rifles, shotguns, and "other guns" combined!

Obviously, this is the fault of atheists.  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
(06-15-2016, 12:42 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Given the capacity of the Glock magazines he had, those of us with gun knowledge know the rifle was irrelevant.
Hell, we know the handgun was a much better solution in close quarters.

I was going to comment on what possible rifle ammo was used, but M855 has taken enough heat.

Well, AWB also prohibited high-capacity magazines. So an AWB would also limit the ability to purchase those sorts of things.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-15-2016, 12:14 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Knives and other cutting instruments have killed more people in each of the years listed than rifles, shotguns, and "other guns" combined!

Obviously, this is the fault of atheists.  Ninja
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/15/world/europe/france-stabbing-police-magnanville-isis.html?_r=0

Looks like France may want to relook those knife laws:

Quote:He stabbed an off-duty police officer and left him bleeding to death on his own doorstep. He forced his way inside the home and stabbed and killed the officer’s female companion. He then sat down and videotaped himself live on Facebook declaring allegiance to the Islamic State, according to the French law enforcement authorities.

Sitting just behind him was the couple’s son, a terrified 3-year-old boy, of whom Larossi Abballa, the killer, said dismissively, “I have not decided what to do with him,” according to David Thomson, a French journalist for Radio France Internationale and the author of a book on jihadists who saw Mr. Abballa’s online posts before they were taken down.

I am definitely on the 2nd amendment bandwagon.  I don't think a ban on certain weapons is the correct move.  That being said, when discussing terrorist situations and mass murders shouldn't we look at the data within that scope for correct analysis?  The only relevant data in that link would be the numbers of deaths related to each category within a terrorist/mass murder event.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(06-15-2016, 01:08 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I am definitely on the 2nd amendment bandwagon.  I don't think a ban on certain weapons is the correct move.  That being said, when discussing terrorist situations and mass murders shouldn't we look at the data within that scope for correct analysis?  The only relevant data in that link would be the numbers of deaths related to each category within a terrorist/mass murder event.

Who knows, maybe the ideology that motivated each act should be relevant. Maybe more so, than the device used.

(06-14-2016, 04:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Or we could just shut down immigration from that region so we can sort out the people here.   

What does that have to do with your comment about the Florida bishop?  Nothing.
(06-15-2016, 01:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who knows, maybe the ideology that motivated each act should be relevant. Maybe more so, than the device used.

I'm not opposed to that at all.  I think we do already look into the ideologies of extremists.  It's why he was on the watch list and was interviewed.  That being said let's stick to the topic at hand which it the utilization of that listed statistics as a reason for banning or not banning  a weapon used by a terrorist in a mass murder.  Neither group can properly use the statistics as displayed to bolster their position as it does not break down the number of people killed by terrorist in the US by weapon.  
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(06-15-2016, 01:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What does that have to do with your comment about the Florida bishop?  Nothing.

he hates brown people, duh
People suck