Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrorist act in Orlando
(06-15-2016, 04:25 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I don't doubt any of that.  I never spoke to any of it.  I merely pointed out that if the reports were true, she should be arrested and charged.  It still changes nothing, as it relates to her culpability, in the end.

(06-15-2016, 04:31 PM)Griever Wrote: she still made a choice not to do anything about it, and should be charged with 40+ counts of accessory to murder and whatever the equivalent would be for the attempted murder of 53 others

she doesnt get off easy for this

Yeah, we should most likely wait until we have all the facts. We'll see how it plays out; just something to keep on the back-burner. You might want to take a look at Sharia Law and how it pertains to a woman/wife. Basically. she was his slave.

The more folks learn about Islam and that that perscribe to Sharia Law, the more they may want to think about assimilation.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-15-2016, 04:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think it should be pointed out that what is being advocated for here is charging her. If during the trial there is evidence presented that points to her state of mind due to her upbringing etc., etc., and she is acquitted, then that's all gravy to me. But I think this should be run through the system.

We may as well give it a whirl, but I'm pretty sure we are all assuming talking a maniac out of killing a whole bunch of people is easier than it really is.
(06-15-2016, 04:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We may as well give it a whirl, but I'm pretty sure we are all assuming talking a maniac out of killing a whole bunch of people is easier than it really is.

And even more than that fear of reprisal from the maniac when you have a kid with the said maniac.  But presumably all of that will come to light if she is charged.
(06-15-2016, 04:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, we should most likely wait until we have all the facts. We'll see how it plays out; just something to keep on the back-burner. You might want to take a look at Sharia Law and how it pertains to a woman/wife. Basically. she was his slave.

The more folks learn about Islam and that that perscribe to Sharia Law, the more they may want to think about assimilation.

Why are you writing any of the highlighted in response to my post.  Outside of your first sentence it literally has nothing to do with what I have said.  
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(06-15-2016, 04:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think it should be pointed out that what is being advocated for here is charging her. If during the trial there is evidence presented that points to her state of mind due to her upbringing etc., etc., and she is acquitted, then that's all gravy to me. But I think this should be run through the system.

Which is exactly what I said.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(06-15-2016, 04:53 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Why are you writing any of the highlighted in response to my post.  Outside of your first sentence it literally has nothing to do with what I have said.  

Just killing 2 birds with one stone; sorry.

(06-15-2016, 04:54 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Which is exactly what I said.

Relax; I don't think anyone has said you are wrong.

Myself, she should definitely be investigated, then charged if need be for negligence to not inform the police. And not only that, she should also be investigated to make sure she wasn't an accomplice to her husband supporting/advising him in doing this.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(06-15-2016, 03:07 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: No, the problem here is you're just a lazy doucher and when you get called on it you resort to names because you're apparently too lazy and ignorant to do a frickin' google search before serving up your opinions and lectures.

It's not my fault for knowing stuff because, you know, I read stuff  - that doesn't make me a know it all, just that I know something you doucher's haven't read.

LOL. First hand experience vs. you reading stuff.

Priceless.

P.S. In case your intellect falls short, i'm not defending the wife. Just pointing out how your opinion is wrong in this case.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(06-15-2016, 03:23 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I don't get what's happening here at all....Do you (rfaulk and Bfine) believe that, if all the reports are correct, she should not be arrested and held responsible?

No. She shoulders the burden and is culpable. I'm just saying i agree with bfine's point about her being scared. That doesn't absolve her of blame. Maybe...maybe a little mitigating, but still responsible.

I just disagreed with brainiac's total dismissal of the point.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(06-15-2016, 03:28 PM)Griever Wrote: i think they are saying that if its true, her being scared could be used as a "get out of really bad trouble" free card

which is horse shit by the way

No.

Too many times people around here go to extremes.

More extremes...

Who's talking acquittal? "Lesser" charges than what might be brought against someone actively participating.

(06-15-2016, 05:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No. She shoulders the burden and is culpable. I'm just saying i agree with bfine's point about her being scared. That doesn't absolve her of blame. Maybe...maybe a little mitigating, but still responsible.

I just disagreed with brainiac's total dismissal of the point.

I agree with bfine on this as well.  It's almost unheard of for an abuser to beat his first wife but never touch the second.  It's also very common for DV victims to protect their abuser in a multitude of ways.  Please note that the following statement is in no way victim blaming, but it's a real shame the first wife didn't file charges against this guy instead of just getting the hell out of there.  I understand why she did it, but if this guy had a DV conviction he wouldn't have been able to0 work for a security firm, wouldn't have a firearms license and wouldn't have been able to purchase the gun he used in this massacre. 

Notice I say massacre because that's what it was and words mean something.  It wasn't a, "unfortunate event in which a disgruntled person of deeply held religious beliefs used a device to propel projectiles at significant speeds into the corporeal forms of several individuals causing significant physical discomfort in some and preventing the forms of others from being able to sustain life functions."  No, that wasn't directed at you rfaulk, just a point I made earlier in the thread which seems to confuse some people here.
(06-14-2016, 11:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thought this might be food for thought for the ban assault rifles crowd:
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2008-2012.xls

Look at deaths caused by rifles. 

Better ban fists before rifles lol 
Perhaps why some stand with Israel in the Middle-East

Anybody got a response from a Muslim leader from the region?

(06-15-2016, 08:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps why some stand with Israel in the Middle-East

Anybody got a response from a Muslim leader from the region?

It's a shame you won't see or respond to this since I called you out on your BS so many times...

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2016/06/13/3787788/muslim-leaders-orlando/

Quote:Here’s Your List Of Muslim Leaders Around The World That Condemned The Massacre In Orlando

Following the tragic shooting at a gay club in Orlando on Sunday that left 50 dead and about as many injured, a wave of Islamophobic rhetoric has swept the country. The gunman, Omar S. Mateen, was an American citizen born to Afghan immigrants, but that hasn’t stopped many commentators from inferring that the attack had more to do with Islam than his own views on LGBT rights.

But Muslim leaders throughout the world have condemned the attack — including in the United States. Below are a few of the Muslim politicians and government officials who have weighed in on the attack.

Afghanistan
Afghan President Ashraf Ghani came out strongly against the attack. Only a few hours after the news broke, he offered his condolences to the victims’ families and his support to Americans.

Quote:[/url]

Follow
ارگ 

@ARG_AFG
Pres.@AshrafGhani: I unequivocally condemn the horrific attack in #Orlando#Florida#USA. Nothing can justify killing of civilians. (1/2)
1:04 PM - 12 Jun 2016

Quote:

Follow
ارگ 

@ARG_AFG
My sympathies and thoughts are with the families of the victims, the American people and the US government. #Orlando##Florida (2/2)
1:07 PM - 12 Jun 2016

Ghani’s second-in-command, Chief Executive Officer Abdullah Abdullah, offered similar sympathies. He was joined by U.S. Ambassador to Afghanistan Hamdullah Mohib, who drew parallels between the struggles of Afghans and of the LGBT minority in the United States.

Quote:

Follow
Dr. Abdullah 

@afgexecutive
This attack in #Orlando is telling us that terrorism knows no religion, race, boundary and geography. Terrorism must be eliminated. -AA
1:59 AM - 13 Jun 2016 · Afghanistan, Afghanistan

Quote:

Follow
Dr. Abdullah 

@afgexecutive
I would also like to offer my sympathies to the people & government of U.S. for the tragic incident in #Orlando #Florida. -AA
1:55 AM - 13 Jun 2016 · Afghanistan, Afghanistan

Quote:

Follow
Hamdullah Mohib 

@hmohib
As victims of acts of violence for many years, Afghans stand with the people of the US in their grief and feel their pain#OrlandoShootings
12:59 PM - 12 Jun 2016

Bahrain
Bahrain’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs expressed its condolences in a statement on Monday.
“The Ministry expresses its heartfelt condolences and sympathies to the families of the victims, and wishes a speedy recovery to the injured,” the statement read. “The Ministry of Foreign Affairs reiterates the solidarity of the Kingdom of Bahrain with the United States of America, renewing its rejection to all forms of extremism and terrorism, and calls on the international community for comprehensive and effective counterterrorism efforts to ensure the eradication of the dangerous threat of terrorism across the world.”

Bangladesh
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina condemned the shooting and offered a letter of condolence to President Obama on Sunday.
“I condemn this dastardly act of terror in the strongest possible term and reiterate my government’s ‘zero tolerance’ policy against any form of terrorism and violent extremism,” she wrote, according to Bangladesh News 24. “My government and people stand shoulder to shoulder with your government and the friendly people of the United States of America at this difficult hour and renew our commitment to work together with you as partners to counter terrorism and violent extremism that have emerged as threats to human civilization.”

Egypt
Ministry of Foreign Affairs Spokesperson Ahmed Abu Zeid condemned the shooting on Twitter.

Quote:

Follow
Egypt MFA Spokesman 

@MfaEgypt
Our heartfelt condolences to the families of Orlando horrific terrorist attack victims. We stand united in this moment of grief@StateDept
5:10 PM - 12 Jun 2016

Kuwait
A representative from Kuwait’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs condemned the shooting on Sunday, saying it posed “a grave harm to Islam, and [is] distant from its noble teachings.”
Terrorism requires an effort by the international community to eliminate “this disgusting phenomenon and [rid] the world from its evil,” the representative added, confirming Kuwait’s rejection to all forms of terrorism.

Indonesia
The Indonesian government has condemned the attack in Orlando. “We expressed our deep sympathy to the families of the victims, the government, and the people of the United States,” Arramanatha Nasir, a spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, tweeted on Monday.

Iran
Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs Spokesman Hossein Jaberi Ansari condemned the shooting on Monday. “The Islamic Republic of Iran, according to its own principled policy of condemning terrorism and its firm determination to deal with this scourge seriously and comprehensively, condemns the recent terrorist attack in Orlando in America,” Ansari said, according to Mehr News.

Maldives
Former President of the Maldives Mohamed Nasheed, the first democratically-elected leader of the island nation, called for a stand against inhumanity. Noting that his thoughts were with “all who lost a loved one,” Nasheed offered his condolences to the victims’ families, as well as his sadness.

Quote:

Follow
Mohamed Nasheed 

@MohamedNasheed
Deeply saddened by horrific events in #Orlando. My thoughts are w/ all who lost a loved one. We must stand in unity against such inhumanity.
3:04 AM - 13 Jun 2016

Pakistan
Numerous members of the Pakistani government responded to the attack, including Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, who said that no one “should ever feel afraid of…being killed for who they are.”

View image on Twitter
[Image: Ck0lgy4WkAEohu_.jpg:small]

Quote:

Follow
Asad Khawaja @asadmkh
"No innocent man, woman or child should ever feel afraid of being shot or killed for being who they are" - PM Sharif
5:41 AM - 13 Jun 2016 · Punjab, Pakistan, پاکستان

Quote:

Follow
Jibran Nasir @MJibranNasir
“This is against every principle of pluralism, tolerance and humanity that we have been striving for." Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif on #Orlando
7:23 AM - 13 Jun 2016

Sharif’s comments were joined by those of Pakistani Ambassador to the U.S. Jalil Jilani, who sent his prayers and condolences.

Quote:

Follow
Jalil Abbas Jilani @JalilJilani
Prayers for the victims of Orlando terror attack. Senseless killing against all norms and principles . Heartfelt condolences with families
4:30 PM - 12 Jun 2016

Pakistani politicians also weighed in. Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, of the PPP, spoke out against “fear, hatred, and bigotry.” Senator Sherry Rehman, also of the PPP, called for an end to the “fires of hatred and prejudice” and appealed to a shared sense of humanity across the world.

Quote:

Follow
BilawalBhuttoZardari 

@BBhuttoZardari
#PrayersForOrlando tonight. Fear, hatred and bigotry have no borders but cannot and will not triumph.
1:37 PM - 12 Jun 2016

Quote:

Follow
SenatorSherryRehman @sherryrehman
#PrayerForOrlando the fires of hatred and prejudice must not be allowed to burn though our humanity. https://twitter.com/reuters/status/742070229019308032 …
3:09 PM - 12 Jun 2016

Qatar
Qatar’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs condemned the attacks in a statement on Monday.“Qatar reiterates its condemnation of all forms of violence and terrorism, whatever their motives and justifications, and emphasises the need for concerted international efforts to face criminal acts that target civilians everywhere in the world,” the statement read.

Saudi Arabia
Saudi Ambassador to the United States Abdullah-Al Saud condemned the attack and expressed his condolences in a statement on Monday.
“The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia condemns in the strongest terms the attack on innocent people in Orlando, Florida, and sends its deepest condolences to the families and friends of the victims and to the people of the United States,” the statement read. “We stand with the American people at this tragic time. We pray for the recovery and the healing of all those injured in the attack, and we will continue our work with the United States and our partners in the international community for an end to these senseless acts of violence and terror.”

Turkey
Deputy PM of Turkey Mehmet Simsek condemned the attack on Twitter.

Quote:

Follow
Mehmet Simsek 

@memetsimsek
I condemn, unequivocally, the horrific terrorist attack in #Orlando- as we've seen time & again, terrorism knows no religion, creed or race
12:41 PM - 12 Jun 2016

Tunisia
Former Interim President of Tunisia Marzouki Moncef took to Facebook to condemn the attack, and to express his horror at ongoing tragedies across the globe. Citing violent incidents like the horrifying attack on Tunisia’s Bardo Museum in March and recent airstrikes on Idlib, Syria, Marzouki called for the protection of innocents everywhere.

United Arab Emirates
UAE ambassador to Washington Yousef Al-Otaiba expressed his condolences in a statementposted on the embassy website. “On behalf of the leadership and people of the UAE, our deepest sympathies go out to the families and friends of the victims of yesterday’s heinous attack in Orlando,” the statement read. “We condemn the hate and fanaticism behind this unspeakable violence. We must all work together to promote tolerance and peace.”
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs also condemned the attacks in a statement on Monday.
United Kingdom
Sadiq Khan, the first Muslim mayor of London, condemned the attack.

Quote:

Mayor of London 

@MayorofLondon
I stand with the City of Orlando against hate and bigotry. My thoughts are with all the victims of this horrific attack #lovewins
12:44 PM - 12 Jun 2016

“This hideous and cowardly attack on LGBT+ people in Orlando is an attack on our freedoms and values,” he told the Evening Standard. “We stand shoulder to shoulder with the people of Orlando.”

Khan also mentioned the history of attacks on the LGBTQ community in London.

United States
In a statement posted on Facebook on Sunday, Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), the first Muslim member of Congress, condemned the violence, spoke of the need for meaningful gun reform, and drew attention to the history of hate crimes against the LGBT community.

“No religion justifies such a senseless act of terror,” Ellison wrote. “All decent people must condemn this hateful act that claimed the lives of 50 people and injured 53 more. Sadly, Orlando has now joined Aurora, Charleston, Newtown, Oak Ridge, and many other communities rocked by gun violence.”

“I am grieving with the LGBT community. The community has been a target for hate for decades, but has seen meaningful advances in the past few years,” he added. “This tragedy will not suppress the love and compassion that the LGBT community is centered on. Going forward, we must continue to stand against all hate crimes. No one deserves to be harmed because of their race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.”

Rep. Andre Carson (D-IN), the second Muslim elected to the U.S. Congress, also condemned the attack.

Quote:

ollow
 Carson 

@RepAndreCarson
Saddened & angered to hear of the horrific attack in #Orlando. My heart goes out to the victims, their loved one & their entire community.
9:49 AM - 12 Jun 2016

•  

•  6161 Retweets

• [url=https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=741990755720437760] 7676 likes

“This is a heartless and brutal attack on the LGBT community and everyone who values freedom and equality,” he said in a statement on Monday. “We don’t know all the details but it is clear that this is an act of hate. While we struggle to come to terms with this tragedy, we must not and will not succumb to fear. This is the most lethal terrorist attack in America since 9-11 and we must redouble our efforts to fight terrorism in all forms."

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
While not from a national leader, an acquaintance of mine who works in the State Dept in landmine recovery received an email from an Afghani organization he works with expressing sympathy and outrage at what was done and reaching out to him specifically, as a gay man, to offer their condolences. I thought it was very touching.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-15-2016, 09:10 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: While not from a national leader, an acquaintance of mine who works in the State Dept in landmine recovery received an email from an Afghani organization he works with expressing sympathy and outrage at what was done and reaching out to him specifically, as a gay man, to offer their condolences. I thought it was very touching.

Oh I have zero doubt that Muslims all over the world feel genuine grief and outrage over this terrorist act. My point was that the change must be headed by National Leaders of Muslim countries throughout the region. Maybe to such a degree that they are willing to spearhead a combined effort to eliminate ISIS.  

(06-15-2016, 09:10 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: While not from a national leader, an acquaintance of mine who works in the State Dept in landmine recovery received an email from an Afghani organization he works with expressing sympathy and outrage at what was done and reaching out to him specifically, as a gay man, to offer their condolences. I thought it was very touching.

I posted a link and copy and pasted the responses from several countries leaders.

But Daniel wants to play the troll game.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
[Image: 13407037_1144582332258820_54140999029082...e=57DDD239]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]