Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas Christian claims she diverted tornado to another neighborhood
(01-10-2016, 04:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No need to continue this discussion.  You are either too dense to understand or you are just trying to be a troll.

There are basic safety rules children need to know in order to live a safe life.  Not teaching your children these rules is a form of child abuse.  I have no problem with religious teachings until it leads to children being in danger because of them.

Not trolling, absolutely serious. You're acting like you know everything that's going on with them. How do you know she hasn't set up some sort of "Safety perimeter" for them to go back inside if the tornado is too close to them?
(01-10-2016, 04:41 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote:  How do you know she hasn't set up some sort of "Safety perimeter" for them to go back inside if the tornado is too close to them?

She bragged about going outside to do the praying instead of staying someplace safe.
(01-10-2016, 04:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: She bragged about going outside to do the praying instead of staying someplace safe.

But going outside during a tornado is not in itself dangerous. That is dependent on how close the tornado is to you and the area surrounding you.
(01-10-2016, 04:57 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: But going outside during a tornado is not in itself dangerous. That is dependent on how close the tornado is to you and the area surrounding you.

But when you tell your kids that you do not have to worry about shelter at all because you can control the weather then that becomes a problem.

Understand now?  This lady has told her kids that they can control the weather with prayer, so there is no need to seek shelter.  
(01-10-2016, 03:58 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: What she is teaching them is a religious belief. You don't have to explicitly say something for someone to understand what you're getting at.

"I can control a tornado!" is part of which religious doctrine, now?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-01-2016, 10:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've always been more of a "light a candle instead of curse the darkness" type.  So that is why I offered up this user guide to help folks contribute substance:

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/

(02-02-2016, 03:41 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What does that reference say about people claiming they can control tornados?

(02-02-2016, 04:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It doesn't address that; however, I was able to consult my guide and determine what you did is a fallacy known as a Red Herring:

[Image: betty.jpg]

Better?