Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas Christian claims she diverted tornado to another neighborhood
Man, whenever I see a story like this, I usually just shake my head and move along...but damn, this one gets under my skin. By saying that she was granted with special power to redirect the tornado (enabling her family and the immediate community to remain safe), she is basically spitting on the graves of every Christian, and religious person of any faith, who also prayed in the same situation for a tornado to stop or be redirected, and then they and their family was pummeled to death by that tornado.

So God gave this lady the powers of Storm from X-men, but didn't give the same power to every other Christian that's ever been killed by a twister? Also, if she had the 'power' over wind, then why not just break up the tornado so that it doesn't have a chance to kill anyone? I'm not trying to offend anyone here, but it boggles my mind sometimes what people will believe, without questioning it. Honestly, this is why I don't visit PnR very often. Nervous
If she is not hurting anyone, what problem does it cause you?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-04-2016, 01:25 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: If she is not hurting anyone, what problem does it cause you?

It's a simple case of "I don't believe her prayers did anything, I just dislike her because she believed her prayers did something".

Mix that in with she hurt other people; although she didn't and you've got the root of the problem folks have with her. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-04-2016, 01:25 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: If she is not hurting anyone, what problem does it cause you?

Everyone is just jealous a middle eastern laborer didn't give them power over the winds...yet.  I have a feeling we're going to see a lot more people getting tornado power now that this woman has shown how effective and helpful it is.

But on a serious note, I don't care what people choose to believe, but I do find it a bit interesting our culture is so biased when it comes to areas where we are supposed to "prove stuff" versus "respect people's faith" and so on and so forth.

That level of stupidity is bothersome.

If she has children, she is severely stunting their future.  Straight up child abuse.  
(01-05-2016, 12:50 AM)Beaker Wrote: That level of stupidity is bothersome.

Coupled with the number of people who believe her.
I thought this was about TCU when i read the title....
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
(01-05-2016, 11:10 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: If she has children, she is severely stunting their future.  Straight up child abuse.  

Being religious is child abuse?
(01-10-2016, 03:44 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Being religious is child abuse?

Who said that?

Oh, wait...... no one.
(01-10-2016, 03:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who said that?

Oh, wait...... no one.

What is he saying?
(01-10-2016, 03:47 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: What is he saying?

He is saying that teaching her children that she can control the weather is so crazy it harms the children.

"We don't have to run for cover.  We can just go outside and pray and that tornado will not come close to us!"

These kids could end up dead in the future because of this.
(01-10-2016, 03:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is saying that teaching her children that she can control the weather is so crazy it harms the children.

"We don't have to run for cover.  We can just pray and that tornado will not come close to us!"

So in other words, being religious is child abuse. Thanks for the clarification.
(01-10-2016, 03:52 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: So in other words, being religious is child abuse. Thanks for the clarification.

So in other words you have zero reading comprehension.  Where did I mention religion in my post?
(01-10-2016, 03:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So in other words you have zero reading comprehension.  Where did I mention religion in my post?

What she is teaching them is a religious belief. You don't have to explicitly say something for someone to understand what you're getting at.
(01-10-2016, 03:52 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: So in other words, being religious is child abuse. Thanks for the clarification.

Using your religion as an excuse to not take care for or provide for your children is.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-10-2016, 03:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: Using your religion as an excuse to not take care for or provide for your children is.

That I would agree with.
(01-10-2016, 03:58 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: What she is teaching them is a religious belief. You don't have to explicitly say something for someone to understand what you're getting at.

Not ALL religious people teach their children to run out in the middle of a tornado and pray instead of taking cover.  

So it is not child abuse to be religious.  It is child abuse to teach them something that could get them killed.
(01-10-2016, 04:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But not ALL religious people teach their children to run out in the middle of a tornado and pray instead of taking cover.

So it is not child abuse to be religious.  It is child abuse to teach them something that could get them killed.

But there's a lot of things children are taught that can get them killed. Teaching a kid how to start a match can be considered child abuse if that's the case.
(01-10-2016, 04:24 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: But there's a lot of things children are taught that can get them killed. Teaching a kid how to start a match can be considered child abuse if that's the case.

No need to continue this discussion.  You are either too dense to understand or you are just trying to be a troll.

There are basic safety rules children need to know in order to live a safe life.  Not teaching your children these rules is a form of child abuse.  I have no problem with religious teachings until it leads to children being in danger because of them.