Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Texas Law That Bans Abortion Before Many Women Know They're Pregnant Takes Effect
(09-03-2021, 02:38 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: You guys realize that a woman does have a choice right?  She can choose to not have sex if she does not wish to become pregnant.

Rape? Incest? What about if the life of the Mother is at stake during childbirth?  What if the baby has such a terrible defect it'll only live for 2-3 days in excruciating pain with no cure available to sustain its life?  
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 04:33 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Rape? Incest? What about if the life of the Mother is at stake during childbirth?  What if the baby has such a terrible defect it'll only live for 2-3 days in excruciating pain with no cure available to sustain its life?  

Thoughts and prayers?  GoFundMe?  More guns?
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 04:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Letting men walk away from their responsibilities just pushes the burden on to others who didn't get to do the dance that summons the stork.  If some dude starts telling me he should be able to abandon his kids because of "equal rights" I'm just going to assume he's a cheap ass deadbeat who just wants someone else to foot the bill.

It's always about money, innit?

I agree, but should they not have an equal say in the decision then?  I agree that both parties are equally responsible and should be held equally accountable.  But if both parties do not have an equal say then you've created inequality.  Is not the goal equal treatment for both sexes, not better treatment for one because of circumstances?  I feel the need to point out I'm playing devil's advocate more than a bit here, but I do feel these are interesting questions that deserve answers.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 04:37 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I agree, but should they not have an equal say in the decision then?  I agree that both parties are equally responsible and should be held equally accountable.  But if both parties do not have an equal say then you've created inequality.  Is not the goal equal treatment for both sexes, not better treatment for one because of circumstances?  I feel the need to point out I'm playing devil's advocate more than a bit here, but I do feel these are interesting questions that deserve answers.

I always appreciate some devil's advocacy, but as others (usually Fred, I think) point out...until men can gestate a fetus and/or pay to keep it in an artificial womb pregnancy can never truly be equal.

Science figures stuff out, maybe soon we can have this sort of thing.  She doesn't want the fetus so it's all yours, pal.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 04:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Thoughts and prayers?  GoFundMe?  More guns?

More guns will definitely help.  
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 04:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I always appreciate some devil's advocacy, but as others (usually Fred, I think) point out...until men can gestate a fetus and/or pay to keep it in an artificial womb pregnancy can never truly be equal.

Science figures stuff out, maybe soon we can have this sort of thing.  She doesn't want the fetus so it's all yours, pal.

Then we all need to admit that equality is not always our goal and that circumstances sometimes preclude such equality.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 04:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Then we all need to admit that equality is not always our goal and that circumstances sometimes preclude such equality.

Well, I can't stand kids so to me being able to simply throw money at the problem rather than actually carry, birth, and raise a kid still seems like the man gets the sweeter deal.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 04:33 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Rape? Incest? What about if the life of the Mother is at stake during childbirth?  What if the baby has such a terrible defect it'll only live for 2-3 days in excruciating pain with no cure available to sustain its life?  

This.

And people can also file suit if someone had a miscarriage but they don't believe that.

Or if a hospital performs a procedure to remove left over materials after a miscarriage.

Sick people.

And I'm not even arguing the "settled law" part because then we'll have to discuss if we can change gun laws and there will tons of boring hypocrisy in this thread.  Well, more than there is now from people just making up any random set of circumstances to defend their disregard for women's rights.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 05:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: And I'm not even arguing the "settled law" part because then we'll have to discuss if we can change gun laws and there will tons of boring hypocrisy in this thread.  Well, more than there is now from people just making up any random set of circumstances to defend their disregard for women's rights.

No one is defending this law.  You're making things up to feel offended.  Also, your gun comment is just silly, but please feel free to try and make the argument.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 06:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No one is defending this law.  You're making things up to feel offended.  Also, your gun comment is just silly, but please feel free to try and make the argument.

Go ahead a reread what you quoted and explain where I said a) I was "offended" b) anyone was "defending the law" .

But at least I was right about the boring hypocrisy showing up!   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 06:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: Go ahead a reread what you quoted and explain where I said a) I was "offended" b) anyone was "defending the law" .

You're not right about anything, as usual.  Seriously, you're now making up things to be offended by.  Boring.   Cool
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 06:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: Go ahead a reread what you quoted and explain where I said a) I was "offended" b) anyone was "defending the law" .

(09-03-2021, 06:45 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're not right about anything, as usual.  Seriously, you're now making up things to be offended by.  Boring.   Cool

You want to attack me but have nothing so you make stuff up about what I said and when I quote you you just start on my personally again.

If you can't answer the question (because ti would show you made it up) then just move along.

Maybe try and make fun of my looks again...that might help you sleep better?   Smirk
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 04:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Thoughts and prayers?  GoFundMe?  More guns?

There is only one good choice here.

More guns !!!!

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
What a crazy time to be alive.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2021, 05:20 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: What a crazy time to be alive.

Pretty par for the course, actually.

Everytime Christian fundamentalists try this kind of shit, the Satanists show them how to actually act like Christians as taught by Christ.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 04:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I always appreciate some devil's advocacy, but as others (usually Fred, I think) point out...until men can gestate a fetus and/or pay to keep it in an artificial womb pregnancy can never truly be equal.

I, personally, am looking forward to the creation of the technology that will allow a fetus (or embryo or whatever) to be extracted from a woman's womb and be grown, in full, in an artificial womb.

That will pretty much eliminate the abortion debate because it will make it so that women who do not want to have children can still not have the child but it will also allow the people who think abortion = murder an opportunity to salvage and sustain that life without the unwilling mother's body and autonomy.

Of course, that is probably a long way away because, as so many pro birth people like to point out, there are hundreds of thousands of abortions that occur each year. So that's a lot of artificial wombs that would, presumably, be very expensive.

Then you have to iron out who will pay for this service? The mother who didn't want to child? The evangelical right that demands these children be born? Or just the government?

And then what about women who want to have children but don't want to give up their bodily autonomy for 9 months? Will they be given access to these artificial wombs? Where's the cut off occur?

And then who will take care of these children when they are born? Our adoption system is not exactly stellar in America, with many orphans aging out of the system and becoming homeless.
Quote:
  • More than 25% of former foster children become homeless within two to four years of leaving the system.
  • 50% of adolescents aging out of foster care and juvenile justice systems will be homeless within six months because they are unprepared to live independently and have limited education and no social support.

So will adding hundreds of thousands of unwanted children to that system make it function better? I doubt it.

On second thought, maybe we should just, you know, allow women to abort pregnancies that they don't want. For everyone's sake...
Reply/Quote
One of the (many) bad things about this law is there is no exception for rape or incest.

But never to fear the Guv has it figured out!

See?  Arrest the rapists and there will be no more rape!

Problem solved.

Now where they will find room for all the college frat boys, politicians, prison guards and men with any kind of power position is another question. Ninja
Reply/Quote

For rape and incest there is the morning after pill and I am also ok with early term abortions in those circumstances.  Mother's life vs childs life the parents and doctor should make the call.  Horrible defects/days of life/horrible pain before death........same thing........parents and doctor do what they feel is best.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 12:06 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: For rape and incest there is the morning after pill and I am also ok with early term abortions in those circumstances.  Mother's life vs childs life the parents and doctor should make the call.  Horrible defects/days of life/horrible pain before death........same thing........parents and doctor do what they feel is best.

So you support a woman's right to choose and abortion.

Great!

Then you clearly oppose this law.  Good for you!
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 12:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: So you support a woman's right to choose and abortion.

Great!

Then you clearly oppose this law.  Good for you!
In limited situations, yes.
Reply/Quote