Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Texas Law That Bans Abortion Before Many Women Know They're Pregnant Takes Effect
(09-08-2021, 12:11 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: In limited situations, yes.

Then you support a woman's right to an abortion and a woman's right to choose.  Period.

And you oppose this law.

Great!

'Cause just a page ago you said women can just choose to not have sex if they don't want to get pregnant.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 09:28 AM)GMDino Wrote: One of the (many) bad things about this law is there is no exception for rape or incest.

But never to fear the Guv has it figured out!

See?  Arrest the rapists and there will be no more rape!

Problem solved.

Now where they will find room for all the college frat boys, politicians, prison guards and men with any kind of power position is another question. Ninja

The reason that conservatives are no longer in favor of an exception in the case of rape or incest is because that exception lays bare the true reason they are against abortion.

To punish women for their "slutty" behavior.

If they allowed abortions in the cases where the woman is not to blame, then that would indicate that they don't actually care about the preservation of life. Because, if they did, why would it matter how the life came into being? A life is a life, regardless of the misdeeds that created it and, if you believe that life must be preserved no matter what, then that life should be treated exactly the same as the life of a child born through typical carelessness during sex.

The left pointed this out to the right in an attempt to show them how silly their essentialist viewpoints are and how much damage they could cause if they do indeed ban abortion.

But, ironically, showing them the faults in their thinking actually made them steer even further into the abyss rather than turning away from it.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 12:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Then you support a woman's right to an abortion and a woman's right to choose.  Period.

And you oppose this law.

Great!

'Cause just a page ago you said women can just choose to not have sex if they don't want to get pregnant.

In limited situations yes.  Rape, incest, life and death.

Cause oops.  No.  Don't have sex if you are going to have an abortion if you get pregnant.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 12:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Then you support a woman's right to an abortion and a woman's right to choose.  Period.

And you oppose this law.

Great!

Why are you trying to force him into a binary choice?  It's not, I support abortion at any time or I believe they should always be banned.  There's an enormous range of beliefs in the middle area.  You could support abortion for rape and incest but no other reason.  You could support it in the case of severe genetic disease but not other instances.  You could support abortion up until five months, six months, seven moths, etc. but not after.

People like you who try and make it an all or nothing decision actually do the cause you claim to support far more damage then you realize.  If you force people to either choose complete support or complete opposition you're going to lose a lot of people you otherwise had more in common with than not.
Reply/Quote

And you oppose this law.

Great!

I thought you cared about black kids.  Guess I was wrong.  Carry on.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 12:47 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: In limited situations yes.  Rape, incest, life and death.

Cause oops.  No.  Don't have sex if you are going to have an abortion if you get pregnant.

So everyone who wants an abortion just has to publicly accuse the father of rape.  That'll go well. 

Lessons to be learned.  Girls, dont have sex if you would want an abortion. Boys, dont have sex with any chick who would call you a rapist so she can get an abortion. 

Americans are pretty reasonable people.  This should work. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 01:11 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I thought you cared about black kids.  Guess I was wrong.  Carry on.

I care about human beings.  I don't really know why you mention "black kids".*

Is there where I'm supposed to get all "you called me a racists" and then complain for years?

'Cause I'd rather just say that is one of the single dumbest responses ever on this board.  Maybe top 5.

*I do know why.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 01:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: I care about human beings.  I don't really know why you mention "black kids".*

Is there where I'm supposed to get all "you called me a racists" and then complain for years?

'Cause I'd rather just say that is one of the single dumbest responses ever on this board.  Maybe top 5.

*I do know why.

Who is getting the vast majority of abortions?
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 01:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Why are you trying to force him into a binary choice?  It's not, I support abortion at any time or I believe they should always be banned.  There's an enormous range of beliefs in the middle area.  You could support abortion for rape and incest but no other reason.  You could support it in the case of severe genetic disease but not other instances.  You could support abortion up until five months, six months, seven moths, etc. but not after.

People like you who try and make it an all or nothing decision actually do the cause you claim to support far more damage then you realize.  If you force people to either choose complete support or complete opposition you're going to lose a lot of people you otherwise had more in common with than not.

I didn't "force him" into anything.

He said he supports a woman's right to choose and their right to an abortion.

I said he did and he agreed.

I am anti-abortion.  I think however that a woman has a right to choose and a right to one if she chooses.  It appears he feels the same.

You're (again) looking for a fight where this isn't one...lol.  Boring.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 01:32 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Who is getting the vast majority of abortions?

Women. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 01:32 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Who is getting the vast majority of abortions?

People pro lifers are afraid of. 

Actually, I should say people pro lifers dont want to see more of. And that's not specifically a race thing. 
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 01:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: I didn't "force him" into anything.

I am anti-abortion.  I think however that a woman has a right to choose and a right to one if she chooses.  It appears he feels the same.

That is not what I said, but feel free to twist my words if it gives you good feelz.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 01:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: Women. Mellow

Try again.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 02:01 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Try again.

No no - he's right. 

Aint exactly a line of dudes lining up to get their ovaries swept.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 02:01 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Try again.

Lower income people.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 01:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: Women. Mellow

Specifically low-income (about 3/4), straight (by about 96%), women. Ninja
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

(09-08-2021, 02:00 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: That is not what I said, but feel free to twist my words if it gives you good feelz.

Mellow

(09-08-2021, 12:06 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: For rape and incest there is the morning after pill and I am also ok with early term abortions in those circumstances.  Mother's life vs childs life the parents and doctor should make the call.  Horrible defects/days of life/horrible pain before death........same thing........parents and doctor do what they feel is best.

(09-08-2021, 12:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: So you support a woman's right to choose and abortion.

Great!

Then you clearly oppose this law.  Good for you!

(09-08-2021, 12:11 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: In limited situations, yes.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 01:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: People pro lifers are afraid of. 

Actually, I should say people pro lifers dont want to see more of. And that's not specifically a race thing. 
Pretty much. It's lower income people that get them, mostly. And, since there is a wealth and income gap in this country, BIPOC individuals will disproportionately be represented in those figures when we look at the rate of abortions.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 02:56 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Pretty much. It's lower income people that get them, mostly. And, since there is a wealth and income gap in this country, BIPOC individuals will disproportionately be represented in those figures when we look at the rate of abortions.

Pro lifers want more poor people here.  Open the borders!  Make em all citizens!  May as well get a head start on this. 

Open borders, open vaginas.  Let em in and let em out. 
Reply/Quote

That's not what he said, you're being dishonest.  As for trying to pick a fight, if that's what you got out of that post then it says a lot more about you than about me.  As for the inanity of that claim, I'll prove it wrong by making this my final response on this topic.
Reply/Quote