Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tez on Refs: "They obviously have it out for me"
“The refs, they obviously have it out for me, but you can’t call a bulls--- flag like that at the end of the game,” Burfict said. “He looked at my number and then threw it.”

“The refs were late to blow whistles all night, and they threw the flag late,” Burfict said. "Once the dude [Green] flopped, the ref looked at me and seen it was my number and then threw the flag. I can’t control that. Just keep playing football.”

-SI.com
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: “The refs, they obviously have it out for me, but you can’t call a bulls--- flag like that at the end of the game,” Burfict said. “He looked at my number and then threw it.”

“The refs were late to blow whistles all night, and they threw the flag late,” Burfict said. "Once the dude [Green] flopped, the ref looked at me and seen it was my number and then threw the flag. I can’t control that. Just keep playing football.”

-SI.com

Sure looked like it to me. But he has knew this for awhile now.

At that time of the game he needs to be extremely careful.
Reply/Quote
As much as I agree with him on the call being made because he did it, I believe in a certain sense that he earned the flag anyway... He has to keep his head during games not just for the current play, but for the future close calls.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure looked like it to me. But he has knew this for awhile now.

At that time of the game he needs to be extremely careful.

(12-29-2015, 03:41 PM)gobobro Wrote: As much as I agree with him on the call being made because he did it, I believe in a certain sense that he earned the flag anyway... He has to keep his head during games not just for the current play, but for the future close calls.
Exactly!!!  As much as that call was B.S., when you have earned the reputation you have for that type of stuff, you are going to get called.  He needs to learn to play or end plays smarter.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
Sounds like we should brace ourselves for more of the same.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No shit they are out for you....because, as much as I hate to say it, Burfict is a dirty player (a very good one). I personally like it, football is a violent nasty sport and all good defenses need that hitman nasty mother!!!

You know what they say, "you play with matches..."

P.S.- Why the hell did you have to knock over the camera and camera man?!?!?! (just nasty for no reason....)
Reply/Quote
If you act like a effin' stooler thug and put yourself in the position to draw a stupid flag, you'll draw a stupid flag.

Come on Taz, use your head!
Reply/Quote
He is right. And really if it happens it happens. He is a physical player. It comes with the territory.
Reply/Quote
I really like the fire Burfict provides to the defense, but come on. Of course the refs are going to eye you. You're a dirty player who doesn't play for the Steelers or Patriots. Calls are not going to go your way.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 06:10 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I really like the fire Burfict provides to the defense, but come on. Of course the refs are going to eye you. You're a dirty player who doesn't play for the Steelers or Patriots. Calls are not going to go your way.

If he can't figure this out, he is not nearly as intelligent as I thought he was.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
The play that happened in overtime would have been called against any player.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
He should stop whining and play smarter football.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 07:37 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: He should stop whining and play smarter football.

Even better, he should accept that he is the architect of his own discrimination, and play smarter football. :)
Reply/Quote
Have to agree with the sentiment that his own actions are what lead to these kind of calls. The problem is I'm not sure he can compartmentalize that part of his game. In other words, if you want Tez at 100% you have to take the great plays and the idiotic plays. You can't have one without the other.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
Flopping in the NBA is fined, the Broncos guy flopped.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 04:34 PM)Rattler Wrote: Come on Taz, use your head!

You might want to rephrase that
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
If you know that then even more reason to be on your best behavior!!!

No excuse!!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Gotta admit that Burfict can be clever, just not on that play Monday night.

The ball tap right in front of the ref, who was oblivious, is just classic Burfict. I keep wondering how many 15 yard flags we've gotten because of this video.

[Image: 190z0zx98v66pgif.gif]

Reply/Quote
I lost all respect for him after reading his comments. There were multiple whistles before he shoved him down out of bounds, but he wants to say "they have it in for me" instead of admitting his guilt.

This is the same dumb shit excuse James Harrison had when he kept getting flagged and fined for head shots.

Quit being a dumb ass making dirty plays and you won't get flagged for it!
Reply/Quote
This thread is gold, every reply contains wisdom, ( except mine ).
I Hope Tez reads this.
Reply/Quote