Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Bengals Board: 3 Years and Still Going Strong!
(05-11-2018, 05:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: *Cues up I love this bar, by Toby Keith*

Thanks to 'Holic and his original supporting cast, we all have a fantastic place to call home!  

So, I guess we're all celebrating at "Holic's house tonight, with dancin' girls and hookers.   Ninja

Boobs? I love boobs. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Smooth transition. We were all bummed when the old board closed, but we never missed a beat. Crazy that some of yall I've been going back and forth with for nearly 10 years (probably a little more). Yall family!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 01:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The board is officially 3 years old today. Man, time flies. To me, it doesn't seem like it's been that long already.  Mellow

As I do every year around this time, I just want to express my appreciation to the community here. You guys have truly made it a great place to talk Bengals football and a wide range of other topics. 

When we started this thing back in 2015, I had no real idea how it would turn out...but I knew we had a great member community and an outstanding staff...so I was very hopeful.

It's very cool to see what the board has grown into and how established it has become. So. once again - thanks to each and every member who helps make this such an entertaining and informative community...and to the staff members who put in so much time and effort to make things run so smoothly.

Here's to many more years...
Cheers, BJ

[Image: giphy.gif]

You're welcome
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Are we done with the circle jerk, yet? Can we get back to discussing the reason we're all here; BENGALS MOTHER EFFING FOOTBALL!!

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 03:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: raw]

Welcome to the real world...
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 06:12 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Are we done with the circle jerk, yet? Can we get back to discussing the reason we're all here; BENGALS MOTHER EFFING FOOTBALL!!

Mellow

Sure love those helmets. Cool

Sure will be nice having a stud Center for once in Billy Price. Really looking forward to this season with Lazor and Pollack
now on Offense. Seems to be a chemistry there, love listening to these guys press conferences. These two should really
compliment eachother, something i honestly don't think we have had here with PA who seemed to just do his own thing.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 05:18 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: Ha, thanks but we all know Holic has a personal stash that aren’t on the inter webs.

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 01:48 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Thanks for all the work!

I go thru spurts where imon here. Then disappear for awhile.
Really busy but love talking to you guys and draft time is an obsession foe me.

Its always been nice to share that with you guys, and this forum is so much better than the old one.

II'm so proud of you guys for making it into what it has become. It was awesome since the first day you started it, and has only gotten better. 

At a time when Facebook has become too political id rather spend my time on here shooting the breeze with you.  I think you will see me on here a little bit morethis season. 

Once again great frickin job and I take this shot of whiskey for you and 3 years of success, as well as hopefully decades more.  SALUTE
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 05:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Boobs? I love boobs. Mellow

[Image: hZRUGaz.gif]
Reply/Quote
I remember when we asked a certain mod from the old boards if he wanted to join, he smugly said that there was only one "true" board, and implied that any future board would struggle, since it wouldn't be official. He declined the offer. Welp, 3 years later...

Not even being cheesy, but it really does take all of us to keep the boards going. Even Fred. 

So thanks to all of you.  ThumbsUp
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
What's not to love about a guy who wouldn't take no for an answer and then didn't just replace it but destroyed it, made it a forgotten ghost?

The old board to this is like pee wee football to the NFL.

Signed--
Eternally grateful Bengal addict.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 06:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I remember when we asked a certain mod from the old boards if he wanted to join, he smugly said that there was only one "true" board, and implied that any future board would struggle, since it wouldn't be official. He declined the offer. Welp, 3 years later...

Not even being cheesy, but it really does take all of us to keep the boards going. Even Fred. 

There always has to be a Fred.  As Freds go, ours ain't bad.

Seems pretty damned official to me and even if it ain't, that doesn't stop it from being the best board in the land.  On second thought, maybe NOT being official is the key its greatness.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 01:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The board is officially 3 years old today. Man, time flies. To me, it doesn't seem like it's been that long already.  Mellow

As I do every year around this time, I just want to express my appreciation to the community here. You guys have truly made it a great place to talk Bengals football and a wide range of other topics. 

When we started this thing back in 2015, I had no real idea how it would turn out...but I knew we had a great member community and an outstanding staff...so I was very hopeful.

It's very cool to see what the board has grown into and how established it has become. So. once again - thanks to each and every member who helps make this such an entertaining and informative community...and to the staff members who put in so much time and effort to make things run so smoothly.

Cheers, BJ

Congrats to you and all the mods who made this such a great community for us Bengal fans to share our joy/grief with one another. You guys are doing an amazing job...

and I might add a big FU to DennyG who said when you opened this it would never last...it did and it does it better than the original Bengal board by leaps and bounds. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 07:04 PM)McC Wrote: There always has to be a Fred.  As Freds go, ours ain't bad.

Seems pretty damned official to me and even if it ain't, that doesn't stop it from being the best board in the land.  On second thought, maybe NOT being official is the key its greatness.

That was a little friendly ribbing. I like having Fred around.

And I agree...it's the no-so-official part that makes this place great. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 07:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That was a little friendly ribbing. I like having Fred around.

And I agree...it's the no-so-official part that makes this place great. 

I am always on the side of ribbing Fred.  I knew it was friendly.

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 06:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: [Image: hZRUGaz.gif]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Damn you Holic LMAO!!!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote

Cheers, BJ

Congrats all. It's been fun so far! 
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 03:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: raw]

Hit
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 06:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I remember when we asked a certain mod from the old boards if he wanted to join, he smugly said that there was only one "true" board, and implied that any future board would struggle, since it wouldn't be official. He declined the offer. Welp, 3 years later...

Created by the fans for the fans.

What's not to like?

Great job to all of those who created and continue to keep the board running and legit!

[Image: puckett.gif?w=1000]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote